Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 15750 Pai Chan vs. Lei-Fang

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XCV

s-l400.jpg.28de1bf9b1c2541f9e72d15070fbc4f6.jpg

Kokoro used a series of palm strikes to knock Ganryu against the wall of Helena Douglas’s office (REF: KOKORO VS. GANRYU), she followed it up by utilizing a couple of knee strikes to keep the pressure on, first with her left knee and then her right. Ganryu flailed about and desperately tried to fight back with a palm strike of his own. Kokoro grabbed his palm with her right hand and then spun around and struck Ganryu’s jaw with her left elbow. The sumo wrestler fell helplessly on his butt.

“I yield,” he cried.

Before Kokoro could interrogate Ganryu, Helena entered the luxury office.

“What is going on here?” Helena demanded.

“I caught him trying to record information in your office,” Kokoro answered.

“Is this true?” Helena walked over to where Ganryu was sitting. “What were you hoping to find?”

Ganryu shook his head and did not answer.

“What a shame. I wanted to believe you that you had turned your life around,” said Helena.

“Once a criminal always a criminal,” added Kokoro.

“No, that’s not true.” Ganryu retorted. “Everything I did, I did for her.” Ganryu presented a picture of Julia Chang to Kokoro and Helena.

The two women both looked skeptical of this declaration.

“It’s true,” Ganryu insisted. “Look.” Ganryu quickly scrolled through his phone and displayed Julia’s Go Fund Me for Reforestation.

Helena took the phone from Ganryu’s hands and looked it over. “So you are saying that your entire motivation is to simply to get this girl’s goal funded?”

Ganryu stammered. “Uh yes.”

“So if I were to agree to make a sizable donation to this Reforestation campaign, one bigger than Donovan’s, you would work for me instead and give me any information you have on the Victor Donovan Kazuya Mishima partnership?” Helena asked.

Ganryu stammered again. “Umm.. yeah.”

“Done,” Helena quickly replied. “I will even make an early donation as a show of good faith. It is a worthy cause.”

“Thank you, Julia will be so happy,” Ganryu remarked.

“Now, what information do you have for us?” Kokoro inquired. “What were you doing in here when I came in?”

“Mr. Donovan first asked for my help in recruiting, he wanted to build a strong team for Kazuya to use in his inevitable battle against the Mishima Zaibatsu and Shadoloo,” Ganryu explained. “I tried to convince a fellow sumo wrestler that I knew (REF: GANRYU VS. TAKA ARASHI), but I was unsuccessful. Before I could try to persuade someone else I was called back in. That was when I was assigned to come here and report on what you knew. Mr. Donovan’s relationship with Kazuya is strained right now, (REF: HONOKA VS. HINAKO SHIJOU) and he was worried it would only get worse with interference from you.”

“A strained relationship?” Helena repeated. “We may be able to take advantage of that.”

Ganryu slowly rose to his feet. Kokoro eyed him carefully to make sure he would not try anything nefarious.

“Is the fashion designer, Shermie, also aligned with Victor Donovan?” Helena asked.

“I don’t know that name. But, she may be, I was never in the inner circle,” Ganryu admitted. “The only one I saw Mr. Donovan talk with was a woman with short silver hair.” (REF: STEVE FOX VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI)

Helena clinched her fist. “Christie.” Helena decided to use this new information against Shermie to see if she could get the treacherous French fighter to talk. (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE)

Helena turned to her half sister, Kokoro. “See what other useful tidbits we can get from him. Also, let us try again to track Miss Chang down. (ANGEL (KOF) VS. JULIA CHANG) If she is so motivated to save the forests, surely she would be interested in saving the world from the evil threat that looms over us now.”

Kokoro nodded.

“I am going to go back to the holding cells and try again to reason with Shermie,” Helena declared. “I doubt that Ganryu is the only one Victor has sent against us. I want to believe that everyone that we have brought here has good intentions, but it has been proven twice now that that isn’t necessarily the case. I know that she knows more than she is sharing. ”

Helena Douglas exited the offices and walked with purpose toward the DOATEC holding cells. She was stopped along the way by an eager El Fuerte.

“Hola senorita. It is lovely to see you again. I have a suggestion if you will permit me,” he stated. (REF: ELIOT VS. JOSIE RIZAL)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

paichanleifang.thumb.jpg.037509f4b8c8f69e44be6d6562eb2c24.jpg

Jann Lee, Hitomi, and Leifang entered the dining hall together. The three Dead or Alive participants had been summoned there with a promise of a great feast thrown together by World Warrior tournament alum, El Fuerte. (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE)

“This whole thing is unnecessary,” Jan Lee remarked.

