Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 4
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Andrew Ender Wiggin at Wikipedia
Official Site: Orson Scott Card

Battle Terrain
Precocious Kids: build and race in a sopbox derby

Unless I'm very wrong on Soap Box Derby races, it's done under fairly strict conditions right? Ender is really good at ingenuity and working on creative solutions to insurmountable problems. I don't think Dexter is going to be able to use straight inventions here and I think Ender is more creative and strategic than Dexter is, who struggles to do well in most competitions. 

10 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Unless I'm very wrong on Soap Box Derby races, it's done under fairly strict conditions right? Ender is really good at ingenuity and working on creative solutions to insurmountable problems. I don't think Dexter is going to be able to use straight inventions here and I think Ender is more creative and strategic than Dexter is, who struggles to do well in most competitions. 

That's actually a very good point. Dexter wouldn't be able to just invent his way out of this one without being disqualified, and he does have a pretty snakebitten career with competition

6 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Uhhh anyone else remember the Dexter SpeedRacer Parody episode? Dexter's done SoapBox Derby before

Relevant clip for anyone wondering, in which Dexter's car is almost completely totaled by a single easily avoidable obstacle in the road and he needs Dee-Dee to save him. Not especially impressive if I'm honest, but he does have experience

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

Relevant clip for anyone wondering, in which Dexter's car is almost completely totaled by a single easily avoidable obstacle in the road and he needs Dee-Dee to save him. Not especially impressive if I'm honest, but he does have experience

He only almost totaled his car cause Mandark sabatoged his jumpers earlier.... God I remember pointless things but not important things

3 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

He only almost totaled his car cause Mandark sabatoged his jumpers earlier.... God I remember pointless things but not important things

Nice clip.

I still would argue that Ender has a better record when it comes to competition, and I don't think Dexter is usually good at actually winning.

1 minute ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Good memory lol. But like, Mandark didn't sabotage anything else in his car that we know of. Dexter could have just avoided it in any other way, and just didn't because, seemingly, he's not a very good racer. His car clearly has some kind of steering mechanism, he just doesn't use it

6 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Dexter's gonna come in with the better car and win pretty easy. If there was much to go off of tactically I'd give Ender the edge, but this should be pretty straightforward.

That exact same argument goes for Dexter though. You really can't stray too far from the basic design in a Soap Box race without being DQ'd, so Dexter really can't invent himself into a win here

I think the rules constraints and driving skill are where things tilt in Ender’s favor. His whole thing is taking on bigger, and technologically superior opponents and winning. He does this in the laser tag combat games in his school and eventually full scale war. As a child he’s considered one of the best tactical minds, Dexter struggles to dodge turtles.