Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 15375 The Phantasm vs. Harley Quinn

Boratz

Sins of the Father

Memories can be a curse for many that you can never escape. The smallest trinkets to the oddest smells can result in a raging sea of emotions crashing through one's mind. There are many that seek to repress their memories and others that try to escape them. Even attempting to escape, the mind has a way to bring back the best and worst of time in one's mind. One of these individuals is a young woman by the name of Andrea Beaumont. The heartache of what was and could have been continued to haunt her after leaving behind the man that she had fallen in love with. After escaping what could only be perceived as certain death with her father, Andrea gave up on a life with Bruce Wayne. 

After leaving behind the man that she loved; the hardest thing, the most painful memory was writing the letter to Bruce. He had asked her to marry him and through love, she accepted. Fate had different plans as the joyous memories of Bruce became that of hurt. She had to leave him behind to hide with her father. Haunted by the memories of her mother's death and the life that she would never have with Bruce; Andrea took solace in the fact that her father was changing for the better. She had seen a changed man in her father. 

For so long, Carl Beaumont had done wrong by many. In Gotham, he had worked for a multitude of crime families and eventually found a way to do them wrong as well. After these families discovered what Carl had been doing, he disappeared with his daughter. He paid them all back in full, but that did not matter to these families. These families had a code that should never be broken. These families hold onto memories; especially when they are wronged... They never forget... "Eye for an eye..."

As it was said, Carl was a changed man. For so long, he had wrong so many. He saw the way that his daughter looked at him when she discovered all that he had done. The path to redemption was hard as he realized that all he had was her. His daughter the only thing that he had left in this world that he truly cared about. In his attempts at redemption, he made an enemy that retaliated in a way that Carl would come to regret. Some memories are not easily forgotten...

Walking up the steps to their villa, Andrea reached out to open the door when someone had already opened it from the other side. She gasped at the sight of the man. In fear, she pleaded saying that he paid them, but the man just walked past her without a word. She had groceries in her hand that she had dropped onto the steps and ran in to see her father's lifeless body. Memories can be a curse...

Many years have come and gone since that day, but for Andrea the memories made it a constant living nightmare... For Andrea, vengeance was all that she had left...

Mad Love

"Crazy how love works isn't it? One moment I am just being the bestes goodest doctor for all those patients in Arkham and the next next moment, darnest thing happens! I met the most wonderfullest dreamiest man alive! MISTER J! Oh how excited it makes me to think of Mister J! Enough to make a gal get all those tingling feelings in her! Crazy to think that I was Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, Ph.D. and spent so much time with boring ol' patients at Archambault! And when I say boring, that Two-Face Dent bozo guy almost put me to sleep during a session or two! Cobblepot smelt like old fish and really... who the hell wears a monocle? All that Mister Freeze guy ever really talked about what is wife in an ice cube and don't get me started on Zsasz, what a schmuck? Now Ivy... Yeah I could see us becoming the bestes good friends one day, she just don't see it yet... Then came the dreamiest man, Mister J! Ohhhh, excuse me for a moment! He just lights a fire in some lady parts of mine!"

Standing there in complete bewilderment was a Belle Reve guard that did not have any clue as to what this woman was talking about. "Wha... wha... what are you talking about?" The young guard asked as he stumbled to find the right words and rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh sorry, sugar! I am Harley Quinn... don't you go gettin' any ideas! I am taken!" Harley responded with a smile that when from ear to ear. "You look new around here, so I thought I'd give you a little 411 about this prison’s most purtiest gal! Me!" 

The young guards’ eyes open wide as he went completely silent. As he tried to find the right words to say or even what to do next, a loud voice broke the uncomfortable silence.

"Hey Weemes! Leave that crazy bitch alone and go back to patrolling the cells!" Senior Security officer Griggs yelled as he approached the young guard.

"Yes sir!" The young guard responded as he quickly disappeared into the connecting cell block.

"Oh Griggsy boy! You take away all the fun!" Harley said with a pouting look on her face.

Griggs licked his lips and gazed upon Harley with a perverted look in his eyes. "Oh what I'd to you but you are crazy as hell!" Griggs said as he continued to gaze at Harley.

"Hahaha oh Griggsy! You are so silly! That is why I am going to kill you first when I break out!" Harley said as she giggled. 

"What?" Griggs asked as his eyes widened. 

As Griggs was about to shock Harley with a taser, red lights started to flash throughout Belle Reve. Alarms echoed all over the prison. Griggs looked in all directions as Harley just stood there laughing. "What did you do?" Griggs asked he looked at Harley then back in every which direction. Several guards raised to keep the inmates under control while also trying to find out what was taking place. The sound of all the prison cells overcame the alarms! All the prisons raced out of their prisons and started attacking the guards.

