Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Favorite Fictional Characters?

Guest sirmethos

Guest sirmethos

unlike various 'favorites' threads, the purpose of this particular thread, is to get more information about the various characters out to the general public.

for that purpose:

1. Name one of your favorite fictional characters

2. Give a small bios of the character. ie. history, powers/abilities.

3. Tell Why he/she is a favorite of yours.

it is, of course, allowed to post more than one character, but please keep it to 1 character for each post.

Edit: please keep the bios, to pure Facts(ie. things that can be Proven), and don't just quote various wiki's or other similar sites.

Guest Jason Redfield

Wow, this is convenient. I actually have an entire document dedicated to this purpose with the same basic format. I'll get around to posting them later.

Guest victim36

Lets start this off:

Snake-eyes

This former Army Ranger was unable to rejoin normal society after learning of the death of his family. He decided to visit his old friend Tommy Arashikage in Japan. He quickly rose through the ranks, becoming a star pupil. Tommy and Snake-eyes became sword brothers, consistenly pitted against one another to test their skills. One night Hard Master (Snake-eyes' master and Tommy's uncle) was assasinated, it appeared that Tommy had been the killer.

Snake-eyes left the clan, seeking solitude in the Sierra Mountains. When the G.I. Joe unit was created, Hawk approached Snake-eyes about coming onboard. Shortly after joining the team, the helicopter he was in crashed. Snake-eyes escaped uninjured, but found that Scarlett O'Hara was still stuck in the chopper. He went back into the burning wreckage and saved her. However, the helicopter's fuel lit his face on fire during the rescue. Both scarring his face and destroying his vocal chords.

He has since gone on to be the team's top solo commando, relying almost exculively on his ninja training. He posses no super powers, but has been shown to have above human abilities. He has run down a speed motorcycle, dodged bullets, destroyed combat droids with his bare hands, and has escpaed mind control.

I honestly can't tell you why I follow his comics with an almost religous dedication. Possibly the silent warrior mythos. Whatever the reason is, I have felt a deep connection to the character from the very first time I picked up a G.I. Joe comic with him in it.

Rocky Balboa.

An Italian-American boxer who grew up on the rough streets of Philadelphia, and was given a million to one shot chance when Apollo Creed had offered to give him a shot at the Heavyweight Title. Balboa, a local club fighter, was an unrefined boxer who was an underdog and was infamously known for his tremendous body shots. Trained by Mickey Goldmill, a former heavyweight contender and now trainer, Balboa took his shot at the title when he fought Apollo Creed in the Philadelphia Spectrum in 1976.

Rocky Balboa would come to have a re-match with Creed for the Heavyweight Title once more, and was much more active in his training with Mickey Goldmill. When Adrian Balboa was put in a coma after giving birth to their pre-mature son, Robert Balboa Jr., Rocky was unable to find the strength when he had come close to losing Adrian. When she came to, she had inspired him to take his shot at the title and win. Finding his new resolve through Adrian, Balboa trained harder than before and once more fought Creed for the title and after fifteen rounds, Balboa won the title.

Time and time again, Balboa has proved his worth in and outside of the ring, overcoming all of his troubles and proving that he has the heart of a true champion.

Rocky Balboa is a favorite of mine, because well... he is in my book, a true champion and for a long time, I've wanted to aspire to be that.

-Rakai'Thwei

Rocky Balboa.

An Italian-American boxer who grew up on the rough streets of Philadelphia, and was given a million to one shot chance when Apollo Creed had offered to give him a shot at the Heavyweight Title. Balboa, a local club fighter, was an unrefined boxer who was an underdog and was infamously known for his tremendous body shots. Trained by Mickey Goldmill, a former heavyweight contender and now trainer, Balboa took his shot at the title when he fought Apollo Creed in the Philadelphia Spectrum in 1976.

Rocky Balboa would come to have a re-match with Creed for the Heavyweight Title once more, and was much more active in his training with Mickey Goldmill. When Adrian Balboa was put in a coma after giving birth to their pre-mature son, Robert Balboa Jr., Rocky was unable to find the strength when he had come close to losing Adrian. When she came to, she had inspired him to take his shot at the title and win. Finding his new resolve through Adrian, Balboa trained harder than before and once more fought Creed for the title and after fifteen rounds, Balboa won the title.

