Princess Leia Organa vs. Stella Star
MATCH SCORE
Princess Leia Organa: 5
Stella Star: 2

Match 13882 Maki Genryusai vs. Talim

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XVII

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/hzh90/b254c71c4fdd2e1539c0fde68beef23f.jpg?v=186690

Robert Garcia and the fortune teller, Rose, walked through the streets of Metro City looking for Guy's dojo. The wind was so fierce that they continually had to shield their eyes.

"I remember Terry Bogard telling me about Metro City once," said Robert. "He told me it was a great place to train because there is always fighting going on in the streets."

"From everything I've heard about this place, he is not wrong," said Rose.

Robert pulled out his phone. "Hey it's Benimaru. Hopefully he has good news."

"How did it go?" asked Robert.

"The guy with the glowing werewolf spirit showed up just like she said he would," Benimaru informed. (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. Z.W.E.I.) "I was able to beat him, but just barely. He took nearly everything I had and kept coming at me. If these are the kind of fights we have to look forward to, we are going to have our hands full."

"At least we are winning so far. I am in Metro City right now with Rose. We are here to pick up some dude named Guy. Where are you at right now?"

"I'm heading back home with this fighter as my prisoner. I'm going to meet up with Athena there. Together with Chizuru, we are going to do our best to seal him up and the one Rose fought until this whole ordeal is over," said Benimaru.

"Sounds good. I'll fill in Rose on the details. Safe travels, my man."

"You too."

Robert hung up his phone and smiled. "Good news from Italy...."

"Hold on a second," Rose interrupted. "We are here."

"Are we going to do that great smoky entrance like you did at the pub?" asked Robert.

Rose shook her head no. Robert sighed. They entered the dojo and found Guy in mid argument with fellow bushinryu practitioner, Maki Genryusai.

"Why haven't I been invited to another World Warrior tournament?" Maki questioned. "I'm easily one of the strongest fighters in the world."

"I don't know, Maki. I am not in charge of the invitations," answered Guy.

"It is a travesty," said Maki. "I promise you this, Guy. I will train to no end and they will be forced to let me in their silly tournament. I will win it and I will defeat you along the way to become the 40th bushinryu grand master!"

Guy smirked. "I look forward to the challenge."

The two suddenly noticed the presence of Rose and Robert Garcia.

"Rose! What are you doing here?" Guy declared.

"I need your help, Guy. There are so few I can turn to. There is an evil sword of great power that has

long been dormant. Now, several people are trying to unleash it back upon this world. People including the likes of M. Bison," Rose explained.

Guy gritted his teeth at the sound of Bison's name.

"We must locate the sword and protect it from all those who wish to use its dark power," said Rose.

"I will assist in any way I can," Guy promised.

"I was hoping you would say that. We must hurry, with each passing moment men are getting closer to that sword with malicious intent. We still need to get Zafira and Ryu to help our defense."

"Perhaps we should pay Cody a visit and see if he is interested," Guy suggested.

Rose appeared doubtful. "I understand that you two share a history, but I see a much bleaker future than you do where he is concerned."

"I will not give up on him," Guy insisted.

"He is quite strong," Rose reasoned. "I suppose it would not hurt to ask."

"Did you see any more fighters like the ones that traveled to Italy coming after us in your visions?" asked Robert.

Rose nodded. "Yes, I do. Which is another reason why we need to be quick."

"We will leave right way," said Guy. He turned to Maki. "Are you coming?"

"Oh, I am invited as well?"

"Of course you are," said Guy.

Maki declined. "Thanks, but babysitting an old sword sounds like a horrible waste of my time, I need something more active. Besides, I need to train before the next World Warrior tournament."

"It is not the nature of our clan to ignore evil," Guy reminded.

"Who is ignoring it? I fight it out on those streets everyday!"

"Very well. Until we meet again, Maki."

Guy left the dojo with Rose and Robert Garcia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Untitled-5.jpg

Talim felt it. She knew the others must feel it as well. Everyone who was there that fateful day with

Siegfried, when they all agreed to take a small portion of Soul Edge into their bodies. (REF: ROSE VS. VIOLA) They all must be feeling it. The dread, the certainty, that Soul Edge would soon resurface.

The shard of the cursed sword in her soul nudged her to travel to Japan, but the winds were leading her elsewhere. Talim was so excited to be able to control and read the winds again. Her ability to do so had seemingly disappeared after she took in part of Soul Edge. It was as if nature had abandoned her in judgment of her decision to go along with Siegfried's plan. It was a devastating price, but Talim felt vindication in her decision from the simple fact that Soul Edge had remained hidden for centuries. The fact that this amazing ability was returning to her now spoke to the apprehension that nature itself felt about the reappearance of Soul Edge.

The winds led Talim to Italy, where she picked up a name, Rose, and then to the United States, to a place called Metro City. Talim did not know who this Rose person was, but felt it was her duty to find her and talk to her. Talim hoped the winds were leading her to a person who could help Talim come up with a peaceful solution to the upcoming disaster. Talim shuddered when she thought of the blood shed caused by Soul Edge's last appearance and wanted desperately to find a different way this time around.

A strong gust of wind blew open the doors of a dojo as Talim walked past it. She entered in and saw a blonde woman training alone.

Maki glanced over at Talim. "Can I help you?"

"Yes you can. I'm looking for a woman named Rose," said Talim.

"Is that right?" Maki eyed the dual elbow blades that Talim was traveling with and Robert's words

about fighters coming after he and Rose played in her head. "Not exactly what I expected. Traveled a great distance, have you?"

"Yes. Is she here?"

"Afraid not." Maki lifted up her tonfas. "Those elbow blades look nice, but a bit old fashioned for my taste. Then again, I've always been more of a tonfa girl myself."

"Please. I don't wish to fight. I just need to find Rose," said Talim.

"Then we must fight. Because there is no way I'm letting you get to her or Guy," Maki said emphatically.

Guest KibaxHinata

Curse you for making me pick between my favorite Final Fight character and Soul Calibur character (laugh)!

In terms of combat, Maki's a good hit-and-run fighter, able to close in distances and make them quickly. Talim would have to keep up with her but can easily dodge as well, one of her moves alone can make her dodge than attack if timed correctly. Also, Talim would do everything in her power to keep from killing Maki but Maki's more ruthless and even if she refuses to kill Talim, she wouldn't stop without beating her down. Theres also the weapons; Talim's bladed tonfas between Maki's normal tonfa automaticaly gives Talim the edge.

Weapon - Talim

Style - Either way

Bloodlust - Maki

Cutscene Power to the Max - Talim seeing as she can apparantly revive the dead.

Experince - Maki

Combo potential - Maki

In the end, the winner in my opinion would be Maki.

Guest Magickal

This would be a cool, fast paced fight! I'll go with Maki here do to experience and intensity.

Another good story and matchup, Johnny. 

Based on physical prowess along, Maki and Talim seem just about even. Talim seems to have more raw power, but she also seems reluctant to even fight per the set-up. Against Maki's relentless aggression, this may probably cost her.