Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

7:4 - Magneto vs. Vulcan(Gabriel Summers)

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 4

Magneto

Slot: The Team Anchor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Magneto at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Vulcan(Gabriel Summers)

Slot: The Team Anchor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Vulcan(Gabriel Summers) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Detroit Ruins

Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with this character, so I had to reach a bit and do my homework. Vulcan has seemingly very similar powers to Magneto himself, and I'm sure this would be a very interesting battle if it were written in a comic book. It may well have been in fact, but I couldn't find it if it was. As for the fight, Vulcan has a very slight edge in combat strength, as he's listed as Large Planet with powers, whereas Magneto is just planetary with both striking power and attack potency. However, Magneto has regularly been shown to be able to block attacks from people above his weight class, which is why I think their definition of his durability as planet-level is a real lowball. From our last discussion, the likes of Thor, Iron Man, Red Hulk, and even a swat from Galactus weren't able to break his shield on first hit, so I think Planet+ at least for his shield. Funnily enough, Magneto's biggest physical advantage is his reaction speed. Vulcan has a flight speed FTL, but he rarely scales to that high in terms of reaction/combat speed. Magneto has a slower movement speed to be sure, but his reaction speed is easily FTL, catching the likes of Quicksilver and, again, redirecting light-based energy attacks multiple times. Magneto is also very unafraid of using deadly force if need be, and has many means to do so.

For example, blood manipulation would be an easy way to win, although I doubt he would lead with it. This environment is actually perfect for him, as he can collapse buildings on his opponent, he can throw any amount of projectiles at them, he can use almost anything around them as a weapon, and he can control a lot of things at once, making it incredibly difficult for Vulcan to have time to think on his feet. While it might not seem like much, his shrapnel-based attacks seem to have high attack potency than just pieces of metal and rock. For example, he incapped and BFR'd Hercules with just rocks, even though Hercules is above his tier and should easily be able to break out. In short, this environment heavily favors Magneto, and I think gives him a very strong edge.

In terms of powers, they actually have very similar abilities in a lot of ways. They can both manipulate energy, they are frequently seen using lightning-based energy attacks, they have ways to affect the other's brains/bodies with their powers with blood manipulation/EMP pulses for Magneto and brain-energy manipulation for Vulcan. However, while Magneto has been shown to to able to manipulate similar energy to Vulcan, arguably to a lesser degree, Vulcan has no defense against Magneto's blood manipulation. Magneto could feasibly resist Vulcan's attacks because he frequently uses similar energy attacks, but Vulcan has no answer for Magneto's attacks outside of his energy manipulation, and that is where I think Magneto definitively pulls ahead. 

In short, their physicals are very even, with Vulcan having an advantage in terms of striking power and attack potency and Magneto having consistently faster reaction speeds and higher durability with his shield. They have similar powers, and would likely bounce energy projectiles and lightning bolts off each other for a while, but Magneto can control much more of the environment in this fight, which gives him a massive edge. Finally, while they each have ways to manipulate each other on an internal level, Vulcan does so in a way similar to Magneto's own power, so Magneto could potentially counter it, whereas Magneto does so in a way that Vulcan has no control over, meaning that once Magneto resorts to that, the fight is essentially over, and he has shown a propensity towards using blood manipulation many times in the past. Ultimately, I think Magneto takes this

Vulcan's answer lies in power suppression, power siphoning, durability, and of course energy manipulation.

Blood manipulation is not an easy win, as Vulcan can manipulate the same forces as Magneto and nullify that threat.

By manipulating the same energy that Magneto uses to create his shield, Vulcan can break through and overpower Magneto through superior strength.

The VS wiki states that he can override someone's mutagenic aura, so he can stop Magneto's energy manipulation and render him helpless.

And as shown in the battle against Black Bolt, Vulcan can come back quickly from attacks that are above tier 5. He takes a shot from Black Bolt's voice, then comes back quickly to strangle Black Bolt.

Magneto can't throw anything at Vulcan that Vulcan can't handle, and Vulcan can counter anything Magneto does and beat him.

Something to note, Vulcan has been taken out by and been shown to be alarmed by Magneto's daughter Polaris, who shares the same powerset. There's a respect of her power there on his part.

1831458-uncanny_x_men_486_14.jpg

4836356-x-men%20kingbreaker%2001%20(zone

Dw0xQowXQAEfVQt.jpg

26 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Vulcan's answer lies in power suppression, power siphoning, durability, and of course energy manipulation.

Blood manipulation is not an easy win, as Vulcan can manipulate the same forces as Magneto and nullify that threat.

By manipulating the same energy that Magneto uses to create his shield, Vulcan can break through and overpower Magneto through superior strength.

The VS wiki states that he can override someone's mutagenic aura, so he can stop Magneto's energy manipulation and render him helpless.

And as shown in the battle against Black Bolt, Vulcan can come back quickly from attacks that are above tier 5. He takes a shot from Black Bolt's voice, then comes back quickly to strangle Black Bolt.

Magneto can't throw anything at Vulcan that Vulcan can't handle, and Vulcan can counter anything Magneto does and beat him.

