Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:7 - Space Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 7

Space Godzilla

Slot: Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Space Godzilla at Wikipedia
Official Site: Toho Co

King Ghidorah

Slot: Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about King Ghidorah at Wikipedia
Official Site: Toho Co

Battle Terrain

SpaceGodzilla was manhandling the strongest Movie Godzilla and a stronger version of a MechaGodzilla who managed to kill said version of Godzilla in an earlier movie. In comparision, said Godzilla clowned on King Ghidorah and Mecha-King Ghidorah alone previously. In comparision, the Showa King Ghidorah always stuck out as being weaker to me than Heisei King Ghidorah, even though statement wise he was supposed to be more powerful. Whether the budget couldn't allow the Showa King Ghidorah to stick out or not is beyond me, but it is what it is. Unless this is Grand King Ghidorah, who would nullify mostly all things Space Godzilla has going for him, I think I'll go with SpaceGodzilla. I'm not taking GKG into account as even his name differentiates him from normal KG, as he should be seen as above him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

SpaceGodzilla was manhandling the strongest Movie Godzilla and a stronger version of a MechaGodzilla who managed to kill said version of Godzilla in an earlier movie. In comparision, said Godzilla clowned on King Ghidorah and Mecha-King Ghidorah alone previously. In comparision, the Showa King Ghidorah always stuck out as being weaker to me than Heisei King Ghidorah, even though statement wise he was supposed to be more powerful. Whether the budget couldn't allow the Showa King Ghidorah to stick out or not is beyond me, but it is what it is. Unless this is Grand King Ghidorah, who would nullify mostly all things Space Godzilla has going for him, I think I'll go with SpaceGodzilla. I'm not taking GKG into account as even his name differentiates him from normal KG, as he should be seen as above him.

Unless you're talking about a different movie or a comic or something I think you misremembered the Space Godzilla movie. Space Godzilla took on Godzilla and Mogera, not Mecha Godzilla, and Moguera, with all due respect, kinda sucks. He really exists just as a distraction. Also, Heisei King Ghidorah did not get "clowned on" by Godzilla. He was so strong that he was unaffected by Godzilla's regular atomic breath, and Godzilla needed a substantial power up to kill him, much like Space Godzilla. I also genuinely believe Mecha Ghidorah was a downgrade rather than an upgrade. Both of these characters have almost identical feats on the Vs. Battle wiki, going by Heisei Ghidorah. However, I think Ghidorah has two major advantages: Space G's shoulder crystals and his lack of mobility.

Ghidorah, unlike Godzilla, can fire three potent attack beams at once, and is therefore much more likely to hit one of Space Godzilla's crystals early. Those crystals are a massive weakness, and once they're gone, Space Godzilla is done for. He becomes substantially less powerful. King Ghidorah, surprisingly, is also more mobile than Space Godzilla. I assume because the costume was too cumbersome or something, but Space Godzilla is one of Godzilla's least mobile foes, while Ghidorah is deceptively fast and can get around much easier than Space G. I don't think it would be easy for either contestant, but in the end I do think Ghidorah gets Space Godzilla's crystals, and once those are out of the way it's pretty much over. 

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Unless you're talking about a different movie or a comic or something I think you misremembered the Space Godzilla movie. Space Godzilla took on Godzilla and Mogera, not Mecha Godzilla,

Yeah, Moguera was the stronger version of MechaGodzilla I had in mind.

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

and Moguera, with all due respect, kinda sucks. He really exists just as a distraction.

Wrong, Moguera was not a distraction, it was the robot that managed to tip the scales against SpaceGodzilla. It was due to the Spiral Grenade Missiles specifically that these scales were tipped, as they were a direct upgrade of the G-Crusher as they served not only to push through the thick hide of kaiju but explode directly afterwards. If that is not an upgrade, I don't know what is. And if I remember correctly, that specifically destroyed SpaceGodzilla's crystals. If I recall correctly, King Ghidorah has no ability that leads both explosive and piercing damage at once.

