MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15958 Master Raven vs. Groh

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CV

604215622_lisascientist.jpg.b91630dac977c969750f0e0cc3287c9a.jpg

Lisa Hamilton returned to the MIST headquarters with a mixture of shame and confusion swelled up inside her. She had failed in the mission bestowed upon her by Victor Donovan.  (REF: LISA HAMILTON VS. JULIA CHANG). She was supposed to capture Julia Chang from the King of the Iron Fist tournament. Unfortunately for Lisa, she wasn’t strong enough to defeat the environmentalist in battle.

As she walked through the MIST HQ hallways, Lisa was troubled by more than just her failure. She had actually grown fond of Julia after reading her file. Like Lisa, Julia moonlighted as a professional wrestler away from regular life behind a luchador mask and a stage name. Lisa rationalized to herself that she had lost the fight because her heart was not in it.

Lisa enjoyed the scientific freedom MIST had allowed her and she was willing to overlook its moralistic failings because of it.  Lately, however those failings were getting harder for Lisa to ignore. She walked into the MIST main laboratory and was given clarity to the cause of many of those misgivings, It was all stemming from her.

Victor Donovan’s new prized scientist, the blue haired prodigy, NiCo, was tapping away at a computer when Lisa entered.

“I’m amazed you have the guts to show your face around here,” NiCo snarked without looking up from her computer screen. “Maybe Donovan will be more forgiving then I would be.”

“It’s a little more challenging out on the field. We are not all fortunate enough to spend all our time in these enclosed walls,” Lisa retorted.

NiCo finally looked up to face Lisa. “Nice try. Take a look behind you.”

Lisa turned and caught a glimpse of a tomboyish woman with short blonde hair strapped to a vertical table

“Her name is Leo Kliessen, she is a participant in the King of the Iron Fist tournament, ” NiCo informed. “Caught her in Southtown after she had fought some kickboxing bartender.  (REF: LEO KLIESSEN VS. KING) For you see Lisa, the difference between us is that I accomplish my missions.”

Lisa walked toward her. “Did you fight her?”

NiCo ignored the question. “She didn’t have any useful information on Yoshimitsu. Not that it matters much at this point. The objectives have changed.” NiCo walked over to stand next to Lisa as they looked at Leo. “I will give you credit for the Project Epsilon research you conducted years ago on Hayate. It has proved a most useful tool in keeping her docile until we can find some use for her.”

Lisa turned away from Leo. “You said the objectives have changed? What are they now?”

“Donovan sent Christie and her new boy toy to try and rescue Kazuya’s bodyguard  (REF: CHRISTIE VS. IVY) and work with her to track down the warriors connected to the Soul Edge weapon,” NiCo answered.

Lisa was confused. “There are more warriors connected to it other than Yoshimitsu?”

NiCo laughed. “You sure miss a lot when you are too busy getting your butt kicked, La Mariposa.”

Lisa really hated her. Lisa walked around the lab a little more to see what else she might have missed out on. The sight of another woman’s corpse in a water tank stopped her in her tracks.

“Who is that?”

“Jun Kazama, Jin’s mother,” NiCo replied.

“Nico, please tell me that you aren’t…”

“I very much am,” NiCo snapped. “Jun is to be our trump card no matter what happens. We will either use her as leverage against Jin or offer her as a peace offering to him if things continue going south with Kazuya.” (REF: HONOKA VS. HINAKO SHIJOU)

“I thought everyone had learned their lesson after the Raidou resurrection disaster,” stated Lisa.

“Raidou’s resurrection was very instructive in my research. No matter if this succeeds or not, I have no doubt it will be instructive as well,” NiCo reasoned.

“You can’t continue to mess with nature in this way,” Lisa scolded. “You are not a god and no matter how many trial runs Victor gives you, that will not change. Even if you somehow succeed with this, nothing good can come from it.”

“Victor Donovan would strongly disagree. But, don’t take it from me. You can ask him yourself,” said NiCo. “And speaking of my work, I must get back to it.”

Lisa left the lab in disgust. After a brief deliberation in her head, Lisa made the decision to cut all her ties with MIST. She was even willing to take it a step further. Lisa resolved herself to get into contact with Victor’s nemesis, Helena Douglas, and give her all the details of Victor’s plans and the location of the MIST base. (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

groh.jpg.bfb2ea9e823497d6630f133f8a9c9ef4.jpg

On a separate offshore headquarters, Master Raven was getting a debriefing on what had happened when her organization’s secret base was infiltrated.

“The infiltrator didn’t pose for any of our cameras or leave many clues, but the little bit of intel we were able to gather from his assault on our base suggests he was a ninja of the Mugen Tenshin clan,” explained one of her lieutenants.  (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN)

“Would some of that intel be from Rayven, himself?” she inquired.

“Yes m’am. He recognized some of the symbols on the infiltrator’s gear.” the lieutenant confirmed.

“Hmm. could be what they wanted us to see to send us on a wild goose chase. Where is Raven now, that makes him unable to give this debriefing himself?” wondered Master Raven.

“Still recovering in the infirmary, m’am. He should make a full recovery, though. At this point, I think his pride is hurt more than anything else.”

“If we don’t find a way to fix his blunder, it’s going to cost him much more than just his pride,” she said. “Do we have a full accounting on what was taken?”

“Yes. Just one file, The one on Yoshimitsu of the Manji Clan.”

Master Raven sighed. “Just what we need. More people in pursuit of Soul Edge. Get me all the information we have on the Mugen Tenshin clan.”

“Yes m’am.”

*INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!*,

Alarms blasted all around Master Raven. “What is it now?”

Master Raven would get her answer in short order as the door in front of her burst open. In walked a man with white hair with indio streaks. He carried a dual blade and wore an eyepatch over his left eye. The lieutenant immediately tried to confront him, but the mystery man stabbed him with the dual sword and flung him out of the room. He then walked forward to confront Master Raven.

“This was intended to be a secure location, but lately it seems like it has been anything but,” she snarked.

“It was not too hard to find,” the mystery man, Groh, confirmed.

“What do you want?” Master Raven inquired.

“”I know the information about Soul Edge originated from here,” said Groh. “I want to know everyone who you know obtained the information so that my allies and I can hunt them down.”

“You went through a lot of trouble to just be told no. That information is off limits to civilians,” Master Raven retorted.

“Civilian? I was gathering intel hundreds of years before you even heard the word,” snapped Groh.

Master Raven lifted an eyebrow. “So, you are one of them.  (REF: ROSE VS. VIOLA)  It is fascinating to be in your presence, but you are gravely mistaken if you think you can tell me what to do.”

“I am giving you the option to do the right thing, the smart thing,” insisted Groh. “Tell me what I want to know and we'll clean up your mess.”

She shook her head. “Negative. I will find the one responsible  (REF: URIEN VS. ALGOL)  and take care of it personally. There are already too many dancers on the dance floor. I am not going to invite more.”

Groh pointed his dual sword at Master Raven. “If you insist on being uncooperative then I  should warn you that enhanced interrogation is a specialty of mine.”

Master Raven unsheathed her sword. “What a coincidence. It’s a specialty of mine too.”