Slot: The Team's New Toy
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Geno at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nintendo

Battle Terrain
Living Toys: best for a feminine child

Neither of these characters looks like a strong fit for this challenge. 

And I'm taking Emmet as-is, not as a stand in for all legos in general.   If I was a girl child playing with legos, then there would be legos for me that do not necessarily include Emmet.

I'm going to have to wait for arguments on this one before casting a vote.

Emmet could lead an everything is awesome sing-along and drink overpriced coffee drinks (and Starbucks does have very child friendly drinks.) He also designs and builds a super nice dream house in the second movie.

The little Lego dude ultimately gets along really well with girly types: Hell, isn't that the point of the second Lego movie?

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

The little Lego dude ultimately gets along really well with girly types: Hell, isn't that the point of the second Lego movie?

I never saw the second Lego movie.  If that is true then... second look at Emmet, I guess.

I'll still hold off on voting in the match to see if Z has something compelling to offer about his boy Geno, tho.

So, from the outset neither of these two seem all that girly in either appearance or general perspective.

The differences between them is pretty evident however in their personalities among other things.

Emmet is far more energetic, optimistic, and joyful in how he acts and treats people, but he seems to lack self-confidence and gets scared rather easily.

Geno on the other hand, is much more somber in his attitude, akin to that of a sage, offering advice to others in areas that may not think of at the time, he isn't nearly as upbeat as Emmet, but he does possess more of a confident attitude in how he acts and operates.

Emmet is a Master Builder and free spirit, able to build anything he either likes or needs without instructions in a world that revolves around instructions.

Geno is/was a part of the Star Road, a place where wishes are sent out to be granted from, presumably everywhere in the Mario-verse, as such he is sort of bound to the Road's affairs, but in being so, he should likely be somewhat understanding of the different types of wishes people might ask for from the various residents of the Kingdom and elsewhere in Mario's world, little girls being likely no exception.

That being said, Geno has some advantages given what was stated, and in some other ways, notably he is/was a part of Star Road, so while passive he likely has at least some idea about things that girls like and would certainly try his best to bring more feminine things to them and participate in more feminine activities with them, than Emmet might at least initially.

Why do I say that?

Not because Emmet can't appeal to a girl or feminine type boy, but rather because some individuals might not always be creative or want to be creative, so bringing a blank slate won't help them, and while Emmet can certainly produce anything that anyone wants, his connection with young girls would still be limited in some ways, which in my opinion would make it harder for him to determine what to bring and/or what activities they might like to do.

Additionally, while it's probably not as in depth, Geno also spent quite some time with Princess Peach during their adventures, who is quite feminine in both appearance and interests, perhaps even the most feminine and girly girl of the Mario-verse, but that's probably debatable, and while it's not stated, it can be probably be said that learned quite a bit about her interests and behaviors over that time, what she likes, what she acts like, what she's into, what her dreams are, etc.

Finally, Geno's nature in being a doll might play a role here, although this is a bit of a stretch, as Geno doesn't necessarily look like any doll from our world, but I digress, as Geno's form might allow him to bond with a girl more easily than Emmet would as he looks slightly more human and more relatable in a perspective to a child, a girly child specifically, which might be something they can bond with more easily.

Emmet in appearance looks very human, but lacks a nose and ears, has plastic hair, and bead eyes, which would appeal to some, but not to others, as many girls tend to like dolls and Barbies due to their human or human looking appearances, as people age the opposite effect would probably become true.

Honestly though, both are great "toys" and individuals in their own rights, and I could see the appeal either way, but I see Geno appealing to children in the same way Chucky would, if he were an actual Good Guy doll with the additional heroic traits, which would appeal to many children, even girly children who want not just a friend, but a companion in their dress and tea parties, of which Geno could just as easily participate and do so well, even as passive as he is.