Time and time again, Balboa has proved his worth in and outside of the ring, overcoming all of his troubles and proving that he has the heart of a true champion.

Rocky Balboa is a favorite of mine, because well... he is in my book, a true champion and for a long time, I've wanted to aspire to be that.

-Rakai'Thwei

i agree.

Tobias Fangor

before becoming the birdboy of the animorphs, he was just your average loser. He had no real family (his mother was blind and has amnesia and his father is the andalite war prince elfangor, who lives millions of light years away.), no friends, and his aunt and uncle treat him like a slave. he should not technicly exist as the ellimist ,a "god" in the animorphs universe, erased the timeline in which he was born. He does exist only because the ellimist decided Tobias would be needed for the war against crayak, another "god" in the animorphs universe.

Tobias is my favorite for a few reasons.

1. he reminds me of myself somewhat, being bullied often, and often daydreaming.

2. the sacrifice of his human life was very cool.

3. he knows what it's like to be both human, and animal.

4. his life really sucks, which somehow makes the character better.

Guest sirmethos

1. Remy LeBeau/Gambit

A. Remy was abandoned at birth and lived in the streets of New Orleans until he was picked up by the head of the Thieves Guild, Jean Luc LeBeau, who adopted him and trained him as a thief.

In order to forge an alliance with the Assassins Guild, Remy was married to Bella Donna Boudreaux, the heir of the Assassins guild, but after killing her brother in self-defense, after the brother challenged him to a duel he could not refuse, he was banished from New Orleans, in order to maintain peace between the two guilds, and started working freelance.

At one point, Remy lost control of his powers and blew up a movie theater, killing several hundred people, and got help from Nathaniel Essex(Mr. Sinister). Essex performed surgery on Remy and removed a part of his brain in order to reduce his power level, in return for helping him with his powers, Sinister made Gambit work for him.

After performing several jobs for Sinister, he was asked to gather a group of operatives for Sinister, this group became known as the Marauders.

Gambit was tasked with leading the Marauders into the Morlock Tunnels, and not knowing their true purpose he performed the job. On witnessing the Morlock Massacre, Gambit fought back and was nearly killed by Sabretooth, but managed to save one individual, a small girl named Sarah(later known as Marrow).

What happened in the time right after the Morlock Massacre is unknown, but Gambit eventually ran into a small girl named Ororo Munroe, who was running from soldiers controlled by the Shadow King. After spending some time(the exact timeframe is unknown, but somewhere between a few months, up to as long as half a year) in Cairo, training Ororo as a thief and working with her as a partner, Ororo eventually regained her memory and was revealed to be a member of the X-men named Storm.

The two returned to New York and Storm sponsored Gambits membership to the X-men.

Note: for now, i won't list his time with the X-men since anyone that reads X-men already knows about that. but if anyone feels a need for the extended bios, just let me know and i'll write the rest

B:

Full Potential Powers(before surgery):

Complete Control of Kinetic Energy: self-explanatory

Reduced Powers(after surgery):

Molecule Acceleration: Gambit takes the potential energy in an object and transforms it into Kinetic energy, causing the object to explode on impact. A limitation on this power is that he cannot use it on living beings, and needs to be in physical contact with the object to use his power.

Gambit can also use this power to increase the kinetic energy of an object. examples would be increasing the Kinetic Energy of a stone as he throws it, causing the stone to fly with much greater force than a normal human could muster, or charging his Adamantium Bo-staff, giving his blows enough force to level a good sized building.

Superhuman Agility: Self-explanatory

Hypnotic Charm: Gambit is capable of influencing the minds of others, making them more likely to believe what he says and making their attitude towards him more favorable.

Telepathic Defense: Gambits powers create an energy field around him that creates telepathic 'static noise', this makes it incredibly difficult for even powerful telepaths to enter his mind.

Kinetic Awareness: Gambits powers make him capable of sensing kinetic energy around him, this makes him able to know the position and movement of any objects within the radius of his awareness(the radius is unknown). an example of this, is Gambit sitting in the Basement of the X-Mansion with candles around him, he was able to sense Storm entering the basement, despite him sitting with his back to the entrance, and Storm having used her powers to make sure there was nothing to give her away(no wind movement, no sound, no shadows etc.). not only was he able to sense the presence of an individual, he was able to identify that Storm was the one to enter.

