Biollante

Slot: The Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Biollante at Wikipedia
Official Site: Toho Kingdom

Battle Terrain

This comes back to the discussion last time, although admittedly I don't think Biollante would do as well as Mothra. But Biollante definitely has better showings. It survived and briefly got the better of Godzilla, who is demonstrably far more durable than anything this thing has shown. It's possible that Zorah is more durable and stronger but that's 100% speculation

Wow, it's the battle between the bottom of the barrel contenders in the Kaiju slot.  I feel like I'm watching the Detroit Tigers and Arizona Diamondbacks compete at wiffle ball.

So, we have fire vs. plants is it?  Usually fire wins that battle, but I'm open to seeing any debate.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

Wow, it's the battle between the bottom of the barrel contenders in the Kaiju slot.  I feel like I'm watching the Detroit Tigers and Arizona Diamondbacks compete at wiffle ball.

So, we have fire vs. plants is it?  Usually fire wins that battle, but I'm open to seeing any debate.

Biollante survived Heisei Godzilla's atomic breath, which is officially stated as 500,000 degrees Celsius in one of the guidebooks. Lava is usually around 1,200 degrees Celsius from what Google tells me, so Biollante is safe as far as heat goes. She is substantially smaller and less mobile than Mothra, but what she lacks in mobility she makes up for in versatility. She can regen a lot better than the likes of Mothra, can stand up to Godzilla's atomic breath, and her tendrils are able to pierce Godzilla's skin, which can survive the brunt of modern military equipment completely unphased. I favor Biollante here  

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Biollante survived Heisei Godzilla's atomic breath, which is officially stated as 500,000 degrees Celsius in one of the guidebooks. Lava is usually around 1,200 degrees Celsius from what Google tells me, so Biollante is safe as far as heat goes. She is substantially smaller and less mobile than Mothra, but what she lacks in mobility she makes up for in versatility. She can regen a lot better than the likes of Mothra, can stand up to Godzilla's atomic breath, and her tendrils are able to pierce Godzilla's skin, which can survive the brunt of modern military equipment completely unphased. I favor Biollante here  

Those are strong arguments.  I could be swayed by that.

I don't have a lot to go on with Zorah but I keep coming back to the fact it could be driven away, deterred, etc. by cannon fire.

If the plant-like Biollante can't be damaged by fire, then I have to note that plants have a way of crushing rocks given enough time.

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Strong point. I'm batting for Biollante of course, but I do think Zorah does make me nervous. These two are basically ecosystems of themselves. One is a lava mountain, the other is a plant. Despite what you say about the degree difference in atomic breath and lava, I still think it would burn Biollante. Maybe not enough to kill him, but it wouldn't tickle either.

I think these two end up fusing into one larger kaiju. Who wins if that's the case?

Just now, SSJRuss said:

Strong point. I'm batting for Biollante of course, but I do think Zorah does make me nervous. These two are basically ecosystems of themselves. One is a lava mountain, the other is a plant. Despite what you say about the degree difference in atomic breath and lava, I still think it would burn Biollante. Maybe not enough to kill him, but it wouldn't tickle either.

I think these two end up fusing into one larger kaiju. Who wins if that's the case?

I don't see how it burns her to be honest. Biollante survived a temperature hundreds of times hotter than lava and didn't catch on fire. The biggest downside to Zorah is a lack of any real offensive showings. He can be as big as he wants to be, but if he doesn't even stand up to and defeat other kaiju on the level of Godzilla and Biollante, then he's not gonna win my vote. Size only really matters in IRL fights, but when characters get special powers, resistences, and strength beyond what should be possible for beings their size, then any size-related arugment mostly flies out the window