Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 15242 Nick Fury vs. Lt. Aldo "The Apache" Raine

Nate86

April 30th 1945

The Oval Office

U.S. Army Chief of Staff Marshall enters the room. Despite being somewhat excited an anxious he appears calm and professional. President Truman looks up from behind The Resolute Desk.

“George! How are you?”

“I’m well Mr. President. I’ve come with rather odd but nonetheless good news.”

“Have the Soviets taken Berlin?”

“Not quite Mr. President. As you know the Soviets are making great strides in an offensive towards The Eagles Nest but our men are also joining them.”

“Good! I’d like to bolster those numbers! Show our Soviet Allies we can provide an army half their size and twice as tough!”

“Well not quite sir.”

“Not quite?”

“You see Mr. President it’s a group of nine men.”

“Nine men?”

“That’s right sir. Nine men.”

“Not an army?”

“Not an army.”

“Well why not?”

“Well our boys are further back fighting other battles but Sgt. Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos-“

“Dammit I should’ve guessed!”

Truman leaned back and sighed, putting his hand to his chin and thinking for a moment.

“Didn’t I tell Fury to back the 101st Air Division for the time being?”

“Yes sir.”

“Will Fury ever listen to me?”

“It appears not Mr. President. No.”

Truman takes another moment.

“Well how do we know specifically where only nine men are?”

“That’s where this gets tricky sir.”

“Tricky?”

“Yes sir. Aldo Raine-“

“Aldo Raine!? I thought he and The Basterds were dead!

“It would appear they’ve been covert pretending to be Pols for some time.”

“How did we wind up with such colorful pains in my ass fighting on our side in this war?”

“Proud Americans sir.”

“I suppose so. Anyways how do we know the whereabouts of (Truman pauses to add up how many Basterds there are. The number is eleven by the way.) twenty total men?”

“Yes sir. Good question. The Soviets have tapped into most of the German radio frequency’s over there. Seems Fury and Raine already knew the frequency. We’ve got a transcript... this is where things get interesting.”

“What is it?”

“You better see it for yourself.”

Marshall produces a small folder and tosses it on The Resolute Desk. Truman picks it up, flips it open and finds a transcript inside.

Fury: “Hey! I’m gonna blow apart any Nazi’s I find in this line! You hear me!?”

Raine: “Well you better leave us in one piece.”

Fury: “I know that voice. Who is this?”

Raine: “Lt. Aldo Raine! And if you get all bloodthirsty the way you did in Bastogne you’re surefire gonna get one of my men killed.”

Fury: “Haha! Clam it Apache! We know damn well how to fight the enemy and avoid our own boys.”

Raine: “Well just in case you spot any Pols on the way to the Eagles Nest and decide to shoot an ally, those Pols are probably us!”

Fury: “The Eagles Nest?”

Raine: “Thas right.”

Fury: “Well that’s where we’re headed. If you bunch of Basterds steal our thunder-“

Raine: “Well now Fury, I figure you’re gonna have to kill some Nazi’s on the way up just like us.”

Fury: “We’ll blow them all to Hell Apache!”

Raine: “I figure that Fury. We got Nazi’s between us and The Eagles Nest ourselves.”

Fury: “Well if I know you dead beats you’ll reach the top by the time I’m sleeping in my bed back in America.”

Raine: “Well looks like we got ourselves a bit of a race then Sgt. I plan on mounting Hitlers scalp to my wall when I get home.”

Fury: “Sorry to disappoint you there Raine but I’ll be taking his whole damn head.”

Raine: “See you at the top Fury.”

Fury: “Yup. Oh and Raine. Glad to hear you’re alive.”

Raine: “Me too.”

Truman looks up at Marshall.

“So what happened?”

“What happened?”

“Yes!”

“Well Mr. President from the best of our intelligence it seems that Fury is headed from the east.”

“They’ll be knocking on the front door then.”

“Yes sir. Raine seems to be coming from the west. Since they’re approaching from behind they have a stealth advantage but we know that Hitler has Nazi’s in those hills so it won’t be a cakewalk for The Basterds either.”

“Meanwhile the commandos have a habit of blowing through everything they encounter...”

Truman stares off for a moment and looks up at Marshall.

“Good work Marshall. Let me know when you have something else.”

“We do sir.”

“You do what?”

“Have something else.”

“Well spit it out General!”

Marshall points to the folder on the Resolute Desk. Upon further inspection Truman realizes there’s a paper he’s missed.

“Oh. Very good.”

Picking it up his eyes widen. Without looking away from the paper he remarks,

“That crazy son of a bitch. Took the goddamn Eagles Nest.”

Learn More About
Nick Fury
Read more about Nick Fury at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com Comicvine

Lt. Aldo "The Apache" Raine
Read more about Lt. Aldo "The Apache" Raine at Wikipedia
Official Site: The Weinstein Company Links: Wikipedia Quentin Tarantino Archive Official Site

Very good set-up, Nate86. You seem to have a good grasp of the characters and the era. You sure you're new here?

As for the match, while I haven't seen Inglorious Basterds to know Mr. Aldo and his crew, I'm pretty sure the Howling Commandos have more powers and abilities with Nick Fury alone.

Is that enough for the Commandos to reach the Eagles' Nest first? I have no idea.

I remember seeing Inglorious Basterds, I remember liking Inglorious Basterds, I remember laughing at Brad Pitt's rediculous accent. But, I don't remember many of Aldo's crew's accomplishments so I may need a refresher before I give a blind vote to Fury for coming from and thriving in a much more dangerous world.

With all that said this is a stellar idea for a matchup, and I can't wait to see what you bring out next.

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I figured it might be a tough matchup for The Basterds but once I started looking at some old Howling Commandos comics they have some crazy feats and other parts where they’re getting bogged down by artillery. When we meet The Basterds they’ve taken a battalion of Germans without losing a single man so I thought it may even out. Either way it’s a very well done movie I’d highly recommend.