Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

8:2 - Yujiro Hanma vs. Garnet (Steven Universe)

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 2

Yujiro Hanma

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Yujiro Hanma at this Wiki
Official Site: Keisuke Itagaki

Garnet (Steven Universe)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Garnet (Steven Universe) at this Wiki
Official Site: Cartoon Network

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Mount Doom

The environment definitely favors Garnet. She should be 100% unaffected by it. Her physicals are also all higher from what I can tell. Her striking power in particular is substantially higher, which gives her a massive advantage. Leaning towards her

• Like 1

While it's true that Garnet punches harder, I am under the impression that Yujiro definitely moves faster. Truthfully, Garnet is listed as relativistic as on vs battles but having seen Steven Universe episodes, I am under the impression that this is simply not true. Characters are tagged by things moving slow consistently, they don't fight at high speeds, hell I don't think they've even dodged bullets before? In my opinion, pairing Yujiro's faster speed/reflexes along with his ability to tell the weaknesses of everyone makes me believe that he'd have the slightest chance to beat her around without getting hit much himself. The only problem is the arena, but he has proven himself to be able to withstand high temperatures before, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. And true, people have survived lightning strikes before, but the news anchor takes note to mention that the lightning lingered for some time, on top of him standing still as if he didn't even experience the hit.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

While it's true that Garnet punches faster, I am under the impression that Yujiro definitely moves faster. Truthfully, Garnet is listed as relativistic as on vs battles but having seen Steven Universe episodes, I am under the impression that this is simply not true. Characters are tagged by things moving slow consistently, they don't fight at high speeds, hell I don't think they've even dodged bullets before? In my opinion, pairing Yujiro's faster speed/reflexes along with his ability to tell the weaknesses of everyone makes me believe that he'd have the slightest chance to beat her around without getting hit much himself. The only problem is the arena, but he has proven himself to be able to withstand high temperatures before, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. And true, people have survived lightning strikes before, but the news anchor takes note to mention that the lightning lingered for some time, on top of him standing still as if he didn't even experience the hit.

I agree that she's probably not relativistic. That comes from Pearl flying an FTL ship and maneuvering it around nearby asteroids, which might count as limited Relativistic reactions in some sense, but their combat speeds never seem to match that. However, there is also this calc, so there is more than one relativistic calculation for them out there. I agree that they get tagged by far slower thing on a daily basis. However, I don't know that Garnet is any slower than her opponent. She blocks this lightning bolt pretty casually and clearly starts moving after it appears. The problem is that Garnet has a limited Precog that is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes she can see entire days play out before her, and sometimes it doesn't let her dodge relatively slow attacks aimed at her. It seems to be far less effective in combat. No-selling that lightning is impressive and I don't doubt that he would be able to survive well in the environment, but Garnet has been said to be able to swim in lava, and other gems like Bismuth, who is specifically shown as being weaker than Garnet, are able to no-sell lava dips. Garnet's durability is also a big obstacle for him to overcome. Even if we accept that he's faster (which I'm not so sure about), Garnet is a tough cookie to crack, literally. Even if he knows to go for the Gems, they are well-protected and as long as the two gems are in agreement and they don't come up against a weapon specifically designed to poof them, Garnet can keep going through a ton of punishment. 

I don't think Garnet would necessarily win 10/10 here, but she definitely has a massive advantage in my eyes and would take a majority

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I agree that she's probably not relativistic. That comes from Pearl flying an FTL ship and maneuvering it around nearby asteroids, which might count as limited Relativistic reactions in some sense, but their combat speeds never seem to match that. However, there is also this calc, so there is more than one relativistic calculation for them out there. I agree that they get tagged by far slower thing on a daily basis. However, I don't know that Garnet is any slower than her opponent. She blocks this lightning bolt pretty casually and clearly starts moving after it appears. The problem is that Garnet has a limited Precog that is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes she can see entire days play out before her, and sometimes it doesn't let her dodge relatively slow attacks aimed at her. It seems to be far less effective in combat. No-selling that lightning is impressive and I don't doubt that he would be able to survive well in the environment, but Garnet has been said to be able to swim in lava, and other gems like Bismuth, who is specifically shown as being weaker than Garnet, are able to no-sell lava dips. Garnet's durability is also a big obstacle for him to overcome. Even if we accept that he's faster (which I'm not so sure about), Garnet is a tough cookie to crack, literally. Even if he knows to go for the Gems, they are well-protected and as long as the two gems are in agreement and they don't come up against a weapon specifically designed to poof them, Garnet can keep going through a ton of punishment. 

I don't think Garnet would necessarily win 10/10 here, but she definitely has a massive advantage in my eyes and would take a majority

That's fair. Only things I can add onto my previous posts are the fact that just like Garnet herself, Yujiro can also react to lightning (although it's not really needed cause he can just tank it), Obama states he's more powerful than a nuke, (yes, really), and every single president of the US knows that sending the entire army after him, along with all weaponry, is a bad move. So, no matter who wins, the surrounding area would be damaged severely by the outcome haha.