Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Evil Dead at Wikipedia
Official Site: Renaissance Pictures

Battle Terrain
Target: Van Helsing

I dont know a whole lot about the Vampire chronicles. I know Van has some experience with Vampires at this point. While the vampires he faced were very different from what I know of Lestat, he does have other experiences in fighting supernatural beings 

On the other hand, I can see Helsing putting up a fight against the Evil Dead. I mean Ash was able to face off the Evil Dead and there's really nothing that shows that he has the same skill level as Van Helsing.

This really could go either way in my opinion. I would like to see everyone else's take on the outcome

One big difference between the Vampires seen in the Van Helsing movie and the Vampires of the Anne Rice universe is speed. (And elegance, intelligence, refinement...)

Lestat moves faster than the human eye can see.  He seem to be teleporting to humans. 

Also, Telepathy.  Anne Rive Vampires can read minds.  Superhuman strength and endurance of course.

Van Helsing may be a Vampire Hunter but they don't scale up to Lestat's level in his world.

The Evil Dead have their tricks but I don't see Van Helsing having any more trouble with them than Ash does.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox said:

The Evil Dead have their tricks but I don't see Van Helsing having any more trouble with them than Ash does.

He may even have a better chance than Ash. If I remember, Ash was kind of an idiot and wasn't the greatest fighter. Van Helsing was a decent fight, crafty and had a nice assortment of weapons for his time periods

Van Helsing also seemed to have issues with his vampires and only was able to defeat Dracula after he was a werewolf. 

I think listing out Lestat's abilities, might be leaning more towards him

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Quick question: Is it Helsing from the movie, the book, or any version we want?

The photo is the Van Helsing movie starring Hugh Jackman.  Just to keep it consistent it seems like that is the version for the match.

See also the match with Hansel and Gretel as the target where it's pretty clear which version it is.

I'm interested to hear where you wanted to go with the discussion, though.

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

The photo is the Van Helsing movie starring Hugh Jackman.  Just to keep it consistent it seems like that is the version for the match.

See also the match with Hansel and Gretel as the target where it's pretty clear which version it is.

I'm interested to hear where you wanted to go with the discussion, though.

Oh I was just curious. Book Van Helsing would do even worse, and would probably lose to both, whereas I feel that movie Van Helsing would at least hold his own against the Evil Dead, but stands no chance against Lestat

Yeah, people put up good points. Ash seems to have no trouble dealing with the Evil Dead and Ash is crafty, but he's also moreso lucky than anything. Van Helsing has all of Ash's qualities that allow him to battle against the Evil Dead AND more, so he shouldn't have problems with them. Problem arises when you realize that Anne Rice Vampires are fast and they definitely use that speed in combat. If I recall correctly, everyone in Van Helsing moved slowly. They were agile, for sure, but not hard to perceive. Lestat should therefore have this.