Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:11 - F91 Gundam vs. Mechagodzilla

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 11

F91 Gundam

Slot: Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about F91 Gundam at Wikipedia
Official Site: Sunrise

Mechagodzilla

Slot: Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mechagodzilla at Wikipedia
Official Site: Toho Co

Battle Terrain

Depends on which MechaGodzilla. If it was Showa, the Gundam might have a chance. Heisei would certainly win again the Gundam. Kiryu is arguably a different character, but that's probably the closest match-up here. However, overall, because we've usually just used the strongest version of the character that fits the category, I don't see Mecha G losing this one

This Gundam is by far the fastest and most mobile opponent Mechagodzilla ever would have fought. He's designed to fight slower monsters and slug it out, I think he's going to struggle a lot against a small, fast opponent, constantly dishing out attacks that are designed to put out other robots. This Gundam even has effects on its armor designed to fool most radar technology. I don't know what Mechagodzilla would necessarily have to hit it, while constantly being hit. 

2 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

This Gundam is by far the fastest and most mobile opponent Mechagodzilla ever would have fought. He's designed to fight slower monsters and slug it out, I think he's going to struggle a lot against a small, fast opponent, constantly dishing out attacks that are designed to put out other robots. This Gundam even has effects on its armor designed to fool most radar technology. I don't know what Mechagodzilla would necessarily have to hit it, while constantly being hit. 

The thing about that is that Gundams all have limited ammo and fuel, unless I'm misremembering. MechaGodzilla could literally just tank all of the Gundams attacks and wait out his munitions, then stomp on him

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The thing about that is that Gundams all have limited ammo and fuel, unless I'm misremembering. MechaGodzilla could literally just tank all of the Gundams attacks and wait out his munitions, then stomp on him

It's a big "if" Mechagodzilla can wait out that much firepower. This one has punched through Warships, etc so I don't think Mechgodzilla is going to be able to tank everything the Gundam throws at him.

The strongest gun this Gundam has is the Variable Speed Beam Rifle (that's VSBR) and is powered by its reactor. It's strong enough to punch through the strongest shields (actually two at the same time) in its universe and, as the name suggests, it can change up its hit pattern to shoot "low-speed beams with high destructive power, or high-speed beams with high penetrating power," which will be able to hurt Mechagodzilla. It's Beam Sabers aren't running out of ammo either, and should be able to slice Mechagodzilla, given the Gundam can change hand speeds to create a buzzsaw-like weapon.

I don’t know a lot about the Gundam series, but I do know that Mechagodzilla is one the toughest Kaiju level creatures that has ever existed. Since we’re going by his strongest feats, in it’s debut Heisei Mechagodzilla first fought and defeated Fire Rodan then immediately after fought and actually killed Godzilla (Big G had to be revived by Rodan sacrificing it’s life force) and during the fight tanked Godzilla’s atomic breath (which reaches temperatures over 900,000 degrees F). Also keep in mind that Mecha G has multiple ranged attacks such as Laser Beam Eyes, Shock Anchors, Rocket Fingers, and his Mega-Buster Ray to keep Gundam at a distance and negate it’s ability to use it’s Beam Saber. Also remember that Mecha G was able to tag and disable Rodan, whose speed is listed as Massively FTL in Attack, Flight, Combat, and Reaction (Literally the second fastest tier level of speed) so he can hit Rodan, he’ll definitely be hitting the Gundam.

39 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

It is listed in Rodan’s VS battle page. I’ll upload it if you don’t believe me.

2C0C40A3-7D00-4260-872D-221AA319A640.jpeg

I can address this. The Subsonic is the accepted movement and combat speed on a planet. The reason why the flying Kaiju are listed at FTL is because they can travel between planets, and even between solar systems, very quickly, and the other Kaiju are scaled to them relative to how well they can keep up with them in a fight. Further, the reason the reaction is listed as FTL is because many of the Kaiju beam attacks are thought to be light-based, but there are a few problems with that:

1. Other than a few specific iterations (Like Shin Godzilla) the kaiju energy attacks don't behave like light-based weapons should

2. Even if we accepted that they were light based, it's almost unheard of for a Kaiju to actually react to an energy attack fully after it had already been fired. The beam weapons move far faster than the actual Kaiju, so at best the would have low relativistic speeds, but because of point 1, we can rationally state that this isn't the case either

Oh man, this is awesome. Loving the discussion on this fight. It's just a good ol fashion throwdown.

Personally, I love gundams, but Mechagodzilla feels like the type of threat that would require a whole squadron of gundams to take down. Of course, I haven't seen every single gundam anime, but if I just picture a generic gundam, I don't see how it could take down Mechagodzilla by itself. Having said that, I also don't believe Mechagodzilla could move FTL, there's just no way. If someone can link to a clip from the movie where someone uses a speedometer or something to gauge his speed, I'll take back my next statement, but I think the gundam is no doubt faster/more mobile than Mecha. I see the gundam staying in this contest longer than he should, simply due to his mobility, but eventually Mechagodzilla is gonna cause some damage and that speed is going to go down greatly. Mechagodzilla will tear into the gundam and then destroy the rest of Paris for fun.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 3:23 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

I can address this. The Subsonic is the accepted movement and combat speed on a planet. The reason why the flying Kaiju are listed at FTL is because they can travel between planets, and even between solar systems, very quickly, and the other Kaiju are scaled to them relative to how well they can keep up with them in a fight. Further, the reason the reaction is listed as FTL is because many of the Kaiju beam attacks are thought to be light-based, but there are a few problems with that:

1. Other than a few specific iterations (Like Shin Godzilla) the kaiju energy attacks don't behave like light-based weapons should

2. Even if we accepted that they were light based, it's almost unheard of for a Kaiju to actually react to an energy attack fully after it had already been fired. The beam weapons move far faster than the actual Kaiju, so at best the would have low relativistic speeds, but because of point 1, we can rationally state that this isn't the case either

Okay I can accept that the Kaiju energy attacks shouldn’t be considered light-based level speed but shouldn’t we consider the travel between planets feats as proof of Rodan’s FTL speed? Rodan is consistently portrayed as one of the fastest Kaiju after all. But even if his attack speed should only be limited to what’s been shown on the planet, that still puts Rodan at least at Mach 3 flight speed. My biggest question for the Gundam side is how fast is the F91 Gundam, because if his speed is similar or less then Rodan’s then it would stand to reason that Mecha G would be able to keep the Gundam from blitzing him with the Beam Saber and then use it’s overwhelming size, strength, and destructive capacity to take the win. 
In short, I would like to know this Gundam’s speed feats since as I’ve previously said I have never watched any of the Gundam series.

I think the speed and destructive power of the Gundam is still being undersold. If it’s able to punch through warships and is at a consistent city-level destruction point, then I think Mechagodzilla can’t shrug off that much firepower.

This Gundam is able to dodge light-based attacks consistently and moves much faster than any evidence we have of combat speed in any Godzilla movie. There aren’t a bunch of good videos, but around 4:30 in this video demonstrates his speed pretty well: