Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Tournament - Severus Snape vs. Wicked Witch of the West

Boratz

HOGWARTS

Every year was always the same at Hogwarts for Severus Snape. While the students would come and leave, the experiences never seemed to change. For Severus Snape, he was cold toward most first year students and his feeling did not change as they progressed through the years. Every year was the same for Severus as he saw students come and go. He often reflected on his life as a student in these very halls. The fond memories of her laughter and her voice would flow through his mind. The love that he once held dear forever lost within the past, and now she was only a memory that he held onto with each passing day. His memories became a curse of pain and guilt as he walked through the halls of this school. 

He would often try to shrug off his memories as he sat behind his desk. Every year was the same. Every year was always the same for Severus Snape. He had received a message from Headmaster Albus Dumbledore that he wanted to meet with him. Professor Snape quietly left his room behind and headed to Dumbledore's office. The smiling faces and laughter of the students became a constant reminder of what haunted him. As he passed by the students, their smiles faded, and their laughter ceased. The students of Hogwarts knew Snape very well and they often held back their joy when he was around. Almost every student could feel an unhappiness around the Potion's Master.

Before approaching Dumbledore's office, Snape could not help but reflect on Lily. There was much regret and hurt that dwelt within Snape's very heart. The love that he had for her could never be known to the world as he had betrayed her. His way to show his love and respect the memory of Lily was to fulfill the promise that he had made all those years ago. Snape stood outside the door of Albus Dumbledore and muttered in his cold voice the words of, "lemon drop." The door opened wide and Snape crept through and made his way to the Headmaster of Hogwarts. A warm smile formed underneath the snowy pale beard of Albus Dumbledore.

"Severus, thank you for coming." Dumbledore said as he threw out his hands.

"What is this about, Albus?" Severus muttered as his dark eyes sat upon the Headmaster.

"With Christmas break approaching, I have a favor that I must ask of you." Dumbledore responded as his smile started to fade.

"What would that be?" Snape asked as he let out a sigh.

Dumbledore responded, "Next year will bring much change to the world going forward. The son of James and Lily Potter will be of age to attend Hogwarts. There are dangers that will sure enough make themselves known to all....." 

"What are you asking of me, Dumbledore?" Snape asked as he interrupted the Headmaster.

"There is still much mystery in this world, even to wizards and witches. The Ministry of Magic discovered a dark surge of power coming from a lost chamber created by Merlin himself. A chamber shrouded with darkness." Dumbledore said as he looked off. "What was discovered would certainly attract the darkest of souls. As of now, they have requested my assistance with this chamber." 

"What is it that you are asking of me?" Snape asked in his cold voice once again.

"Merlin created something that was only thought to be that of myth. A gateway to a world in between worlds and a time that exists outside of time. That cannot fall into the hands of... Voldemort." Dumbledore said as he glared into Snape's eyes. "With this chamber's uncertainty of power. It needs to be destroyed before anyone else knows of its existence."

"Why are you asking this of me? You certainly could have reached out to any other professor." Snape said as he glared at Dumbledore.

"Alas with the boy of James and Lily Potter approaching his first year of school in the coming times. I foresee a war coming! A war far, far worse than what we have seen before. You, yourself feel as though you betrayed Lily and in that you made a promise. I need to see if your loyalties truly lie with Voldemort or with me." Dumbledore replied.

"You ask this of me after everything I have done for you!" Snape sneered as he circled around Dumbledore. "My loyalties are not with Voldemort and they are certainly not to the child of James Potter. I will do as you ask! Do not test my loyalties again!"

With deep bitterness, Snape left Dumbledore in his office. He sauntered through the hallways of Hogwarts in a quiet rage. His thoughts circled around what Dumbledore had just asked of him, but soon he remembered that fateful night in Godric's Hollow. For a moment, the Potion's Master stopped within one of the many halls of Hogwarts. His thoughts were of him cradling Lily in his arms and the promise that he made to protect her son from the Dark Lord. 

Standing alone in silence, he heard the faint laughter of Fred and George Weasley wandering through the halls. In Snape's low and icy tone. "This area is restricted. Go back to your tower. That will be ten points from Gryffindor." As the Weasley twins quickly disappeared, Snape came back to his senses. Soon Christmas break would come, and Snape would have a journey unlike anything he has experienced before.

Land of Oz

In the Land of Oz, there is an area known as Winkie Country. Within Winkie Country, there is a witch as foul and as wicked as they come. This wicked witch was known far and wide as the Wicked Witch of the West. She longed for power and control over the land of Oz but was never able to gain the power that she felt she deserved. After years of fighting and years of searching, she found a mystery that existed long before the time of the Yellow Brick Road. A once mighty castle that has since become a ruin of its former self had been discovered. Within this ruin was a monolith that was found by the dark forces of the Wicked Witch of the West. A power dark magic surrounded this ancient monolith. The Wicked Witch laughed hysterically as her Flying Monkeys flew away in fright from the very presence of this stone.

With a leap and a dance, the Wicked Witch made her way to the magical monolith. As she placed her hand upon the stone, she transported to a world far beyond that of Oz. She stood in a space that was unlike any other. Darkness engulfed the space, as there appeared to be doorways to many different worlds and times. The ground beneath the Wicked Witch shook as a bright white light shot through the endless space and through unlimited doorways. As the Wicked Witch tried to escape this space, she realized that she was trapped from within. She needed someone or something to free her from this eternal abyss. 

In between space and time, it felt as if an eternity had past for the Wicked Witch. She saw doorways to worlds far beyond her comprehension, but she could not break the barriers that contained her. With these worlds and these times, she saw unknown worlds. Time was not against her as she watched and gained knowledge of this existence outside of time and space. To unlock the barriers, she had to obtain power through blood sacrifice. Through that sacrifice, she could obtain the power to manipulate space and time itself. With that power she could wipe out Glenda and become superior in all of existence.

Merlin's Chamber

Severus Snape was led by members of the Ministry of Magic to the recently discovered chamber of Merlin. Before getting closer to the long-forgotten chamber, he could feel a power that he had never felt before. He saw a green essence flowing from the chamber. As Snape approached the chamber's entrance, he could feel a warmth within him that he had not felt since his youth. He also felt a dread that he first felt on the night of her death. The same dread that he has felt ever since. An inscription on the chamber entrance was a riddle that the Ministry of Magic could not decipher, but Snape was able to solve it within a short time. As he was a Slytherin just as Merlin himself was, Snape entered the chamber. The power that protected the chamber kept the rest of the Ministry at a distance. Snape glanced back as everything was engulfed in darkness. He slowly turned around and proceeded forward.

Within the vast chamber, Snape began to realize that this was not a creation of Merlin but rather a discovery of his. This was the very center of time and space. It was a world in between worlds and outside of worlds. An existence in and outside of the very fabric space. As he crept forward, he saw what appeared to be doorways in all directions. As he continued to walk, tears rolled down his face as he saw her. There were moments of him and Lily as children. There were other doorways that surrounded him, but his gaze was on Lily. It was always on Lily. He sauntered past the doorways showing him and Lily growing up and he proceeded past the moment that he called her a "mugblood." While he felt a powerful sense of joyous warmth deep within his soul; as he walked past that particular doorway, he felt regret. He then saw a moment that he did not hold as a memory. It was as if she was gazing upon him. He walked closer and closer as he felt her looking upon him.

"Lily." Severus said as he put out his hand. "I... I am..." A smile formed over Lily's face as if her eyes had aligned with Snape's. "I love you and I am so sorry." Snape muttered under sobs. 

A screeching laughter filled the air as Snape spun around and saw a hideous fiend standing before him. The Wicked Witch of the West had wretched smile that spread from ear to ear. With Snape's presence, there was an opportunity there that she had not had since being in this abyss. The feelings that were dwelling within him had unlocked a power that could open the doors to space and time. Knowing that this power could grow, the Wicked Witch unleashed a snap that opened the doorway to Lily. 

Snape gasped as Lily fell before him in this world in between worlds. She gazed and saw Snape kneeling before her. In a moment, her breath escaped her as she gently said, "Severus..." A tear dropped rolled down her soft cheek as she gazed into his dark eyes. Snape let out a sigh as her gazed at Lily. A small smile formed on his face as he replied, "Lily."

Tears formed in Snape's eyes as he continued to gaze into Lily's beautiful green eyes. He mustered up his strength to say, "Lily, I... I am sorry. You were right. You were right. I know never that I told you how... I how felt about you. I lo..."

A thunderous noise quickly interrupted Snape as the Wicked Witch started laughing from behind them. "I WILL TAKE OZ! I WILL TAKE EVERYTHING!" 

Snape glared at the Wicked Witch as he took out his wand and pointed it at the green skinned foe. "What do you want?"

"The sacrifice of love will give me control of space and time itself! I will have your heart and your little girl's too!" The Wicked Witch snickered with a hideous smile.

Snape glanced back at Lily and then back at the Wicked Witch. In that moment, all the guilt he held onto for so many years rushed through his mind. In this moment, he could save the one that he loved..

Nice use of Severus' unrequited love to set-up the match. 

I would have liked to have spent more time with Severus and Lily together.  There's definitely some pathos and emotion there to explore with more word count.  Alas, their moment together is too swift.  The word count used to set-up Merlin's Chamber and the opening with Dumbledore are nice - but not the heart of the matter, so to speak.

Just my 2 cents. Great match and thanks for the read!

9 minutes ago, Fox said:

Nice use of Severus' unrequited love to set-up the match. 

I would have liked to have spent more time with Severus and Lily together.  There's definitely some pathos and emotion there to explore with more word count.  Alas, their moment together is too swift.  The word count used to set-up Merlin's Chamber and the opening with Dumbledore are nice - but not the heart of the matter, so to speak.

Just my 2 cents. Great match and thanks for the read!

Thanks Fox

I've been wanting to use Severus for a while and wanted to get more into the Lily moments but word count did limit some. I definitely feel Lily would have some sort of buried feeling deep down within her, but also still having some hurts. I had different ideas but I didn't know how much that i could put into it without surpassing that word count.

A cool entry for the tournament, Boratz. It does make me wonder what possible romantic entanglements are in the Wicked Witch of the West's past. I don't know much Oz lore beyond the movie and the dreadful sequel that I mostly try to forget so I don't know if it was ever explored lol.

• Like 1