Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Video Games

Guest Magnus

It's not that it's confusing, it's that there are a lot of layers on there and some of the subtler stuff takes a while to sink in. The implication that

Booker is essentially an alternate universe version of Jack

just hit me now, for example.

But yeah, I didn't find it confusing myself, but I can see how some people would. They throw a lot at you in the last ten minutes, and the final scene (not including post-credits) makes it all seem very depressing, even though it's a fairly positive ending overall, if bittersweet.

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

It's not that it's confusing, it's that there are a lot of layers on there and some of the subtler stuff takes a while to sink in. The implication that

Booker is essentially an alternate universe version of Jack

just hit me now, for example.

But yeah, I didn't find it confusing myself, but I can see how some people would. They throw a lot at you in the last ten minutes, and the final scene (not including post-credits) makes it all seem very depressing, even though it's a fairly positive ending overall, if bittersweet.

It actually goes just beyond that! I mean think of it this way...

Lutece tells you there are always constants in the Bioshock Multiverse. Example the coin flip at the beginning of the game is always heads. Elizabeth explains to you that there is "always a lighthouse, a city and a girl." So we can easily make the following parallels

Booker is some alternate version of Jack

Comstock is an alternate version of Andrew Ryan

Lutece is an alternate version of Dr. Tennenbaum

Elizabeth is an alternate to the little sisters (added fun, look up an image of Elizabeth and a Little Sister and note the similarities in how they dress)

Songbird is alternate Big Daddy as being guardians

So the constants go beyond simply the city, lighthouse and girl (or girls.) It's really neat and it makes me wonder if Levine will continue to explore the infinite possibilities of the Bishock multiverse and start to bridge them in someway.

Guest deojusto

It actually goes just beyond that! I mean think of it this way...

Lutece tells you there are always constants in the Bioshock Multiverse. Example the coin flip at the beginning of the game is always heads. Elizabeth explains to you that there is "always a lighthouse, a city and a girl." So we can easily make the following parallels

Booker is some alternate version of Jack

Comstock is an alternate version of Andrew Ryan

Lutece is an alternate version of Dr. Tennenbaum

Elizabeth is an alternate to the little sisters (added fun, look up an image of Elizabeth and a Little Sister and note the similarities in how they dress)

Songbird is alternate Big Daddy as being guardians

So the constants go beyond simply the city, lighthouse and girl (or girls.) It's really neat and it makes me wonder if Levine will continue to explore the infinite possibilities of the Bishock multiverse and start to bridge them in someway.

What did you guys think of

the little playable scene at the end of the credits with Booker back in his office. Does it somehow override the ending itself a bit since Booker's alive again and seems to remember the events of the game?

What did you guys think of

the little playable scene at the end of the credits with Booker back in his office. Does it somehow override the ending itself a bit since Booker's alive again and seems to remember the events of the game?

Personally...

I think it's just a mandated "happy ending" type easter egg and the excuse for it being in the game is the fact that the world has been set up to have an infinite number of possibilities. it's kind of a cop out but I also think the Bioshock multiverse is purposefully designed to have no real hard and fast rules to allow for thoughtful story telling should they continue to explore other realities.

Well, the way I took it was...

That the Booker we see at the end isn't actually the same one we've been playing as... but at the same time, it is. Since Elizabeth had the playable Booker take the place of one of (presumably the "original") the Comstock Bookers that took the baptism, moments before the baptism was given, it simply wiped the Comstocks of the multiverse from existence. In the Playable Booker's universe, he still said no and walked away, while in Comstock's universe, he was replaced by an older Playable Booker and drowned before the choice could be made. So basically, the Booker DeWitts of the multiverse kept on existing, while only the Comstocks were completely wiped out.

However, because Comstock affected playable Booker's life in a profound way by jumping into his timeline and stealing his kid, Playable Booker's life was completely rewritten following Wounded Knee-- because Comstock never existed, Anna was never stolen. So basically, we're left with a 20-year-old Playable Booker and Anna in the post-credits scene. Anna is gonna grow up to be Anna, not Elizabeth, and Booker is never going to fall into depression and alcoholism or go to Columbia to get her back, because Columbia doesn't exist. Elizabeth and the Booker we played as throughout the game are effectively dead, Elizabeth having been wiped from existence and Booker having drowned, and we're left with versions of them from twenty years ago, before Comstock showed up and started screwing things over. How their lives go down after that is left to our imagination, I guess.

Okay, I have no idea if I'm making any sense whatsoever to you guys, but it makes sense to me. I read an article that explained this in greater detail, so I could always link to that.

Guest Shockwave

So, Xbox releases their system to the public, and Sony's stock goes up?  Do Xbox players really hate the Xbox One?

Guest force_echo

Yes. Yes they do. Maybe having to pay fees to buy preowned games has something to do with it.

Guest bigballerju

Playstation 3 seemed to always have problems online. I think if I  ever feel like buying a new version of one of the systems in the future I would stick with Xbox. I do agree XBOX charges for everything which is annoying. However they tend to have great discounts on games after a good while.