The VS Wiki does indeed state that, but it's not entirely true or is at least very misleading. As C.T. Showed, Polaris, who has Magneto's powers, scared Vulcan and was an even match for him. If what you say is true then he could have just switched off her Mutagenic aura, but he didn't because that power is limited. Again, Magneto also has many feats competing against people well above his weight-class, as opposed to Black Bolt being Vulcan's only significant combatant above the tier. Vulcan may control energy similar to how Magneto does, but I have never personally found a moment where he directly manipulates metal the way Magneto does. Vulcan's feats as far as I can tell are limited strictly to energy, and he never manifests that as actually affecting metal like Magneto does. Even if it's something he could do, and I'm not at all convinced it is, Magneto unquestionably has more experience and expertise in controlling it. And again, the Vs Battle Wiki lists Magneto as being faster, and he has far more light-speed manipulation feats than Vulcan does. In a fight where both combatants can scramble each other's brains, the person who has far faster feats is going to have a definitive edge. 

EDIT: Edited to note that Polaris has many times been shown to be a match for Vulcan, and Magneto has that powerset, but is generally considered to be more powerful and is definitely more experienced at using it

32 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Something to note, Vulcan has been taken out by and been shown to be alarmed by Magneto's daughter Polaris, who shares the same powerset. There's a respect of her power there on his part.

But it also means there's a significant familiarity of the powerset, which should give Vulcan an edge in dealing with whatever Magneto throws at him.

4 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

But it also means there's a significant familiarity of the powerset, which should give Vulcan an edge in dealing with whatever Magneto throws at him.

That is a good point. However, despite the fact that he has that familiarity, Polaris is still a match for him every time, and he still clearly fears her. Magneto is even more powerful and skilled than she is, and considering Polaris and Vulcan are already very evenly matched, I think that still gives Magneto a considerable edge

The only time they fought was in Earth-1610. They might not be on the same power levels, but they're kind-of the same characters, and Magneto wins that fight, so I'm inclined to go with that cause the writers assume that Magneto would win the tussle. I know it's a bad idea to take into consideration a fight that wasn't the main canon, but I don't think it'd go any different due to the amazing post that Peypeypeypey had time to write out.

• Like 1

In case there's anyone who hasn't voted yet, I'd like to reference those scans above.

The first one shows that yes, a very distracted Vulcan can be hurt. But Vulcan will only be fighting Magneto, the same trick won't work 1v1.

The second shows Vulcan walking through Polaris' attack and knocking her out with one punch. This is really the most important scan. If Vulcan gets one shot on Magneto that's it. Meanwhile, Vulcan has recovered from a direct hit from Black Bolt's voice. The win condition for Vulcan is a single hit, which is very doable.

1 minute ago, Bergy_Berg said:

In case there's anyone who hasn't voted yet, I'd like to reference those scans above.

The first one shows that yes, a very distracted Vulcan can be hurt. But Vulcan will only be fighting Magneto, the same trick won't work 1v1.

The second shows Vulcan walking through Polaris' attack and knocking her out with one punch. This is really the most important scan. If Vulcan gets one shot on Magneto that's it. Meanwhile, Vulcan has recovered from a direct hit from Black Bolt's voice. The win condition for Vulcan is a single hit, which is very doable.

The second shows an already subdued Polaris waking up briefly and Vulcan knocked her out again with a single punch, while walking through an attack which is ridiculous to imply is full power because she just woke up from a catatonic state, and she clearly doesn't even know where she is. To infer any kind of power differential between the two because of this is absurd, Polaris obviously didn't have a shield up, so it definitely wouldn't only take one punch to beat Magneto, and his durability to physical damage is probably irrelevant here, because most of Magneto's attacks on him will probably be internal attacks

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The second shows an already subdued Polaris waking up briefly and Vulcan knocked her out again with a single punch, while walking through an attack which is ridiculous to imply is full power because she just woke up from a catatonic state, and she clearly doesn't even know where she is. To infer any kind of power differential between the two because of this is absurd, Polaris obviously didn't have a shield up, so it definitely wouldn't only take one punch to beat Magneto, and his durability to physical damage is probably irrelevant here, because most of Magneto's attacks on him will probably be internal attacks

I'm not saying it's as easy to get through as it is in that scan, obviously that is not a full power Polaris. But I disagree that it wouldn't take one punch, as long as that punch connects with Magneto. Vulcan has gone toe to toe with Black Bolt, if he strikes Magneto's body that's it.

It's energy manipulator against energy manipulator, but one has much higher physical power and durability. Magneto's internal attacks and shields are vulnerable to being nullified.

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I'm not saying it's as easy to get through as it is in that scan, obviously that is not a full power Polaris. But I disagree that it wouldn't take one punch, as long as that punch connects with Magneto. Vulcan has gone toe to toe with Black Bolt, if he strikes Magneto's body that's it.

It's energy manipulator against energy manipulator, but one has much higher physical power and durability. Magneto's internal attacks and shields are vulnerable to being nullified.

I don't agree that it would be over in one hit even if his shield isn't up. Here he is getting hit by Namor, tanking a gigantic energy blast, tanking a mach 5 punch to the face, getting hit by Black Bolt, and tanking a Cyclops blast. He's obviously not a strong physical fighter, but he has tanked hits on the level of someone like Vulcan and been good enough to keep fighting before. And again, Magneto is definitely faster than Vulcan in terms of power activation and reaction speeds, so that wouldn't be an issue