Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

5:1 - Zombie Colonel America vs. Black Canary

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 1

Zombie Colonel America

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Zombie Colonel America at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel

Black Canary

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Black Canary at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Planet Endor

Ohhh, that’s a tough one. Canary’s definitely going to want to try and stay at range with her sonic screams, given that Steve is just as good if not better at hand to hand. Not to mention the whole zombie thing, one bite and they’d be on the same agenda, hunting for food. I dunno if that would count as a win on Steve’s part? 

On the other hand, the environment does help in that regard for Canary, evading him...tough call.

The one thing Black Canary has over Captain America is the fact that her one superpower she does possess cannot be negated by Captain America's indestructible shield. Her screaming should and would stop America any chance she uses it. Other than that, she's comparable to Captain America in physical stats. At the same time, I believe that she'd have a better time fighting Captain America when he wasn't a zombie. I don't know how well she'd do against him as he is, to be honest.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Other than that, she's comparable to Captain America in physical stats.

I do not agree with that. Captain America is definitely the stronger and faster of the two.

I think this match really comes down to whether or not Canary can put down CA before he closes in, and I don't think she can.

Cap may be stronger, and arguably faster, but as Skillz pointed out in a different Black Canary thread, she has insane reaction speeds. Also, as Macklemore pointed out, the Canary Cry can pierce his shield, negating one of his biggest strengths. Also, the Marvel Zombies are actually shown to be much weaker than their non-zombified counterparts. When Wolverine attacks Silver Surfer, his arm got torn off because his flesh was so decayed that his Adamantium bones went right through his skin. A single Canary Cry would probably just tear Cap apart to be honest.

Finally, I think the fact that it's Zombie Cap at all actually makes him a lot weaker than a regular Captain America. Even if he does manage to get a bite in, which I doubt given their relatively even skill and Canary's one-shot superpower, all he's done is make her more durable than him (because while she would be undead, her flesh wouldn't be as far decayed as his), and it's consistently shown in Marvel Zombies that one zombie is never enough to fully consume someone before they reanimate. I think this one is solidly for Canary

19 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Cap may be stronger, and arguably faster, but as Skillz pointed out in a different Black Canary thread, she has insane reaction speeds. Also, as Macklemore pointed out, the Canary Cry can pierce his shield, negating one of his biggest strengths. Also, the Marvel Zombies are actually shown to be much weaker than their non-zombified counterparts. When Wolverine attacks Silver Surfer, his arm got torn off because his flesh was so decayed that his Adamantium bones went right through his skin. A single Canary Cry would probably just tear Cap apart to be honest.

Finally, I think the fact that it's Zombie Cap at all actually makes him a lot weaker than a regular Captain America. Even if he does manage to get a bite in, which I doubt given their relatively even skill and Canary's one-shot superpower, all he's done is make her more durable than him (because while she would be undead, her flesh wouldn't be as far decayed as his), and it's consistently shown in Marvel Zombies that one zombie is never enough to fully consume someone before they reanimate. I think this one is solidly for Canary

This is a strong argument. I was thinking the same when I was looking over the comments. Being a zombie helps Cap in no way in my opinion. His flesh gets ripped apart by Canary in just a few minutes. Then she celebrates with Ewoks.

11 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

What if Colonel America has an army of Zombie Ewoks?

Well I genuinely don't think 1 zombie Cap would be enough to zombify an army of Ewoks quickly enough for this fight. Even so, one Canary Cry is still all she needs to blow Cap apart, and she's more than skilled enough to avoid a few Ewoks. 

Also, aren't you the dude who adds all the chicks to the database? Shouldn't you be for Black Canary?

22 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Well I genuinely don't think 1 zombie Cap would be enough to zombify an army of Ewoks quickly enough for this fight. Even so, one Canary Cry is still all she needs to blow Cap apart, and she's more than skilled enough to avoid a few Ewoks. 

Also, aren't you the dude who adds all the chicks to the database? Shouldn't you be for Black Canary?

I see someone recognize my work. :P

While I do fine Black Canary hot, and it looks like she going to win this anyway, I’m trying to see if someone from my team can win this.

I’m on the fence. Yeah, that Wolverine bit is true and it could indicate that Canary might be able to obliterate him that way. On the other hand, I don’t know if that’s a consistent thing. Just going to point out that in Marvel Zombies 2, the group of zombies that ate Galactus took 40 years devouring the whole universe and added a number of others to their group, including Phoenix and Gladiator. Decades of their skin clearly decaying and rotting yet even so, when that group returns to Earth? At one point the former x-man Forge, wearing a retrofitted Iron Man suit, punches Gladiator and the armored Iron Man fist breaks on impact instead of going through weak flesh. So I don’t know.