Griggs watched as a group of inmates stood before him. He had his taser ready to attack but it did not matter. Harley snuck up behind the senior guard and stuck a shiv into the back of his neck. Griggs fell to his knees as Harley danced around him. "See Griggsy boy! I told ya that I'd kill you first!" Harley yelled with glee as she kicked his face into the ground. She started skipping past several inmates. In Harley's mind, the alarms were chappel bells as this was her love coming to rescue her.

Multiple guards attempted to subdue the former Arkham doctor but Harley had knocked each one of them out in the ensuing chaos. As she made her way past cell blocks, she found that young guard that she had spoken with earlier. "Ohhhhh what do we have here?" Harley yelled as she hopped over to the young guard. 

"Please! Please!" The young guard pleaded as he fell to his knees.

Harley stood face to face with him and quietly glared into his eyes. "Ohhhhh alright!" She said as she tased the guard in the face and knocked him unconscious. "But next time is gonna cost ya!" She screamed over him.

Then the beautiful sound of an explosion caused Harley to stop in her tracks as she saw one of the walls create an opening! "Oh my handsomest knight in purple armor!" Harley screamed! The Joker came over and shot down a couple inmates that were running toward Harley. 

"Hey ya, Harley! What'd say we blow this cake stand!" Joker said as he started hysterically.

Harley ran to the Joker's arms and they hugged each other tight! They both walked out of the prison, as Joker's man started setting explosives all throughout the prison. One after the other, explosives were set off as several inmates into the dead of night. Joker had plans with Harley as he set his sights on Gotham City!

Crazy how love works! Sometimes love can even be mad!

Your Angel of Death Awaits

The memories of her father haunted Andrea. On the day that he met his Angel of Death, vengeance had wrapped his cold grip around Andrea. She found the names of the families and empires that her father once served, that her father had once betrayed. She trained for vengeance; her life and purpose became a dedication to his path of revenge. Her memories of the man that murdered her father, haunted her every day and so she trained to become an Angel of Death. She trained to become the Phantasm.

For years, she developed skills that few could ever possess and developed an idea that would become a curse to those that were on her list. Since that fateful day; that day that Carl had met his Angel of Death, the crime families had scattered. While most stayed within Gotham City, few had established their empires elsewhere. One by one, the Phantasm took her vengeance upon those that she deemed responsible for the death of her father.

Her quest for vengeance led her back to Gotham but fate soon intervened. Love of memories past had come before her in the form of Bruce Wayne. She did not plan for this as Bruce had also changed since the day that she had left him behind so many years ago. Bruce had also transformed into a creature of the night. He was no longer just the billionaire orphan but now he was the Dark Knight.  Haunted by her memories of Bruce, she faced the Gotham Knight in her quest for bloody vengeance which led to the man that killed her father.

Over time, Andrea transformed into the Phantasm and Bruce transformed into the Batman. This man that went by many names in the past; most notably Jack Napier, now goes by the Clown Prince of Crime. The Clown Prince, the Joker has become an evil that has become a nightmare for many since the death of Andrea's father. Many have suffered in their memories of the Joker. Batman had faced him on more than one occasion, but he never truly put an end to Joker's terror.

Andrea's attempts at revenge on the Joker proved to be a failure. Andrea was close to putting an end to the Clown Prince. The demented clown was ready for her and with the interference of the Batman, everything came to Joker's amusement park going up in flames. The Phantasm took the laughing Joker away into a cloud of smoke.

Before she could end the Joker's reign of terror, he escaped. He was later apprehended by Gotham PD and locked away in the deepest pits of Arkham Asylum. With all her training and preparation, Andrea had failed in her attempt for vengeance against the Joker. On an ocean liner, Andrea gazed at Gotham as it disappeared in the distance. The memories of lost love and no family once again haunted the Phantasm. "Who am I without vengeance?" She thought to herself. She glanced back up at the dwindle view of Gotham City. "Your Angel of Death awaits, Joker!" Andrea said to herself as she prepared for yet another quest for vengeance.

Broken Hearts

"Harley Harley Harley! How are you my dear?!" Joker said gleefully as he smiled at Harley.

"Oh puddin' how I've missed you!" Harley responded as she grabbed onto the Joker.

"I've missed you to, Harley! And to show you how much that I've missed you, I want you to plan our next big joke on Gotham!" Joker exclaimed as he threw out his arms.

"Really, Mister J? You want me to plan it?!" Harley asked as she looked upon the Joker.

"OF COURSE I DO!" Joker replied as he held her shoulders. 

"Okie dokie!" Harley yelled out as she ran away in solitude to plan out what she wanted to unleash upon Gotham.

Joker stood laughing to himself as he was approached by one of his most trusted lieutenants, Bob. Bob stood before his friend and ally. The Joker looked upon him and let out a laugh. 

