Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:5 - F91 Gundam vs. Omega Supreme

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 5

F91 Gundam

Slot: Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about F91 Gundam at Wikipedia
Official Site: Sunrise

Omega Supreme

Slot: Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Omega Supreme at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro

Battle Terrain

I don't think Omega Supreme can hit the F91. It's a robot specifically designed for speed and being able to create after images to confuse opponents. The Gundam is also packing plenty of punch, it's a city-buster with its firepower and multi-block just from striking. 

I think with its speed and constantly attacking, the F91 should win. It's a pretty good combat edge.

2 hours ago, Magnamax said:

I don't think Omega Supreme can hit the F91. It's a robot specifically designed for speed and being able to create after images to confuse opponents. The Gundam is also packing plenty of punch, it's a city-buster with its firepower and multi-block just from striking. 

I think with its speed and constantly attacking, the F91 should win. It's a pretty good combat edge.

A good argument, but unfortunately Omega has tagged opponents who are faster than him simply through area damage.  He can level whole buildings or city blocks fairly easily. 

6 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Not the strongest iteration of Omega Supreme, but this gives a good idea (skip to 2:10) of what he could do to smaller, faster opponents.

I think this kind of keeps my point alive though, those aren’t moving anywhere near the hypersonic speeds of the F91, yhat moves fast enough to leave after-images. I think Omega will have a really hard time tagging the F91, while getting hit constantly. I think the Gundam has a solid win here now.

7 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I think this kind of keeps my point alive though, those aren’t moving anywhere near the hypersonic speeds of the F91, yhat moves fast enough to leave after-images. I think Omega will have a really hard time tagging the F91, while getting hit constantly. I think the Gundam has a solid win here now.

My point was that the area damage means that F91 gets damaged, but the video showed that Omega could still move quick enough to tag flying opponents anyway. And I am still not convinced that F91 could harm Omega, who has shrugged off blasts by Megatron, arguably one of the heaviest damage output transformers. 

To draw comparison, a velociraptor may be quicker than Godzilla, but it would still get blasted by area damage and is unlikely to do any damage before it gets obliterated. 

9 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Not the strongest iteration of Omega Supreme, but this gives a good idea (skip to 2:10) of what he could do to smaller, faster opponents.

I'm sorry, this does the opposite of convincing me. When faced with a much slower opponent than F91, his solution is to take a long, slow swing at them? 

3 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

My point was that the area damage means that F91 gets damaged, but the video showed that Omega could still move quick enough to tag flying opponents anyway. And I am still not convinced that F91 could harm Omega, who has shrugged off blasts by Megatron, arguably one of the heaviest damage output transformers. 

To draw comparison, a velociraptor may be quicker than Godzilla, but it would still get blasted by area damage and is unlikely to do any damage before it gets obliterated. 

That last comparison is just silly. It's closer to a raptor vs a T-rex, if the raptor also had a toxin that was capable of taking down the T-rex, but the T-rex had a small Aoe. The Gundam fighers are familiar with the concept of explosives, and the Gundam seems to be far, far faster, so popping in and out of the danger zone to land frequent hits would probably not be that hard

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That last comparison is just silly. It's closer to a raptor vs a T-rex, if the raptor also had a toxin that was capable of taking down the T-rex, but the T-rex had a small Aoe. The Gundam fighers are familiar with the concept of explosives, and the Gundam seems to be far, far faster, so popping in and out of the danger zone to land frequent hits would probably not be that hard

I did think of Trex, but a raptor averaged 2 meters to a TRexs 6, so 3 times as big. 

Wiki has F91s averaging 15 meters, to Omegas half a mile so he's over 54 times as big. 

Add to that millions of years of war experience fighting smaller opponents with speed and firepower comparable or superior to Gundam, and some insane durability. 

They are fast, so they could probably outrun a direct hit, but doubt they could avoid all the devastation and explosions that Omega could dish out. 

6 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I did think of Trex, but a raptor averaged 2 meters to a TRexs 6, so 3 times as big. 

Wiki has F91s averaging 15 meters, to Omegas half a mile so he's over 54 times as big. 

Add to that millions of years of war experience fighting smaller opponents with speed and firepower comparable or superior to Gundam, and some insane durability. 

They are fast, so they could probably outrun a direct hit, but doubt they could avoid all the devastation and explosions that Omega could dish out. 

I don't accept this, the Gundam is fast enough to dodge and intercept beam blasts and was built to be a robot agile enough to consistently dodge robots in a fight. "Area damage" isn't present in the clip you showed, just that he could swipe away some very slow-moving planes. The gundams are built to be able to maneuver around a chaotic warzone with explosions and a variety of enemies coming at them, so I think it's more than capable of popping around Omega Supreme. 

The Godzilla comparison isn't valid because of how much damage output the Gundam is capable of, The weakest attacks are able to level buildings and it gets up to city-level, but is able to dish that out repeatedly and rapidly. The VSBR it uses is capable of punching through most defenses in-universe. I think there's a better chance that the Gundam could hit-and-run Omega until he's out of commission, than Omega could hit him when he's designed to fool optics and radar with his speed, enough rapid, high-output attacks will put him out.

5 hours ago, Magnamax said:

I don't accept this, the Gundam is fast enough to dodge and intercept beam blasts and was built to be a robot agile enough to consistently dodge robots in a fight. "Area damage" isn't present in the clip you showed, just that he could swipe away some very slow-moving planes. The gundams are built to be able to maneuver around a chaotic warzone with explosions and a variety of enemies coming at them, so I think it's more than capable of popping around Omega Supreme. 

The Godzilla comparison isn't valid because of how much damage output the Gundam is capable of, The weakest attacks are able to level buildings and it gets up to city-level, but is able to dish that out repeatedly and rapidly. The VSBR it uses is capable of punching through most defenses in-universe. I think there's a better chance that the Gundam could hit-and-run Omega until he's out of commission, than Omega could hit him when he's designed to fool optics and radar with his speed, enough rapid, high-output attacks will put him out.

As well as showcasing some firepower, that same clip shows Omega taking fire from at least a dozen transformers, including Megatron who has the fire power to level a city block, and not even flinching. 

I have yet to see any evidence that put Gundams damage output is many times stronger than all of those of transformers together. 

Also note his bio: "Intensely durable, his armored hide is resistant to all energy beam and non-nuclear explosive attacks"

7 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

As well as showcasing some firepower, that same clip shows Omega taking fire from at least a dozen transformers, including Megatron who has the fire power to level a city block, and not even flinching. 

I have yet to see any evidence that put Gundams damage output is many times stronger than all of those of transformers together. 

Also note his bio: "Intensely durable, his armored hide is resistant to all energy beam and non-nuclear explosive attacks"

“Resistant” means only that, not that it’s impenetrable. The VSBR is capable of punching through two energy shields, which are designed to block the same kind of damage outputs you described. The cannon it uses is also for attacking warships and the like, so it has several rapid options for attacking enemies with strong armor. It also uses its beam sabers as a king of buzz saw that gets through just about any armor, so not hopeless if Omega gets close. 

here’s a video, around 1:00 shows it’s speed in dodging rapid beam blasts. 

It also confuses the main villain, watch this around 4:40

I think the speed to damage is just too much.