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Also, Heisei King Ghidorah did not get "clowned on" by Godzilla. He was so strong that he was unaffected by Godzilla's regular atomic breath

Which is something that I could say for any one monster from the Heisei Era, it does not really differentiate them if they were able to stand up to him.

5 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

and Godzilla needed a substantial power up to kill him, much like Space Godzilla.

Unfortunately, Space Godzilla had already been facing a more powerful Godzilla than the one that King Ghidorah faced. This was the Godzilla post-Fire Rodan absorption, one that was distinctly more powerful.

7 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

However, I think Ghidorah has two major advantages: Space G's shoulder crystals and his lack of mobility.

Again, you're gonna have to prove that Ghidorah has the capacity to do what Moguera can do, and that is pierce the hide of something as thick as Godzilla, and then you're going to have to prove that he can dish out EXPLOSIVE force on top of that. SpaceGodzilla, furthermore, makes up for his lack of mobility with his Corona Beam, which he can maneuver around after it's been fired. King Ghidorah doesn't have this luxury, and even beyond that, every King Ghidorah is notoriously bad at aiming. Whether this is due to the fact that maneuvering three different floppy necks on a rubber suit is hard, but most of the shots from each of his three heads very rarely hit, at most it's 1 or 2 that land on a monster. The one major advantage that King Ghidorah ACTUALLY has over SpaceGodzilla is the fact that SpaceGodzilla is a sadistic dipshit on top of being incompetent when it comes to using his abilities properly. Many times he could have used the shield that he materialized in front of himself to block Godzilla's beam, and many times he refused to do so. I don't know if it's due to the fact that he's an idiot, or due to the fact that he deemed defending himself beneath him, but I do remember that being a cause of frustration for me.

13 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Space Godzilla is one of Godzilla's least mobile foes, while Ghidorah is deceptively fast and can get around much easier than Space G.

Again, flying around SpaceGodzilla won't really help that much. He can use his Gravity Tornado to stop things his size and weight from moving around, he can lock on his beam onto you even if you're able to outmaneuver him, and getting close to him isn't a good idea as he has an electric(?) touch and can expel an AOE attack just like normal Godzilla can.

16 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Yeah, Moguera was the stronger version of MechaGodzilla I had in mind.

Wrong, Moguera was not a distraction, it was the robot that managed to tip the scales against SpaceGodzilla. It was due to the Spiral Grenade Missiles specifically that these scales were tipped, as they were a direct upgrade of the G-Crusher as they served not only to push through the thick hide of kaiju but explode directly afterwards. If that is not an upgrade, I don't know what is. And if I remember correctly, that specifically destroyed SpaceGodzilla's crystals. If I recall correctly, King Ghidorah has no ability that leads both explosive and piercing damage at once.

Which is something that I could say for any one monster from the Heisei Era, it does not really differentiate them if they were able to stand up to him.

Unfortunately, Space Godzilla had already been facing a more powerful Godzilla than the one that King Ghidorah faced. This was the Godzilla post-Fire Rodan absorption, one that was distinctly more powerful.

Again, you're gonna have to prove that Ghidorah has the capacity to do what Moguera can do, and that is pierce the hide of something as thick as Godzilla, and then you're going to have to prove that he can dish out EXPLOSIVE force on top of that. SpaceGodzilla, furthermore, makes up for his lack of mobility with his Corona Beam, which he can maneuver around after it's been fired. King Ghidorah doesn't have this luxury, and even beyond that, every King Ghidorah is notoriously bad at aiming. Whether this is due to the fact that maneuvering three different floppy necks on a rubber suit is hard, but most of the shots from each of his three heads very rarely hit, at most it's 1 or 2 that land on a monster. The one major advantage that King Ghidorah ACTUALLY has over SpaceGodzilla is the fact that SpaceGodzilla is a sadistic dipshit on top of being incompetent when it comes to using his abilities properly. Many times he could have used the shield that he materialized in front of himself to block Godzilla's beam, and many times he refused to do so. I don't know if it's due to the fact that he's an idiot, or due to the fact that he deemed defending himself beneath him, but I do remember that being a cause of frustration for me.