"You sure about this, boss?" Bob asked as he glanced over to make sure Harley was nowhere to be seen.

"Bob... you are my number one guy... I am as sure as a cat in a hat... HAHAhahaha!" Joker responded as he grabbed the back of Bob's neck. "City hall is going to be a GASLY GOOD TIME! HAHAHAHA!"

"I meant with Harley. You sure about her?" Bob asked.

"Who cares? Hahaha" Joker responded as he left Bob standing there in silence.

After hours and hours of planning, Harley had come up with a plan that would be a bang of a good time! "With a little bit of this and a lot of that! Ooooooooo that would be absolutely spectaculalicious! Ooooo la la, Mister J will be thrilled!" Harley said to herself as she wrote over several papers. She made sure to use crayons and a multitude of different colors of markers.

She stood before her love, Mister J and his gang. She went over the plan of destroying the docks and stealing all the shipments that we going to Wayne Enterprises. Joker could not help but clap with joy as she mentioned that in all the chaos, Bats would be overwhelmed with the explosives that would be set. 

"My dear, Harley! Wonderful plan! I like it haha... No! I love it!" Joker said jumping to his feet.

"Really? Ooooooh Mister J! I'll make sure B-Man doesn't stop this time!" Harley said as she went in to hug the Clown Prince.

"I'm looking forward to it, Harley. I am going to sit this one out. I want to make sure that I don't get in the way." Joker said as he held onto Harley and looked deep into her eyes. "You promise you won't fail me again, Harley?"

"NEVER! MISTA J! I AM SO SORRY THAT I MESSED UP LAST TIME BUT I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER A MILLION TIMES EVER FAIL YOU AGAIN, MISTER J!" Harley pleaded.

"Good hahaha. My dear, Harley! You know what happens when you fail me?" Joker asked he pushed her back.

"I'm sorry, Mister J! I won't fail you this time!" Harley continued to plea.

SMACK! Joker back handed Harley across the face. Harley rubbed her face and tried to fight back all her tears. "PLEASE! MISTA J! PLEASE LET ME DO THIS FOR YOU! LET ME MAKE THIS RIGHT!" Harley said as she fell to her knees.

"Okay, Harley! But you know how unfunny it will be if you disappoint me!" Joker replied as he kicked Harley back onto the ground. "If you fail me, I will hurt you really really bad!" Joker said with his horrific smile.

"Understood, Mister J..." Harley said as she started sobbing.

"Now go see you plan through!" Joker said as he walked off into the dark.

Two Roads Converged

BANG! The Gotham skylight was beaming with flames. Sirens echoed throughout the city and the World's Greatest Detective had fought through all of Joker's gang as her confronted Harley. "WHERE IS HE?" The Dark Knight roared as he confronted Harley.

"B-MAN, YOU RUIN EVERYTHING! NOW MISTER J IS GONNA BE MAD AT ME!" Harley yelled as she tried swinging her wooden mallet at the Batman. 

Batman was able to dodge the mallet with ease and quickly subdued Harley. "Where is he, Harley?" Batman asked as he knelt down close to Quinn.

"He is not here, Bats!" Harley yelled in his face.

Suddenly, Batman stood back as he hears voice in his earpiece. "Master Wayne, there is a disturbance at City Hall!" As Batman looked around at all the flames that were blazing throughout the city docks, he came to the realization. "He used you as a distraction." Batman said as he vanished into the night.

Harley watched as the Batmobile disappeared into the night. She reached into a back pocket and cut herself free. "I WON'T LET YOU HURT, MISTER J!" Harley yelled to herself as she started running away from the docks.

….Days before...

After watching the news in horror of what had transpired, Andrea realized that the Joker had resurfaced! She watched as the watched as the reporting discussed the prison break at Belle Reve and that Harley Quinn was reported as escaping with the Clown Prince if crime.

After searching the far and wide, Andrea was able to track down one of Joker's old associates. A man that went by the name of Bob. She followed Bob from a distance for days until the night had finally arrive. She saw that Bob was in a van heading to what appeared to be City Hall. As she was tracking the Goon, she heard explosions in the distance near the docks. She realized that the Clown Prince of Crime was unleashing a nefarious scheme.

...Now at City Hall...

Joker and Bob stood on top of City Hall. He laughed as he was about to set off his toxins upon the mayor and the rest of Gotham's City officials. "Don't get your hopes up, Mayor boy! The Bats is a little occupied at the moment! Hahaha"

The mayor struggled to break free from his restraints, but Bob had knocked him back down upon the ground. 

"CAMERAS! LIGHTS! ACTION!" Joker yelled as a camera faced the Mayor and the rest of the city officials. 

