Slot: The Team's Deity
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Odin (Mythology) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain

Battle Terrain
Deities: Followers Battle

The vikings existed later and definitely have a technological and nautical advantage. However, I don't think they have the training or the infrastructure of the Greek empire to compete in land fights. It really depends on the scenario of the battle itself. All out war I would probably favor the Greeks in a long fight

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The vikings existed later and definitely have a technological and nautical advantage. However, I don't think they have the training or the infrastructure of the Greek empire to compete in land fights. It really depends on the scenario of the battle itself. All out war I would probably favor the Greeks in a long fight

This is what I’m reading everywhere I look online as well.

2 minutes ago, Nate86 said:

This is what I’m reading everywhere I look online as well.

This prompt specifically makes me want a "Historic Warrior" category where like Roman Centurians go up against Samurai and stuff, using just an average warrior with standard equipment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This prompt specifically makes me want a "Historic Warrior" category where like Roman Centurians go up against Samurai and stuff, using just an average warrior with standard equipment.

That slot gets a little complicated, but also has a bunching up depending on what time period is allowed. Even if you restrict to non-gunpowder using warriors you just end up with knights in plate armor dominating every land battle.

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

That slot gets a little complicated, but also has a bunching up depending on what time period is allowed. Even if you restrict to non-gunpowder using warriors you just end up with knights in plate armor dominating every land battle.

Depends on the category though, right? Unarmored gladiatorial combat? Knight in plate lose their biggest advantage, and I would take the training of a Centurion or a Spartan over that of a knight in a 1 on 1 without any armor. 

EDIT: It's also really easy to restrict it to the year 1,000 AD, before the use of plate armor, to eliminate the domination of it

19 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

You should watch the show Deadliest Warrior if you haven’t already. They do matchups like that where they examine weapons, fighting styles, armor, and try to figure out what historic warrior would win in a fight.

13 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

11 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Depends on the category though, right? Unarmored gladiatorial combat? Knight in plate lose their biggest advantage, and I would take the training of a Centurion or a Spartan over that of a knight in a 1 on 1 without any armor. 

EDIT: It's also really easy to restrict it to the year 1,000 AD, before the use of plate armor, to eliminate the domination of it

I think you could still go with early gunpowder units.  Say limit it to a team the size of a squad.

I think you end up with a classic Ninjas vs. Pirates.

Just now, Bergy_Berg said:

The Greek armies may have been better trained on land, but the Vikings were also deadly. Their equipment would be better, and the guidance of Odin is better than Poseidon. The Vikings should take it here.

Even if their equipment is better, and even if each warrior is individually stronger, the Greeks are so much better organized and have such better training that it wouldn't really matter. I also didn't think the Gods were really involved here. It's just their followers battling. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Even if their equipment is better, and even if each warrior is individually stronger, the Greeks are so much better organized and have such better training that it wouldn't really matter. I also didn't think the Gods were really involved here. It's just their followers battling. 

Ya know what, I'm realizing my deity is Greek, so I'm not gonna do any more arguing against Poseidon here.