By the way Batman Arkham Origins still hasn't gotten me interested with the new trailers regarding the story which is why I liked the previous two games. Give me gameplay and more about the story in the next trailer. I miss Rocksteady already...

However they tend to have great discounts on games after a good while.

If you think that then you probably haven't checked out Playstation Plus over the last year. Seriously it's like one of the best deals in gaming and if the next xbox live charges and DOESN'T offer what Playstation Plus did microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot.

When they finally revealed how the X Box One looked I'm just finally relieved that Microsoft has finally revealed their intentions for entering the "video game" market in the first place. All the experiments (Xbox Live, The New X Box Experience, The discounted X Box program with a lengthy X Box live subscription and Kinect) haven't been about games, but about content delivery. The Xbox One is nothing more than a Trojan horse to take over the living room. I'm pretty sure the reason why the price hasn't been revealed is the fact they're waiting for Sony to announce whatever so they can drop the bomb that you can own an X Box One for a hundred bucks if you sign like a 3 year contract with certain cable providers. The things looks like a DVR, it's designed to be seamless with your home theater components and I think it was done VERY intentionally. 

Add to that all the other ill conceived things like killing used games, the always on kinect camera (creepy) and the lack of anything shown that was video game related and it's easy to understand the backlash.

Guest force_echo

Are you kidding me? That Batman trailer was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I watched it three times in a row.

Guest deojusto

It also seems to give pretty clear hints as to the story line, just nothing that would spoil the surprise. Black Mask is the big bad, he is actively trying to assassinate Bats, and Deathsword McNo-depth-perception is a playable character. Sure actual gameplay would be huge, but a lot of the trailers for A-City were the same thing, visa vi the Dr. Strange trailer with his Tyger guards. They were also pretty vague about the whole plot as I recall, though it's been awhile since I've seen them.  

The thing that worries me is that its a prequel, which may mean that rather then give us new gadgets, they take them away. I want my target jammer, and I need my grapnel boost. Historically bats won't have one at this point since he didn't have one at the asylum and only finished testing it part way through A-city, but flying around via gliding would drive me insane if the world is as big as, or bigger than, A-City.  

Guest force_echo

He used it in the trailer so I think he has it. Maybe he was improving a version with more range or power in Arkham City.

Guest deojusto

He used it in the trailer so I think he has it. Maybe he was improving a version with more range or power in Arkham City.

I hope so. Even if they don't explain why he has it it the prequel and just give it to him without any comment, I don't care. I'm fine with that anachronism. I am not gliding everywhere like a friggin kite after already having the ability to be super-kite.

Guest Jason Redfield

Bioshock's never interested me, alas. Too bad, because objectively it seems like a great game.

As much as I hate to admit it, it's starting to look more and more like I'll end up getting the new Splinter Cell. I mean it completely eviscerates the already-mutilated original spirit of the game and all, but I'm willing to look past that since the gameplay looks like it might be quite fun indeed.

Watch Dogs still seems like a game to watch.

Okay, I'm getting a ton of backlash over the release of new info on the Xbox One. Is that going to effect any of your decisions on buying the console?

What's going to affect my decision is these 14 exclusive titles they harp about with the 8 new IPs.

Guest Shockwave

So now that Nintendo and Sega are working together, can I expect Mario to appear in the next Sonic game and vice-versa?

Guest Incredible Hulk

So now that Nintendo and Sega are working together, can I expect Mario to appear in the next Sonic game and vice-versa?

A single crossover (whatever gene the typical games of both are) game between the would be cool to have. Mario and Sonic have already met in 4 different video games but a adventure/action (or whatever game genre they both are) would be a great game

Guest silversurfer092

Hey deojusto, go read an article on Arkham Origins. Seriously, I'm pretty sure they've addressed all the problems you brought up. That trailer has me too excited for Origins. Just knowing that Deathstroke is going to be playable and an actual villain along with Black Mask, Deadshot, and other super assassins, I'm too excited.

Guest bigballerju

Okay I read like two ign articles on Batman Arkham Origins since they got to try the game out and it looks like it's going to be very good. I have a feeling we got some great surprises in this game since the article mentioned most wanted DC villains. I love the weather system the game has and the open world enviroment. It takes place in Gotham so it's way bigger. Fighting in a snowy Gotham and taking out criminals in such a weather will be nice.

The thing that has me most interested is this Most Wanted system where you can hunt and take down other villains separate from the main story. They already named one of them in the article and he makes sense since it takes place earlier in Batman's career. That sounds very interesting and could make the game more fun even after you beat the many story. The articles I looked at:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/20/exploring-combat-upgrades-and-gotham-in-batman-arkham-origins

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/20/batman-arkham-origins-is-a-blast-from-the-past

Oh by the way people are right about Microsoft. I'm not buying a new system and having to pay all that shit on top of it in addition to $60 games.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Xbox 360 is going to be my last console.  After reading about Xbox One, I am switching to PC.

Guest bigballerju

Microsoft is going to make Sony a lot of money if they don't get rid of all those fee's for XBOX One. I'm still annoyed PS3 owners get free games and shit.