Skills: Gambit is an expert marksman, capable of throwing virtually any object with extreme precision. He is extremely skilled at Savate(french kick-boxing) and Bojutsu(Japanese martial art for Staff Fighting). in combat Gambit uses these, mixed with street fighting and acrobatics. Due to his powers Gambit is an acrobat of above Olympic level.

He is also an accomplished mechanic and pilot.

Gambit is also a certified Master Thief of the Thieves Guild, having obtained the rank of Master before reaching the age of 21.

Despite being seen as a 'symbol' of the 90's X-men, Gambit is one of my top favorites for a few reasons.

in certain aspects, he reminds me of myself, which makes it easy to relate to him, unlike most other 'superheroes'.

He has a pretty 'dark' past, which he tries to keep to himself, while trying to make up for it in his own way.

He is his own person, and refuses to compromise on that. he doesn't let the expectations of others turn him into something he's not, but expects people to accept him(or not accept him) as he is.

He 'masks' himself, keeping himself and his emotions 'hidden' behind a persona, appearing as a scoundrel that lives fast and large, to prevent people from getting too close.

it's difficult explaining why he is my favorite, but i've tried listing some of the main reasons.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Dark Prince

my favorite caracter is Goku when you name Goku you dont need to give a long detailed description becuz EVERYONE ON CBUB KNOWS WHO GOKU IS! seriously you cant get onto cbub without knowing who Goku is

Guest Jason Redfield

Eh, what the heck.

You'll notice my favorite characters have a theme. All of them are "good guys" and as a rule, they are not the main protagonist. They're supporting characters, as I've always found them more interesting and inspiring than the lead in any given piece of fiction.

Aragorn (Lord of the Rings) - So many reasons without the time to list them. Pretty self-explanatory.

Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet) - I hated reading this play in school, but this guy made it all worth it. I was a huge fan of Benvolio. He's noble and an active peacekeeper, without letting family bias interfere. Extra points for being capable of standing toe-to-toe with arguably the best swordsman in the city and being the only person of his generation to survive to the end of the play. IMO, he kind of got screwed with his disappearance in the latter portion of the story, which wasn't a fitting end to such an awesome character.

Mace Windu (Star Wars)

Rorschach (Watchmen)

James "Red" Atkins (Tears of the Sun) - Another awesome character that the majority of the people on this site probably don't even know about. He's interesting because he is a minor/supporting character in the film, but shows just as much, possibly more, character development as Bruce Willis' character. He starts the film as a jerk, but then genuinely starts caring about the Nigerians. He does heroic stuff all over the place (particularly in the final firefight), with him doing last stands all the way. He got shot and was assumed dead but STILL survived.

Arthur (Inception)

John Thoreau (The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail)

Bobby Singer (Supernatural)

Castiel (Supernatural) - I had mixed feelings regarding Cas for a while. But when he incinerated Crowley's remains out of nowhere in order to do a favor for Sam, he became awesome in my mind.

Niko Leandros (Cal Leandros Series)

Guerrero (Human Target)

Shane Walsh (The Walking Dead TV Series) - I would like to stress that I'm only a fan of his character in the first few episodes of the TV series. He's too much of a jerk later on. I see him as a tragic hero; even though Rick's appearance is inconvenient for him (to say the least), he still genuinely cares about the guy as a friend. His intervention against Daryll in the knife fight was awesome, not to mention him beating the crap out of Ed.

Watson (Sherlock Holmes Film) - The most recent film, that is.

Gustav Schultz (Prince of War Flash Game) - Brownie points to anyone who even knows who this guy is.

Zus and Asael Bielski (Defiance)

Detective Mercer (The Brave One)

Quentin Smith (A Nightmare on Elm Street [2010]) - This guy is just hardcore (spoilers ahead btw). He injects himself in the femoral with a full dose of straight-up epinephrine and shakes it off with a reaction that you'd expect from someone who just splashed their face with mildly cold water rather than a man who just injected a very potent, potentially hemorrhage-inducing chemical directly into a major blood vessel. Aside from that, he's seemingly impossible to kill. He gets his head slammed against a metal pipe repeatedly, his chest slashed open in four different places, impaled through the torso, and back-handed across the room, yet he doesn't die and keeps coming back to fight Freddy again and again.

Hudson (Call of Duty Black Ops)