Slot: The Team's Entertainer
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Tramp at Wikipedia
Official Site: The Estate of Charlie Chaplin

Battle Terrain
Entertainer: Footloose

I think both of these contenders could do it.

The Tramp is a character that shows us our foibles and who, himself, is a commentary on society.  I have no doubt that The Tramp will cause the townspeople to review their "dancephobia".  In Chaplin films this is accomplished through odd coincidences, fortuitous meeting, strange happenstance and a lot of physical comedy which causes events to bee seen in a new light and exposes hypocrisy.

The Bremen Musicians can also pull this off, I assume, through music.

Me personally, I like the Tramp here.  I think he comes in under the radar and gets people to see a new light.  The Bremen Musicians will have to come at the challenge head on and meet the most resistance from the anti-dance crowd.

I see a couple issues for the Bremen Town Musicians:

1st, this is a communist group in a 1980s midwestern U.S. town. The cold war is still going, so there's some major suspicion.

2nd, four singing animals are likely to be decried as the spawn of Satan by the very religious townsfolk. Remember, Reverand Shaw is a major antagonist here (assuming the movie is similar to the stage production. Only familiar with the stage version.)

The Tramp only has to contend with some regular small town fear of outsiders, but the Bremen gang has a lot more going against them.

8 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

2nd, four singing animals are likely to be decried as the spawn of Satan by the very religious townsfolk. Remember, Reverand Shaw is a major antagonist here (assuming the movie is similar to the stage production. Only familiar with the stage version.)

Well yeah, if you are going to make that distinction of how talking, singing animals would literally be viewed by the religious leaders of the town, then the Bremen Musicians have no chance.  

It's not even a contest about which performer is better, in that context.  It's a contest about which one can get out alive. 

I chose to see it more figuratively, but Tramp still takes it either way I think.