Slot: The Team Evil Genius
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Thirteenth Doctor at Wikipedia
Official Site: BBC

Battle Terrain
Genius Challenge: Who wins the battle using only Zoology skills

For some reason I had thought that Megamind was the one behind Minion being a talking fish, but after rewatching the beginning I saw that the fish was there with him from the start so he's not that good when it comes to introducing abilities to a species that should by all accounts and purposes not have them. The Doctor, on the other hand, I FEEL would have a greater understanding of zoology solely judging by what they represent in their specific series, but I don't really have the feats to prove it. I'll withhold my vote for now, but I'm certain that the Doctor wins this solely due to a gut feeling.

• Like 1

ZOOLOGY? Are you kidding me? Against the DOCTOR of all people?

My best argument would be that the Doctor doesn't seem like a great zoologist most of the time. Much more of an anthropologist than a zoologist. Even then, that's grasping at straws. Megamind doesn't have any real feats in this category as far as I remember. 

• Like 1

Sorry to double post, but I would like some clarification as to how one wins via "zoology." Megamind has shown an intense understanding of alien DNA and can recreate the powers of an alien lifeform from just a single hair. He also often uses animals in his schemes, such as crocdiles and spiders. If he's allowed to, he might be able to use that ability to augment an existing animal with the characteristics of another, thus giving him a clear way to win. The Doctor, on the other hand, has a lot of knowledge about way more alien species, but I'm honestly not sure how she can use that to get a win in any real way. She's clever, but she's not what I would call a scientist. If they're given time to construct things, neither would be within their comfort zone, but Megamind unquestionably has better feats with gene-splicing going off his recreation of Metro-Man's powers. He's also just a stronger builder in general in my opinion. The Doctor is more like an intergalactic Sherlock Holmes, but she's not really equipped to design or build a monster or animal that can defeat the other, nor does she have any feats to imply that it's something she could do. Megamind at least does have experience with experimentations regarding genetics. So while the Doctor has more objective knowledge, I have no real idea as to how she would possibly use that to win here. I guess the gene splicing is more like biology rather than zoology, but I have no idea what a win by "zoology" would look like. Zoology is a science concerning the behavior of animals, so I have literally no idea how that's supposed to be weaponized, but in any conceivable way that it could be, I would be almost certain that Megamind would be able to tinker with it better than the Doctor

8 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Wait, how? How can she lose? She's the Doctor. 

Yeah, honestly I'm totally shocked too. I thought my argument was okay, but without really understanding the category and what the exact limits are, I thought The Doc had this in the bag

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Yeah, honestly I'm totally shocked too. I thought my argument was okay, but without really understanding the category and what the exact limits are, I thought The Doc had this in the bag

My point exactly. She's a thousand year old alien with more knowledge. Possibly a million given The Timeless Child stuff.