Again, flying around SpaceGodzilla won't really help that much. He can use his Gravity Tornado to stop things his size and weight from moving around, he can lock on his beam onto you even if you're able to outmaneuver him, and getting close to him isn't a good idea as he has an electric(?) touch and can expel an AOE attack just like normal Godzilla can.

A lot of those are fair points. King G's Heisei form is unfortunately weaker than his other forms. Well, it's stronger, but it's comparatively weaker than other forms of King Ghidorah are compared to Godzilla. If I'm restricted to Heisei it's going to be one hell of a hard fight for him.

However, I personally think Grand King Ghidorah isn't a distinct entity, and is just another version of King Ghidorah. On wikipedia, the word "grand" never shows up for the entry for Rebirth of Mothra 3. It never shows up on the wikizilla entry either, and in fact the movie is titled "Mothra 3: King Ghidorah Attacks" in Japanese. The wikipedia article states that it stars the fictional monsters Mothra and King Ghidorah, not Mothra and a version of King Ghidorah called Grand King Ghidorah. In Toho's eyes, this appears to be just another version of King Ghidorah, and should be admissible into this category. And in that case, I think we both agree he scales above Space Godzilla

13 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

In Toho's eyes, this appears to be just another version of King Ghidorah, and should be admissible into this category. And in that case, I think we both agree he scales above Space Godzilla

Yeah, definitely. That shield nullifies all advantages SpaceGodzilla has over him.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Yeah, definitely. That shield nullifies all advantages SpaceGodzilla has over him.

I think that's how King G wins then. It would be a good fight either way, but Space G just has no way around that

1 hour ago, Movie-Brat said:

I thought the only reason Ghidorah in the Heisei era started to his ass whooped was when the future people lost control of the thing and couldn't coordinate. 

Even if that is true, Godzilla got a power-up between fighting King Ghidorah and he needed help to take out Space Godzilla. If it was restricted to just Heisei King Ghidorah, I think it would be a very good fight that Space Godzilla would win more often than not. Most powerful versions, though, and Ghidorah takes the majority

Question is though, which version of Ghidorah is used? Because that one is from the Showa era. 

Though then again, Ghidorah always gets his ass whooped in every version, Space Godzilla could essentially get a power up. 

Ghidorah doesn't always "get his ass whooped." He almost always requires outside interference for the big G to take him down. It's very rare for Godzilla to take him down unassisted. Also, as with most of these, it's a rough composite usually. Whatever the most powerful version is that fits the category is usually allowed, and in that case Ghidorah should take this one

How would MonsterVerse Ghidorah do against Space Godzilla?

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Ghidorah doesn't always "get his ass whooped." He almost always requires outside interference for the big G to take him down. It's very rare for Godzilla to take him down unassisted. Also, as with most of these, it's a rough composite usually. Whatever the most powerful version is that fits the category is usually allowed, and in that case Ghidorah should take this one

I'm just saying, there's a reason I picked the Captain Marvel version of Carol Danvers on my team so I can clarify which version of her I'm using and what she has would be her stats. 

That's why I'm basically going by the image of King Ghidorah for this fight. 

I'm just saying, there's a reason I picked the Captain Marvel version of Carol Danvers on my team so I can clarify which version of her I'm using and what she has would be her stats. 

That's why I'm basically going by the image of King Ghidorah for this fight. 

Well I didn't get to pick the picture for Ghidorah lol. The rules say nothing about which version of the character is allowed as long as they fit the category, and I think it would be downright silly to clutter the database with like 8 versions of Godzilla just because they're from different movies. Specifying Carol Danvers is good for that character because there are multiple Captain Marvels within Marvel's continuity. Same with Spider Man being clarified to be Peter Parker. It's also why I agree with, for instance, Mecha King Ghidorah being his own entity. But just the various forms of base Ghidorah I think only need one entry

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

MonsterVerse monsters are a good step down from Heisei monsters.