Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

5:2 - Phalanx vs. Ssi-ruuvi Imperium

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 2

Phalanx

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Phalanx at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel comics

Ssi-ruuvi Imperium

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ssi-ruuvi Imperium at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucasfilm

Battle Terrain
Alien Invasion: Warhammer 40K Terra

I think the Phalanx is more suited for this conquest. They could simply start assimilating Terra's citizens instead of attacking its forces directly.

From what I know about WH40k, neither are going to succeed at invading Terra. The Imperium of Man sees Terra as sacred and is the most defended world in their universe. It has layers and layers of defenses.

That being said, I think the Ssi-ruuvi Imperium stand a stronger chance of winning than the Phalanx. The Phalanx, from what I've seen of them, seem very similar to other species in WH40k. They are very tech-organic based and that's nothing they haven't seen before. The Ssi-Ruu are a bit different in that they capture and enslave enemy forces and 'entech' them. This is a process that steals the soul of the victim and in cases it in a machine as a power source. They built a majority of their fleet based on this. Non-Force users gave off plenty of energy but it's implied that an enteched force-user would provide them an almost infinite source of power. I think the same thing would happen if they get ahold of a psyker or immortal being like a Primarch. That could give them access to the warp and make things very interesting.

6 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

The Ssi-Ruu are a bit different in that they capture and enslave enemy forces and 'entech' them. This is a process that steals the soul of the victim and in cases it in a machine as a power source.

I'm not sure how that's any more effective than infecting their targets within seconds via touch and assimilating them. The particular virus the Phalanx uses also interfaces directly with tech and absorbs all types of matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno-organic_virus#Transmode_virus

On 11/4/2020 at 4:09 PM, DSkillz said:

I'm not sure how that's any more effective than infecting their targets within seconds via touch and assimilating them. The particular virus the Phalanx uses also interfaces directly with tech and absorbs all types of matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno-organic_virus#Transmode_virus

That's tough to beat. Only thing I can say is that maybe being a Hive Mind might make them vulnerable. I believe WH40k has dealt with hive minds before so maybe they would have a few ways of countering?

25 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

That's tough to beat. Only thing I can say is that maybe being a Hive Mind might make them vulnerable. I believe WH40k has dealt with hive minds before so maybe they would have a few ways of countering?

Hmmm ... I'm not familiar with Warhammer games, so I'm not up on all the defenses Terra has. The biggest counters to the Phalanx's virus I've seen are Banshee's scream in the comics and Magneto's shields and an anti-virus created by Mr. Sinister and Beast in the '90's cartoon. Not sure if Terra's forces have those counters in their arsenal.