Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

5:5 - Arthur Morgan vs. John Marston

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 5

Arthur Morgan

Slot: The Team's Wild West Component
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Arthur Morgan at Wikipedia
Official Site: Rockstar Games

John Marston

Slot: The Team's Wild West Component
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about John Marston at Wikipedia
Official Site: Rockstar Games

Battle Terrain
The Wild West: Train Robbing

Ah, the RDR protagonists go head to head here. Interesting.

Arthur takes this though. RDR2 makes it very clear that when both of them were alive and well, Arthur was the camp workhorse. Whenever anyone in the Van der Linde gang needed something done, John included, Arthur was the man they turned to, and this included train robberies. Several take place during RDR2, and while John take part in some of them, Arthur is integral to all of their success, and in fact John almost dies during one of them, while Arthur, even riddled with TB, never gets into any trouble during them. The game makes it very clear that Arthur was a more successful criminal and outlaw than John was, although it also makes it clear that John was ultimately a better person and probably lived a much happier life in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Ah, the RDR protagonists go head to head here. Interesting.

Arthur takes this though. RDR2 makes it very clear that when both of them were alive and well, Arthur was the camp workhorse. Whenever anyone in the Van der Linde gang needed something done, John included, Arthur was the man they turned to, and this included train robberies. Several take place during RDR2, and while John take part in some of them, Arthur is integral to all of their success, and in fact John almost dies during one of them, while Arthur, even riddled with TB, never gets into any trouble during them. The game makes it very clear that Arthur was a more successful criminal and outlaw than John was, although it also makes it clear that John was ultimately a better person and probably lived a much happier life in the end. 

Brilliant post, at least now I do not have to wait for someone to tip the scales for one character over the other as I genuinely know nothing about RDR2. Thanks for the help in deciding.

• Like 1

Arthur was definitely the work horse in RDR2 game, that's for sure. But that game serves as a prequel to Marston's Red Dead. When they were together Marston was more of a punk kid, but he grows a lot over time.

John Marston learned from Arthur and the rest of the Van der Linde gang, and he goes on to surpass Arthur Morgan. In a slugfest/barroom fight I'd go with Morgan, but in just about anything else John Marston has the advantage.

28 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Arthur was definitely the work horse in RDR2 game, that's for sure. But that game serves as a prequel to Marston's Red Dead. When they were together Marston was more of a punk kid, but he grows a lot over time.

John Marston learned from Arthur and the rest of the Van der Linde gang, and he goes on to surpass Arthur Morgan. In a slugfest/barroom fight I'd go with Morgan, but in just about anything else John Marston has the advantage.

You're right in that Arthur grows a lot over time after the second game, but you're wrong in that it makes him a better outlaw. After RDR 2, Arthur becomes a rancher, and leaves the outlaw life behind until the events of the first game. Sure, he has the occasional run-in with people trying to kill him or take his stuff, but that's nothing compared to Arthur's entire life of being on the run. I also disagree with the characterization that Arthur was a punk kid. He was just a punk. 

John didn't learn from the rest of the Van der Linde gang, he took them as a cautionary tale and escaped the outlaw lifestyle before it killed him and his family. Unfortunately for him it didn't work out, but he decidedly didn't take the outlaw lifestyle to heart by the end of the story. I completely disagree that Marston has the advantage in anything other than ranching honestly. Arthur was the camp workhorse, much more reliable and competent than John, then John left the outlaw life. The reason he succeeds in RDR 1 is because he's hunting broken, delusional versions of the people from RDR 2 who are way past their prime. And that's still impressive, don't get me wrong. John is a very good cowboy, but I see literally no reason to assume he gets better than Arthur when Arthur was an outlaw his entire life and was substantially better than John the entire time John was an outlaw.

Also, as if I needed more evidence, train robberies specifically were a giant mechanic of RDR 2, and I don't remember them being part of RDR 1 at all