Megas XLR

Slot: Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Megas XLR at Wikipedia
Official Site: Cartoon Network

Battle Terrain

Well, Destoroyah is definitely bigger than Megas and quite powerful, but the Megas has quite a few tools in its belt. 

For example, I see that Destoroyah is weak to extreme cold. Coop, for example, could use Megas's freeze ray to immobilize it, then use either the pixelizer gun or the teleportation ray to take it apart.

Destoroyah is definitely stronger if memory serves. He is durable enough that multiple Red Spiral Rays from Heisei Godzilla weren't enough to put him down, he is strong enough that he could hurt the most durable version of Godzilla, making him decidedly physically stronger than the likes of Space Godzilla, Heisei King Ghidorah, and Biollante, who are all along Godzilla's fiercest foes. Space Godzilla was explicitly stated to be able to "destroy the Earth" by Mothra's Mouths of Sauron characters, and Destoroyah is considerably stronger than him. As for the cold, while he was weak to it, if memory serves it wasn't just an ice beam, it was like Absolute Zero temperatures that were able to keep him down, and even then it didn't fully work when he was in his final form. Destoroyah is one of four monsters I consider to be Godzilla's strongest opponents, and he has a very strong argument for being able to take on the Big G. Megas is outclassed 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

Space Godzilla was explicitly stated to be able to "destroy the Earth" by Mothra's Mouths of Sauron characters, and Destoroyah is considerably stronger than him.

Eh, that much power would, by tourney rules, disqualify it for this slot:

On 12/28/2020 at 10:33 PM, Fox said:

SLOT 4: Team's Japanese Asset (from Season 4)

Either a Giant Robot or Giant Kaiju monster character.  Not cosmicly powerful and not a character that destroys planets.  Typical Giant Robots and Kaiju.

But I'm not going to make a huge deal of that. Megas has dealt with and defeated planetary-level enemies, and it could still use its teleporting ray and pixelating gun to take Destoroyah apart piece by piece.

Destoroyah's Oxygen Destroyer Ray should be a hard counter to the metal composition of Megas XLR, but also Megas XLR has a cold weapon that is explicitly considered a weakness for Destoroyah. It depends. Do I go for the one character who is more likely to win due to being more likely to spam his own ray or do I go with the character who mostly wins by creating new weapons out of thin air that are used to deal with the things he's fighting at the moment? I think I'll go with Destoroyah, but only slightly.

• Like 1

Megas XLR, that’s a name I haven’t heard in over 15 years. Having just refreshed my knowledge on the show I can safely say that Coop and Megas have what it takes to take down Destoroyah. In episode 1 of the series they took on a fleet of aliens who were specifically said to have been on the verge of wiping out humanity in the future, including a mech that at least 20 times bigger then Megas itself. In episode 3 Coop was invited to a tournament that featured the strongest fighting mechs in the galaxy and won handily even after it’s host tried to sabotage Megas near the end. In episode 7 Coop accidentally released a galactic prisoner called Grrkek The Planet Killer (who I think was said to have destroyed several planets before this) and Megas not only defeated him halfway through the episode, but also had to defeat dozens of other prisoners who were at least on Grrkek’s level. I hope y’all take these feats into account when you cast your votes.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:31 PM, Macklemore said:

Destoroyah's Oxygen Destroyer Ray should be a hard counter to the metal composition of Megas XLR, ...

Coop could bring up Megas's energy shield to possibly block at least part of the Ray long enough get out of its path, then get into position to use some of its own weapons.