Bob stood back and put a gas mask over his face. As Joker was about to unleash his toxins and murder the mayor for all the world to see; something happened that Joker never planned for. A blade sliced open Bob's neck and his lifeless body fell to the ground. Joker gazed over and saw the figure of the Phantasm.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD?" Joker screamed as he gazed at the Phantasm. 

From the shadows, Batman appeared out of the darkness. He glanced at both the Joker and the Phantasm. "Andrea?" Batman said under his breath as the Joker went forward with his plan.

The toxins were about to be unleash, but Batman was able to stop the devices that were holding the toxins. In frustration, Joker yelled, "Harley failed me again!"

Joker ran toward the exit when Harley appeared in front of him. "I'm sorry, Mister J!" Harley pleaded as she tried to hug the Joker. 

Joker punched Harley in the face and threw her against the floor. "OUT OF MY WAY!" Joker yelled as he ran onto the roof. Batman was not far behind.

The Phantasm tried to chase after the Clown Prince to finally enact her revenge. Harley pushed herself off the floor and gripped her wooden mallet as tight as she could. She stood in between the Phantasm and her prey.

"You want to hurt Mister J, then you will have to go through me!" Harley yelled as she stood before the Masked Phantasm.

"You are weak to love such a monster!" Phatasm replied as she stood ready for battle with the Maiden of Mischief.

"Puddin'! I will show you who is weak!" Harley yelled as she charged at the Phantasm.

The Phantasm is armed with her suit, claw, and gadgets

Harley Quinn is armed with her wooden mallet and a desert eagle revolver

I appreciate your use of hardly used characters. It's really refreshing and I like to see how different characters far here on CBUB.

I like the parallelism between these two characters. The story makes sense and doesn't feel forced.

I don't know much about Phantasm, but I think Harley gets the better of her. She's thrown hands with the best of them and succeeds in surprising ways. She gets my vote.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

I appreciate your use of hardly used characters. It's really refreshing and I like to see how different characters far here on CBUB.

I like the parallelism between these two characters. The story makes sense and doesn't feel forced.

I don't know much about Phantasm, but I think Harley gets the better of her. She's thrown hands with the best of them and succeeds in surprising ways. She gets my vote.

Thank you, I really appreciate that! 

Gah, can't believe I didn't get to this in time. The DCAU is right up my alley, and I'm the one who added the Phantasm here. :( This was a great set-up, Boratz! You've clearly been watching your DCAU Batman, as you've referenced the most important parts of the Phantasm's and Harley's times on the show. Despite some errors, I would've given this five stars.

On 11/30/2020 at 3:17 PM, SSJRuss said:

I don't know much about Phantasm, but I think Harley gets the better of her.

Do yourself a favor, man, and watch Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Arguably the best DCAU film.

I don't know how competent Quinn's been in more recent times, but in the DCAU (where she debuted), much more often than not she was the screw-up in her various team-ups with the Joker and Poison Ivy.  Her crowning achievement was arguably in Mad Love, and even then she was still outsmarted by Batman. 

The Phantasm, on the other hand, was scarily efficient, and only really missed her target once in her prime that we know of. Both ladies are pretty skilled, but the Phantasm is even moreso, as well as more efficient.

Given that this is set in the DCAU, Quinn might've made Phantasm work, but the Phantasm rightfully won in the end. Harley's only likely hope of not getting killed outright is if Batman broke off his chase with Joker and intervened.

9 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Gah, can't believe I didn't get to this in time. The DCAU is right up my alley, and I'm the one who added the Phantasm here. :( This was a great set-up, Boratz! You've clearly been watching your DCAU Batman, as you've referenced the most important parts of the Phantasm's and Harley times on the show. Despite some errors, I would've given this five stars.

Do yourself a favor, man, and watch Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Arguably the best DCAU film.

I don't know how competent Quinn's been in more recent times, but in the DCAU (where she debuted), much more often than not she was the screw-up in her various team-ups with the Joker and Poison Ivy.  Her crowning achievement was arguably in Mad Love, and even then she was still outsmarted by Batman. 

The Phantasm, on the other hand, was scarily efficient, and only really missed her target once in her prime that we know of. Both ladies are pretty skilled, but the Phantasm is even moreso, as well as more efficient.

Given that this is set in the DCAU, Quinn might've made Phantasm work, but the Phantasm rightfully won in the end. Harley's only likely hope of not getting killed outright is if Batman broke off his chase with Joker and intervened.

For Phantasm's story in this one, I definitely took a lot of inspiration from the movie. That one is either one of my favorite DCAU or close second to Sub Zero. 

I did the same for Harley, but I took some elements from other sources for her as well.

2 hours ago, Boratz said:

For Phantasm's story in this one, I definitely took a lot of inspiration from the movie. That one is either one of my favorite DCAU or close second to Sub Zero. 

I did the same for Harley, but I took some elements from other sources for her as well.

MOTP is one of my favorite animated films hands down.