“Speak for yourself,” Hitomi corrected. “I, for one, am looking forward to a good meal and a chance to bond with our new allies.”

Leifang nudged Jann Lee. “She is right, I know how much you love to fight, and I do too. There is going to be plenty of time for that soon, I’m sure. After my last fight, though (REF: LEIFANG VS, LI XIANGFEI), I  could go for some delicious food and relaxation before the action ramps up again.”

“A strange sentiment coming from someone who claims that they want to be the best as you do,” Jann retorted.

Leifang’s face fell after the rebuke from her fighting idol.

“Leifang!”

Joy returned to Leifang’s face as she noticed World Fighting tournament participant and one time Dead or Alive tournament guest, Pai Chan, walking toward her.

“It is so nice to see you again,” stated Pai Chan.

Leifang hugged the Chinese movie star. “It is so good to see you too. I didn't know you would be here.”

“I was recruited by a couple of well meaning knuckleheads,” said Pai Chan. (REF: LING XIAYU VS. PAI CHAN) “They promised me a chance to meet Chun-Li.” (REF: GEN VS. GEN FU)

Hitomi motioned with her head toward two men that were approaching the group. “Are those the well meaning knuckleheads?”

Pai Chan turned her head and smiled as King of the Iron Fist fighters, Paul Phoenix and Marshall Law, sauntered up. “That is them.”

Paul and Law introduced themselves to the Dead or Alive fighters and all six warriors agreed to sit together for their meal.

After El Fuerte’s speech, the fighters exchanged stories from their various fighting tournaments as they finished each course. 

When the meal was done, Paul left with Hitomi so that she could pay her respects to the chef. The remaining four wandered through the hallways outside the dining hall. Marshall Law and Jann Lee walked in front of the two women discussing the best defensive techniques. Behind them, Leifang looked over her friend with some concern.

“Are you sure you are doing ok?” Leifang asked. “Maybe it was something you ate.”

Pai Chan held her chest for a moment. “It’s nothing. I am fine.” Pai Chan began taking heavy breaths.

“If you say so. But just know, there are plenty of fighters here. You don’t have to push yourself when the time comes if you are not feeling up to it,” Leifang reassured.

Pai Chan took umbrage with this. “Are you implying that I am weaker than the other fighters here?”

“No, not at all. I am just concerned because you don’t appear well.”

It was too late. A deep seeded resentment inside Pai Chan had been inadvertently unlocked.

“I know the fighting tournament that I usually fight in is looked down upon. It does not get the same respect as the others, but that doesn’t mean its participants are somehow less than,” she stated.

“I know, I would never imply that,” Leifang insisted.

“I am a world famous movie star, but still I do not get the respect of a real fighter that I deserve, It is the reason why I worked so hard to get invited into your fifth Dead or Alive tournament,” Pai Chan explained.

“I had no idea,” Leifang said softly.

“I even subjected myself to those ridiculous swimsuit battles that you girls love doing. And for what? I believe that I proved myself more than equal, and yet I wasn’t invited back to the sixth tournament to better show off my skills for the world to see. Why?”

“You would have to ask Helena….”

Pai Chan’s anger grew. “Is it because I won’t shamelessly flaunt my boobs like you all do?”

Leifang was hurt by this accusation.

“Or is it because a certain someone was threatened by the presence of a real kung fu master?” 

Leifang interrupted. “Now wait just a minute,”

Pai Chan narrowed her eyes. “Admit it. You know that I am better at kung fu than you. I just don’t get the recognition because I don’t fill out my bikini.”

Leifang was in shock from Pai Chan’s swift change in demeanor. She looked around for Jann Lee to back her up, but noticed that both he and Marshall Law were now gone. When she looked back at Pai Chan, her former friend’s eyes now had a distinct orange tint.  (REF: ARMOR KING VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD

“Pai Chan?”

“You are the real inferior fighter from an inferior tournament, and I will prove it now!” Pai Chan declared. She moved her hands in a position to fight.

“This isn’t the place. I think something has happened to you. Your eyes…. I think we need to find Helena,” said Leifang.

“If you are scared don’t push yourself,” Pai Chan remarked bitterly. “I am sure there are plenty of other more worthy fighters I could challenge.”

Leifang stepped into her fighting stance. “How dare you try to throw my genuine words of concern back at me.”