Slot: The Team's Holiday Special
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Frosty The Snowman at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner/Chappell Music

Battle Terrain
HOLIDAY CHALLENGE: Decorating

Alright, every pick gets a turn in this round, and the Jolly Warriors' star player is up. I'm warning you now, Johnny: your best chance here is if you can debate on your picks on day one. ;)

While Frosty is a lot of fun to be around and has some control over the snow, he's never been known (to my knowledge) to be particularly creative. Meanwhile, Santa has years (maybe millennia) of experience of seeing a myriad of decorations in all of the houses he's visited to deliver his gifts. He's likely also at least had a hand in decorating his own castle at the North Pole every Christmas season.

I have never seen in any media or story. Santa decorating things himself. It is always the elves or Mrs. Claus. Santa's job is publicity at your local mall and then distribution, that is it. His skills lie in public relations and efficient delivery service, not creative expression.

Frosty does have some snow powers which he loves to show off to bring joy to the children around him. He knows cool holiday decor will bring lots of joy to the children, and will act accordingly.

6 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

I have never seen in any media or story. Santa decorating things himself. It is always the elves or Mrs. Claus. Santa's job is publicity at your local mall and then distribution, that is it. His skills lie in public relations and efficient delivery service, not creative expression.

If we were just talking about mall Santas, I might agree. Thing is, we're mainly referencing the legendary St. Nick himself, who can use magic to fit himself, others, and gifts up and down any chimney, etc. and do so within an untold number of houses across the cosmos in one night.

For example, he's managed to deliver a lump a coal to Darkseid on Apokolips every year, of which there are "two" documented occasions. :P

Perhaps more importantly, Santa also has a number of magical artifacts that he can use to transform any person, thing, or setting. No doubt he could use at least one of them to spruce up the place with holiday decor (which again, with his experience, shouldn't be that hard for him to imagine).

6 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Frosty does have some snow powers which he loves to show off to bring joy to the children around him. He knows cool holiday decor will bring lots of joy to the children, and will act accordingly.

Thing is, we haven't really seen Frosty do that much with snow other than move around parts of his own body or belly whop across snowy landscapes. We haven't really seen him do much of anything regarding decor, either.

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

If we were just talking about mall Santas, I might agree. Thing is, we're mainly referencing the legendary St. Nick himself, who can use magic to fit himself, others, and gifts up and down any chimney, etc. and do so within an untold number of houses across the cosmos in one night.

For example, he's managed to deliver a lump a coal to Darkseid on Apokolips every year, of which there are "two" documented occasions. 😛

Perhaps more importantly, Santa also has a number of magical artifacts that he can use to transform any person, thing, or setting. No doubt he could use at least one of them to spruce up the place with holiday decor (which again, with his experience, shouldn't be that hard for him to imagine).

Those are both amazing feats of delivery, but not decor. I'm not aware of these artifacts that you are referencing, what are they?

And yeah, I'm projecting with Frosty because neither of these gentlemen have "decorating feats" that I am aware of lol

2 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

I'm not aware of these artifacts that you are referencing, what are they?

Well, there's the sack Santa carries with him on Christmas Eve, which Marvel Comics has stated is a tesseract portal from which he can pull out any gift he needs to deliver (which, in this case, can be any fancy decor he needs to deliver and add to the area in question). There's also his hat, which in The Librarians is a key source of his magical power.

21 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Well, there's the sack Santa carries with him on Christmas Eve, which Marvel Comics has stated is a tesseract portal from which he can pull out any gift he needs to deliver (which, in this case, can be any fancy decor he needs to deliver and add to the area in question). There's also his hat, which in The Librarians is a key source of his magical power.

I must compliment you on the wide array of Santa mythos you are pulling from.