Slot: The Team's Disney Fairy Tale Villain
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Shan Yu at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Disney Villains: Capture the Smurfs

Hades would definitely be able to have this in the bag. Shan Yu might be able to do this as well, but Hades would do it a lot faster and he'd know how to deal with supernatural creatures a lot faster than Shan Yu would. Smurfs, if I recall correctly, live behind an illusionary wall that hides their entire village. Hades should have in my mind therefore be able to find them faster than Shan Yu.

39 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Hades would definitely be able to have this in the bag. Shan Yu might be able to do this as well, but Hades would do it a lot faster and he'd know how to deal with supernatural creatures a lot faster than Shan Yu would. Smurfs, if I recall correctly, live behind an illusionary wall that hides their entire village. Hades should have in my mind therefore be able to find them faster than Shan Yu.

I agree. This seems much more up Hades alley. Shan Yu wouldn't be able to find them.

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Shan Yu action figures come with Hayabusa the Falcon, something which levels the playing field slightly.

Hayabusa would likely do even better than Azrael tends at finding Smurfs due to being a bird of prey.

Hades' knowledge of supernatural creatures is superior to that of Shan Yu's, that being said, if we are going on random encounter rules, I think their knowledge levels would be leveled off a little bit.

Now, Shan Yu is no ordinary man in terms of tracking or finding people, as he was able to deduce that the Imperial Army was waiting for him, just by examining the residual traces of their presence on a doll he received from his falcon.

Without prior knowledge, this gives him a slight edge over Hades, as his tracking skills will go miles over Hades lack thereof.

Added to that Shan Yu, is quite capable of stealth against potentially hostile opponents, as he utilized it twice against the Imperial Army and Mulan towards the films conclusion.

Hades, is as well, but I don't think he'll have quite the patience to be stealthy against his opponents, unless there is a real good reason in his "plans" to do so.

Which brings me to my final point, Hades is incredibly vain, pragmatic at times, but still incredibly vain, and if something doesn't necessarily mesh into his plans for conquering Mt. Olympus, he is unlikely to invest much if any time into it.

Capturing the Smurfs and holding them, is something he could do, but not something I'd think he would be interested in doing, even if he had prior knowledge of them.

Shan Yu as well, would likely be initially hesitant at going after tiny blue creatures, as both he and Hades aren't obsessed with them like Gargamel is, however I can see Shan Yu going after them a little more than I can see Hades doing so.

14 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Shan Yu action figures come with Hayabusa the Falcon, something which levels the playing field slightly.

Hayabusa would likely do even better than Azrael tends at finding Smurfs due to being a bird of prey.

Hades' knowledge of supernatural creatures is superior to that of Shan Yu's, that being said, if we are going on random encounter rules, I think their knowledge levels would be leveled off a little bit.

Now, Shan Yu is no ordinary man in terms of tracking or finding people, as he was able to deduce that the Imperial Army was waiting for him, just by examining the residual traces of their presence on a doll he received from his falcon.

Without prior knowledge, this gives him a slight edge over Hades, as his tracking skills will go miles over Hades lack thereof.

Added to that Shan Yu, is quite capable of stealth against potentially hostile opponents, as he utilized it twice against the Imperial Army and Mulan towards the films conclusion.

Hades, is as well, but I don't think he'll have quite the patience to be stealthy against his opponents, unless there is a real good reason in his "plans" to do so.

Which brings me to my final point, Hades is incredibly vain, pragmatic at times, but still incredibly vain, and if something doesn't necessarily mesh into his plans for conquering Mt. Olympus, he is unlikely to invest much if any time into it.

Capturing the Smurfs and holding them, is something he could do, but not something I'd think he would be interested in doing, even if he had prior knowledge of them.

Shan Yu as well, would likely be initially hesitant at going after tiny blue creatures, as both he and Hades aren't obsessed with them like Gargamel is, however I can see Shan Yu going after them a little more than I can see Hades doing so.

Okay dude but tracking skills and a bird are no competition to being a magical god in terms of getting past illusions. That and as said, Hades would definitely get the job done much quicker.