Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about John Wick at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lionsgate

Battle Terrain
Solve An X-File

• Like 1

This is not a physical challenge involving guns or swords. 

Of the two, I would say that Red Sonja probably deals with more weird stuff on a regular basis.  The world she lives in is composed of the weird and fantastical.

• Like 1

I feel like John Wick is getting spited a lot here. Red Sonja might see more supernatural stuff, but from what I know of the two I would favor John Wick’s deduction skills more in this scenario. Does Red Sonja actually have to follow any sort of conspiracies. Wick at least is resourceful and has to unravel various assassin plots in his movies, or times where he is being set up.

2 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I feel like John Wick is getting spited a lot here. Red Sonja might see more supernatural stuff, but from what I know of the two I would favor John Wick’s deduction skills more in this scenario. Does Red Sonja actually have to follow any sort of conspiracies. Wick at least is resourceful and has to unravel various assassin plots in his movies, or times where he is being set up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't John just get trapped in these set ups and then just kill his way out of it?

Not that I want to argue against my guy, but I don't remember him solving anything by himself.

15 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't John just get trapped in these set ups and then just kill his way out of it?

Not that I want to argue against my guy, but I don't remember him solving anything by himself.

I would honestly need to rewatch to verify but that sounds somewhat right, though he’s always able to at least call in favors and eventually shoot his way out. I don’t know of Red Sonja even being able to get that far with an investigation.

21 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

17 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I like John Wick quite a bit, but I personally find he seems to have a character flaw where he's easy to trick.  Particularly in the third movie he gets punked pretty hard by a betrayal and did not see it coming.

Not to get too deep into character analysis, but if you look at John Wick everything he does and the entire world he lives in is governed by a code of etiquette, norms and laws that govern most of what they do.  Contracts that must be fulfilled, words that must be kept.  There's not a whole lot of deviation and, because that world lives by those rules, John has been tricked a couple times.

Red Sonja is on the opposite end of the spectrum in a world of magic, chaos and monsters.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

I like John Wick quite a bit, but I personally find he seems to have a character flaw where he's easy to trick.  Particularly in the third movie he gets punked pretty hard by a betrayal and did not see it coming.

Not to get too deep into character analysis, but if you look at John Wick everything he does and the entire world he lives in is governed by a code of etiquette, norms and laws that govern most of what they do.  Contracts that must be fulfilled, words that must be kept.  There's not a whole lot of deviation and, because that world lives by those rules, John has been tricked a couple times.

Red Sonja is on the opposite end of the spectrum in a world of magic, chaos and monsters.

I agree with this, it just seems most of the arguments for Sonja so far seem to revolve around her just existing in a world with crazier stuff. She also exists in a far crazier world than Sherlock Holmes, but he still has better skills for this scenario. Maybe I’m underselling Sonja? I thought she was just a female version of Conan. Betrayal and getting linked are also different than tracking a mystery, Wick has a stronger network (I think) and a good ability to stay doggedly determined to a case, that’s my best argument.

2 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I agree with this, it just seems most of the arguments for Sonja so far seem to revolve around her just existing in a world with crazier stuff. She also exists in a far crazier world than Sherlock Holmes, but he still has better skills for this scenario. Maybe I’m underselling Sonja? I thought she was just a female version of Conan. Betrayal and getting linked are also different than tracking a mystery, Wick has a stronger network (I think) and a good ability to stay doggedly determined to a case, that’s my best argument.

Oh man.  Red Sonja has a long and storied history in fantasy comic.

I mean, check her out here : https://comicvine.gamespot.com/red-sonja/4005-2439/

Has she solved weird mysteries in that time?  Absolutely.

I mean, when you say just a "female version of Conan" I've got to tell you I have been reading the Conan Omnibus hardcover recently

hqdefault.jpg

The dude pretty much has to solve an X-File every issue just to figure out what the hell is going on because his world is so weird.

Awesome Omnibus BTW.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Oh man.  Red Sonja has a long and storied history in fantasy comic.

I mean, check her out here : https://comicvine.gamespot.com/red-sonja/4005-2439/

Has she solved weird mysteries in that time?  Absolutely.

I mean, when you say just a "female version of Conan" I've got to tell you I have been reading the Conan Omnibus hardcover recently

hqdefault.jpg

The dude pretty much has to solve an X-File every issue just to figure out what the hell is going on because his world is so weird.

Awesome Omnibus BTW.

Thanks for the extra info! At this point I’m definitely leaning towards her, I’ll wait to see any other arguments but seems like a good chance she is better equipped.

This is why I enjoy the CBUB mostly: getting a chance to learn more about characters that I’ve never really explored. Fantasy seasons have been especially great for this kind of thing.