Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

6:3 - Pillsbury Doughboy vs. Remy (Ratatouille)

UMPIRE

SEASON 6, ROUND 3

Pillsbury Doughboy

Slot: Preparing the Team's Holiday Feast
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Pillsbury Doughboy at Wikipedia
Official Site: Pillsbury

Remy (Ratatouille)

Slot: Preparing the Team's Holiday Feast
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Remy (Ratatouille) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Cooking Challenge: Beef Wellington

So, you are trying to cook beef tenderloin so that it is tender, tasty and done, but not over-done inside a pastry crust which should be crisp, not soggy while the tenderloin inside is resting on a bed of chopped, sauteed mushrooms called a duxelle. It is a tricky and showy dish.

Well, the Pillsbury Doughboy probably has a better crust preparation.  In fact, Pillsbury has a recipe for this on their site.  Even though it is rated 4 stars by reviewers, it's probably not the end-all be-all of Beef Wellington's.

While I've never been a fan of Ratatouille (because rats and food just don't mix, IMO), Remy might have the superior cooking skills for the whole package, even if the crust isn't quite as good.

Tough one, honestly. 

2 hours ago, Fox said:

So, you are trying to cook beef tenderloin so that it is tender, tasty and done, but not over-done inside a pastry crust which should be crisp, not soggy while the tenderloin inside is resting on a bed of chopped, sauteed mushrooms called a duxelle. It is a tricky and showy dish.

Well, the Pillsbury Doughboy probably has a better crust preparation.  In fact, Pillsbury has a recipe for this on their site.  Even though it is rated 4 stars by reviewers, it's probably not the end-all be-all of Beef Wellington's.

While I've never been a fan of Ratatouille (because rats and food just don't mix, IMO), Remy might have the superior cooking skills for the whole package, even if the crust isn't quite as good.

Tough one, honestly. 

You know, I think you're right about Pillsbury Doughboy's chances. Remy cooks in a Parisian Restaurant, which means he deals more with French cuisine than he does with English cuisine.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

Heh, I was prepping to start posting Pillsbury recipes. :D

Let's not also forget this one, or this fine dish.

With 55 years at the job, the Doughboy likely also has cooking experience over Remy.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

He has decent recipes, but have we ever seen him cook them? He is sketch to me.

Heh.

We see him describe the recipes and he's always there to pull the finished dishes out of the oven, etc. Every now and then, he even shows his work.

Remy is "nothing less than the finest chef in France." 

Canon. Lol.

But a chef can't just cook one type of cuisine. And he wasn't trained in just French food. What Remy has is a natural talent --insane senses of smell and taste. And THAT is what makes him so good at what he does. He can see the flavors and pair them to bring out their best.

And while Pillsbury makes some banging biscuits for breakfast, Remy has concocted dishes worthy of fine dining. 

24 minutes ago, Versam said:

And while Pillsbury makes some banging biscuits for breakfast, Remy has concocted dishes worthy of fine dining.

Ah, my rival from the fourth Draft has returned. :D 

The Doughboy does more than biscuits, though. The three Beef Wellington dishes that have been pointed out are just the tip of the iceberg.

Hearing about Remy does make me want to see Ratatouille, though.

Beef Wellington, while British itself, is likely based on Filet De Boeuf En Croute, a French dish that translates as "fillet of beef in pastry." It's basically the same exact dish, and seeing as this freaking rat is an amazing French chef I think the furry little guy has this.

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Beef Wellington, while British itself, is likely based on Filet De Boeuf En Croute, a French dish that translates as "fillet of beef in pastry." It's basically the same exact dish, and seeing as this freaking rat is an amazing French chef I think the furry little guy has this.

There's actually uncertainty to Beef Wellington's origins

Also, while's it possible that Remy would know how to make the dish (and seems to definitely have the skills to do so), the Doughboy has several confirmed recipes for it.