38 minutes ago, C.T. said:

I’m on the fence. Yeah, that Wolverine bit is true and it could indicate that Canary might be able to obliterate him that way. On the other hand, I don’t know if that’s a consistent thing. Just going to point out that in Marvel Zombies 2, the group of zombies that ate Galactus took 40 years devouring the whole universe and added a number of others to their group, including Phoenix and Gladiator. Decades of their skin clearly decaying and rotting yet even so, when that group returns to Earth? At one point the former x-man Forge, wearing a retrofitted Iron Man suit, punches Gladiator and the armored Iron Man fist breaks on impact instead of going through weak flesh. So I don’t know.

They very clearly get a massive boost in power when they eat Galactus. They are decaying up until they eat him, then their decay seems to freeze because of the Power Cosmic within them. Up until that point, their decayed bodies were frequently shown to be much weaker. Cap loses the top of his skull to what looks like a glancing blow from his shield, Spiderman's leg compound fractures from what I believe to just be a normal fall, and Wolverine's arm get annihilated when he tries to attack Silver Surfer. It's very clear that until they eat Galactus they were constantly decaying, and it's only after that point that they stop

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

They very clearly get a massive boost in power when they eat Galactus. They are decaying up until they eat him, then their decay seems to freeze because of the Power Cosmic within them. Up until that point, their decayed bodies were frequently shown to be much weaker. Cap loses the top of his skull to what looks like a glancing blow from his shield, Spiderman's leg compound fractures from what I believe to just be a normal fall, and Wolverine's arm get annihilated when he tries to attack Silver Surfer. It's very clear that until they eat Galactus they were constantly decaying, and it's only after that point that they stop

Yeah but Gladiator never ate Galactus/he got infected well after that group ate him, so even if the power cosmic stopped their decaying, he himself should be decaying and weak but that wasn’t the case.

1 minute ago, C.T. said:

Yeah but Gladiator never ate Galactus/he got infected well after that group ate him, so even if the power cosmic stopped their decaying, he himself should be decaying and weak but that wasn’t the case.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I didn't read that second part of Marvel Zombies apparently, but I can for sure say that in the three collections I read (Marvel Zombies, Dead Days, and some other one), there were far more instances of zombies decaying and becoming weaker than just the one instance of the zombie staying as strong as the living counterpart. Zombie the Thing is killed by Doom just sort of tossing him if memory serves, which causes his body to crumble. Regular the Thing is able to knock out zombie Hulk despite regular the Thing being well below his weight class, I'm struggling to remember more instances because it's been a while, but that's at least five instances where powered zombies are demonstrably weaker and far less durable, and only one where he's not weaker, and even in that one exception, isn't Gladiator naturally a very durable character? That doesn't even necessarily disprove it, just means that his durability was strong enough that he didn't decay enough to get hurt by that one attack

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I didn't read that second part of Marvel Zombies apparently, but I can for sure say that in the three collections I read (Marvel Zombies, Dead Days, and some other one), there were far more instances of zombies decaying and becoming weaker than just the one instance of the zombie staying as strong as the living counterpart. Zombie the Thing is killed by Doom just sort of tossing him if memory serves, which causes his body to crumble. Regular the Thing is able to knock out zombie Hulk despite regular the Thing being well below his weight class, I'm struggling to remember more instances because it's been a while, but that's at least five instances where powered zombies are demonstrably weaker and far less durable, and only one where he's not weaker, and even in that one exception, isn't Gladiator naturally a very durable character? That doesn't even necessarily disprove it, just means that his durability was strong enough that he didn't decay enough to get hurt by that one attack

Fair enough, and oh yeah I forgot about the zombie F4 messing around with the Ultimate universe/Thing taking out zombie Hulk. Point taken there. And yes, Gladiator's a tough bastard.

14 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The one thing Black Canary has over Captain America is the fact that her one superpower she does possess cannot be negated by Captain America's indestructible shield.

Cap's shield likely won't block out the sound of Dinah's screams, but it can still definitely block their kinetic force.

Was Zombie Cap involved in devouring his universe's Galactus?  If so, his decay has also been stopped by the Power Cosmic. Otherwise, Canary should be able to eventually break down Steve's rotting body for the win, unless, of course, she gets bitten during the fight.

Just now, DSkillz said:

Cap's shield likely won't block out the sound of Dinah's screams, but it can still definitely block their kinetic force.

Was Zombie Cap involved in devouring his universe's Galactus?  If so, his decay has also been stopped by the Power Cosmic. Otherwise, Canary should be able to eventually break down Steve's rotting body for the win, unless, of course, she gets bitten during the fight.

He was killed after they killed Galactus but right before they ate him. Red Skull ripped his brain out. It's hardcore.

Again, even if Dinah does get bit, she will definitely be able to hold him off until she turns, in which case Cap has taken away his one advantage in his relative "durability"