Slot: The Team Evil Genius
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Arcade at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Genius Challenge: Who wins the battle using only Mechanics skills

From what I can remember from Gargoyles, Xanatos was not too bad with building machines and such. But I still got to give it to Arcade, this is his specialty. I don't forsee Xanatos being about to top Arcade when it comes to this 

Yeah, I feel like generally Arcade has to deal with stronger foes, therefore his knowledge in mechanics should technically be on a higher level? I mean, creating death traps for the X-Men on a regular basis, one couldn't even imagine how busted his death mazes would be if a normal human were to enter accidentally.

10 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Yeah, I feel like generally Arcade has to deal with stronger foes, therefore his knowledge in mechanics should technically be on a higher level? I mean, creating death traps for the X-Men on a regular basis, one couldn't even imagine how busted his death mazes would be if a normal human were to enter accidentally.

Although he is by no mean superpowered, it would be a mistake to consider David Xanatos a normal human.

The man has a tv trope named after him that is literally about finding a way to win in all possible scenarios.

It is never explicitly stated that Xanatos built his steel clan or his high tech Coyote armor that was strong enough to take on Goliath, but it is also not even remotely implied that someone else did it either. In fact, the only employees of Xanatos ever shown are Dr. Sevarius, Owen, and Eliza's brother.

I think this battle of wits using mechanics ends with Xanatos victorious and then manipulating Arcade into going after the Manhattan Clan.

5 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Although he is by no mean superpowered, it would be a mistake to consider David Xanatos a normal human.

The man has a tv trope named after him that is literally about finding a way to win in all possible scenarios.

It is never explicitly stated that Xanatos built his steel clan or his high tech Coyote armor that was strong enough to take on Goliath, but it is also not even remotely implied that someone else did it either. In fact, the only employees of Xanatos ever shown are Dr. Sevarius, Owen, and Eliza's brother.

I think this battle of wits using mechanics ends with Xanatos victorious and then manipulating Arcade into going after the Manhattan Clan.

I'm aware of the Trope named after him, but again, the matter of fact is Arcade deals with stronger things on a day to day basis when compared to Xanatos. I'd put the X-Men above the Manhattan Clan by a large margin, and I'm still not convinced on Xanatos's skill in mechanics. You just said he wins cause he's a good strategist, which frankly wouldn't fly here.