Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 15325 Umbrella Corporation vs. Skynet

Culwych1

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll bet you never thought a book could tell you a story. 

No, I don't mean that you could read a book, or that someone could read you a story from a book; I mean what you are experiencing right now: that a book is telling you a story. The story of the last wish-maker, the one that came before you. 

Call me the Volonomicon. Yes, I'm related to the Necronomicon and his army of Deadites, but he's really the backward cousin of our family. Excuse my language, but that guy really winds me the f**k up. 

So, Volonomicon, from Volo, meaning wish, and nomicon which I guess you could call our family name. We're a family of books going back to the time to when men starting putting little scratches on sticks and reading them. Heck, one day I'm sure there'll be an e-book version of one of us. Ha! 

So in case you haven't guessed it, I grant wishes. But we'll get round to that soon, first I'm going to tell you about the last wish I granted and how that ended up. "Keep the customer informed" we're told. So that there is no doubt that it's their fault. Same reason Necro sends all those haunted warnings and clear signs not to read from the book and wake the dead, so shall I give you fair warning and then leave it to you to make your mind up and decide whether you want a wish or not. 

The last guy reminded me of you. Young, smart, his whole life in front of him and above all, hope in his eyes. I told him the story of the last wish-maker, just as I'm telling you this story now. And he still got it wrong. 

Do you know what his wish was? Well, after I told him my story, he stared at me for a while and then just said, "I wish the world was a better place". 

Woah, did I have a good long think about that one. But when it came to me the answer was easy. Of course I could make the world a better place. Unfortunately the poor sap hadn't specified for who. 

So, the power in me rose up and it was a simple matter of tweaking a few things here, and a few things there. This young guy was a business man, smart as I said, and so I thought I'd tweak his world. Two companies, one making robotics, the other in pharmaceuticals. In the end it was just playing with people's thoughts. 

The first company, Cyberdyne Systems, was focused on creating a state of the art artificial intelligence called Skynet. Boy, were they surprised when I gave them all the right ideas and they turned the thing on! 

The second was a company called Umbrella Corporation. Now they had a lot of fingers in a lot of pies, but the one that interested me most was their bioweapons division. All hush hush you see, and actually trying to create super beings. Again, a little nudge here and an idea there to speed things up. 

So, the 20th of November was when it hit. Skynet comes online, just as Umbrella releases their t-Virus. 

Absolute f**king chaos everywhere. Skynet is churning out machines left, right and center, and Umbrella is turning people into monsters. It starts relatively low key, a city coming down with some sickness whilst small robots go about setting up factories for Skynet. 

But soon... oh it is glorious.... zombies are munching on flesh and human sized killing machines are roaming the streets. 

Escalation starts when each camp suddenly takes notice of the other. Bigger terminators, ones made of liquid metal or with guns hidden in their bodies turn up and demolish buildings, some of these metal beasts are even the size of buildings. 

At the same time, monsters straight out your worst nightmares; mutant scorpions that can tear a car in half,  weird brain crawling things that can almost move faster than the eye can see, people who can move objects with their minds. The list is endless. 

The world is over-run, humans are playthings, and there is an endless war that rages between the two camps with neither able to immediately get the upper hand. 

And there in the middle of it all, with a ragtag bunch of desperate, hungry, terrified survivors is our wish-maker. He has been running so long and is so damaged that I think that his mind might even be gone. Then one night it's as if he suddenly remembers me. He pulls me out of his bag and starts crying. "Please please Volonomicon, please put it all back".

And that's when I pull my last trick. I say "sorry, only one wish", and then disappear from that world, leaving only my mocking laughter in the air. 

Fun times right! 

Well, here I am and you are my new wish-maker. So think carefully. You only have one wish, and it can be anything at all. You opened me, so unfortunately it is make a wish or die. You can't destroy me, there's no magic here. We're not in Azeroth, Middle-earth or Flipside. 

I've told you the truth; if you don't spell it out in detail there's a lot that can go horribly wrong. I'll make sure of it. 

So. Are you ready to make your wish? 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A straight up battle between Umbrella and Skynet in all their glory. All available canon creatures and machines are available. No time-travelling or nukes (let's say Red Queen and Skynet prevent each other from taking it that far). Rusty first match in a (looooong)while but it was the first one that came to mind! Enjoy :) 

5 minutes ago, Boratz said:

I thought this was a really fun set up! I definitely enjoyed reading it! I think based on some of the terminators that we have seen, they may pull this off but just by a slight margin

Thanks! It was quite fun to write actually. I have been flipflopping over who would win for a while now so think you may be right. Interestingly I think in the end it comes down to durability and logistics really. But Umbrella do have the edge with telekinetic potential. 🤪 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Thanks! It was quite fun to write actually. I have been flipflopping over who would win for a while now so think you may be right. Interestingly I think in the end it comes down to durability and logistics really. But Umbrella do have the edge with telekinetic potential. 🤪 

It is a hard one. One moment, I'll think Umbrella has so much that would put them over the edge and then I remember Skynet has some heavy hitters too! Great match up!

• Haha 1

What, both Culwych and Boratz have found their way back to EF virtually within the same week? Business is definitely about to pick up! :) 

I see you haven't lost your writing touch, Culwych. Nice touch adding in a Wishmaster-esque character to initiate the story's chaos. Great set-up, but I feel like I'd have to really delve into Resident Evil to judge how Umbrella's mutants would fare against Skynet's forces.

58 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

What, both Culwych and Boratz have found their way back to EF virtually within the same week? Business is definitely about to pick up! :) 

I see you haven't lost your writing touch, Culwych. Nice touch adding in a Wishmaster-esque character to initiate the story's chaos. Great set-up, but I feel like I'd have to really delve into Resident Evil to judge how Umbrella's mutants would fare against Skynet's forces.

Thank DSkillz. I'd been keeping an eye on EF for a while and it was seeing old familiar names popping up that finally drew me back! And damn did it feel good to do some writing again 😆

Cheers for comment, and yes  so much variability in this match up.  I'd pay good money to see this on screen!!!

This was an awesome setup. I really like this idea of the Volonomicon. Really creative and just up my alley of interest. This gets a 5 star from me.

So, this probably goes to Skynet. The virus can't affect the terminators and once most of the humans are gone, their supply of flesh is limited. I don't think it'd be hard for Skynet to win this war.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

This was an awesome setup. I really like this idea of the Volonomicon. Really creative and just up my alley of interest. This gets a 5 star from me.

So, this probably goes to Skynet. The virus can't affect the terminators and once most of the humans are gone, their supply of flesh is limited. I don't think it'd be hard for Skynet to win this war.

Thanks! That is great to hear, and yeah, as I started writing it just got more and more fun. 

Good thinking re. the supply of raw materials. That may just be the thing that swings this is Skynet's favour. Although, a horrible thought, cloning and other unsavoury ways could produce more for Umbrella...