Lilandra Neramani vs. Agent L
MATCH SCORE
Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Writer's Challenge #2!

IKA

Writer's challenge returns once again!

Reminder of this will work:

On 10/10/22 I will Update this with a topic to use as a baseline for you write up, this will be the base of your setup!

Ex: Change of Heart from our first writer's challenge.

You will then have until 11/01/22 to make a write up using that as your baseline. The characters you use do not matter, it's all about the write-up here. 

You must write One (1) match and only that one will count during this time, YOU are responsible for posting a links to YOUR write up in the comments below for it to count. 

The person with the highest score will win, should there be a tie we will have a tie breaker to be resolved the following month.

I will use my discretion to decide if a rating was given in an attempt to sabotage a score, as well if a score was given to give someone an unfair advantage. 

The winner will receive a $25 Virtual Visa Gift code. (Sorry Amazon decided I can't buy gift cards outside my country and deleted my account, so a Visa will have to do.)

If it's anything like last time, competition will be tough!

Shout out to the winner of the 1st writer's Challenge - Culwych1 with his write up of 
Lt. Ellen Ripley vs. Han Solo

If you have any questions please comment below, thanks!

4 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Ooh what's the theme this time? I couldn't come up with anything last competition that I liked.

Theme will be revealed on the 10th.

I hope to find time. Start of the school year has been hectic. I should have taken Kirk's advice from Generations. "Don't let them promote you."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The theme for the challenge will be - "Survival".

The write up MUST include the following to qualify:

1: A Character in a desperate fight to survive, the odds are stacked against them, a loss will cost their life and maybe even more!

2: This is NOT just a fight, this is life or death - Zombies, Serial Killers, war, or just good ol' natural disasters, a fight for survival here is what counts.

3: The Competitor does not matter, the focus will be on the character who is fighting for their life. The type of competition does not matter as long as their life is on the line. 

I will personally be reading and judging EVERY entrant and will give bonus points for the following:

Originality - Have I seen your reason used before. 

Unexpected  - Can I see this character being in this situation?

Quality writing - Above all, the write up must keep me engaged, if everything in the challenge is there but your writing is not, you will lose points.

I will also be giving constructive criticism to every write up, if I appear nit picky, that means you did a good job and I'm looking for faults - try to give me nothing to complain about :)

May the best story win!

Survivors vs Locales may be a spot people want to look. All I know is not Ash or Judge Dredd vs the Event Horizon.

2 hours ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

Does it need to be one character fighting for their lives, or can it be a group?

It's can be a group as long as Survival is the key theme. 

• Like 1

Let's hope others find the time for and haven't forgotten about this.

I actually have a match that's close to done that I meant to submit for last year's Halloween tournament, and it just might work here.  

Hey, @IKA. Don't know if you're lurking ATM, but does this challenge officially end at the stroke of midnight at your location tonight, or can matches be submitted throughout the day of 11/1?

I'm quite close to finishing mine, and I think I can get it done tonight. If the former is the case, though, it's just my screw-up. 

Also entering at the 11th hour. End of the quarter and a dead mobo made this a tough deadline for me. Looking forward to reading everyone's once I'm finished with report cards.

Alright, here we go. My first entry for a challenge or tourney in, wow, a decade! Enjoy!

Man, just a couple of days before I submitted my match, this drops on YouTube. 😅

Any chance the match had at making the top of Google's search list just went out the window. 😛 

Gotta say, the relative lack of comments on matches lately is kind of disappointing. The last four Challenge entries in particular have only had comments from two users each aside from the matchmakers themselves. At this point, my entry is the only one that hasn't closed yet. I know we're all busy to some extent, but ... 

Anyways, as usual for Challenges and Tournaments, the winner of this contest will have his/her entry moved to the CBUB Hall of Fame and also have it copy/pasted to the Outstanding Match Set-ups thread.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, DSkillz said:

Gotta say, the relative lack of comments on matches lately is kind of disappointing.

Yeah I apologize, I picked up a 3rd job to help keep this website alive. After work and coding it doesn't give me much time to read and comment. I try to get it on the weekends but I was smashed all weekend this time. 

8 hours ago, IKA said:

Yeah I apologize, I picked up a 3rd job to help keep this website alive. After work and coding it doesn't give me much time to read and comment. I try to get it on the weekends but I was smashed all weekend this time. 

Wow! Three Jobs! I appreciate the hard work that you do to keep the site running.

• Thanks 1

Sorry everyone, been a very busy week, I will be posting the ratings tomorrow!

In the mean time I just want to also tease I do have something special in the works for everyone :)

Starting this month we will be doing a Writer's tournament - more details on that will also be posted tomorrow! 

• Like 2