Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Video Games

Guest Magnus

Guest TheJ0ke

So LA Noir is coming out tomorrow, at least for the US. Thoughts? Impressions?

This reminds me... why the hell do nearly all games come out on Tuesday (my least favorite day of the week after Monday)?!? Also, why the hell do nearly all games come out just as school is kicking off?!?

So LA Noir is coming out tomorrow, at least for the US. Thoughts? Impressions?

This reminds me... why the hell do nearly all games come out on Tuesday (my least favorite day of the week after Monday)?!? Also, why the hell do nearly all games come out just as school is kicking off?!?

That just seems to be the day everything's released except on rare occasions. I don't know who decided Tuesday was a good day to release games, music, movies, etc., but Friday would be better you'd think. As for them coming out when school's starting, I'd say Christmas sales has something to do with that. On LA Noir, I don't know anything about it beyond the TV preview. Is it supposed to be good?

Very late, (2 years to be exact) but I bought Assassin's Creed 2, and it is awesome!

Guest TheJ0ke
That just seems to be the day everything's released except on rare occasions. I don't know who decided Tuesday was a good day to release games, music, movies, etc., but Friday would be better you'd think. As for them coming out when school's starting, I'd say Christmas sales has something to do with that. On LA Noir, I don't know anything about it beyond the TV preview. Is it supposed to be good?

Meh, well I can understand the November and late October releases since that is when the holiday season starts to kick off but late August and September? That just makes no sense to me.

Very late, (2 years to be exact) but I bought Assassin's Creed 2, and it is awesome!

AC2=AC1+tons of fine tuning+ability to F@&%#!G swim

Seriously, what the hell was that Ubisoft? Making you drown the instant you touch water when a third of one city's explorable area is ocean?!?

Which reminds me, apparently Ubisoft is getting all cheapo franchise extending on AC and milking all the existing graphics and sounds for all they're worth before having to pay artists to make new models. There's another upcoming installment in the Ezio arc (which I'm really sick of BTW), Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

This reminds me... why the hell do nearly all games come out on Tuesday[?]

For the same reason books and albums come out on Tuesdays. Sales reports begin counting on Tuesdays. Thus, it's most advantageous to release them on that day, so there's a full week of purchasing before the next sales report comes out.

For the same reason books and albums come out on Tuesdays. Sales reports begin counting on Tuesdays. Thus, it's most advantageous to release them on that day, so there's a full week of purchasing before the next sales report comes out.

I figured there had to be a reason.

Guest Dragix
These AC2 feathers are driving me nuts. I have maps showing where they are, but I missed one and had to go through the whole sequence again. <_< Thankfully, I found it. :D

same thing about the Hieroglyphics but after 3 days ive found 7 of them and it is making me mad

same thing about the Hieroglyphics but after 3 days ive found 7 of them and it is making me mad

I haven't started looking for those yet. I think there's map for those too though. Hopefully, they won't be as hard as these feathers have been.

So right now, I'm on WWE All Stars. A refreshing change of pace from Smackdown VS. Raw. If you like old school wrestling games or maybe even just old school fighting games, I say give it at least a rent. After I'm done with it, next I'll play will be LA. Noir.

On another note, and I am NOT trying to ignite a flame war, but is it just me, or is PS3 getting all the exclusives on the mulit-platform games lately? Kratos in PS3, Stream on Portal 2, An exclusive case on LA. Noir, etc. At least for all the games I've been playing, the PS3 version is the way to go. Course, Mass Effect 3 is best on the 360 for obvious reasons and I probably haven't noticed the exclusives for the 360.

*wipes sweat from brow* After 26 hours playtime, (not that long for me) I finally finished finding all feathers and glyphs in AC2. All that's left is the last 3 portions of the story, and I will have completed this one. Phew. Fun though. :D

*wipes sweat from brow* After 26 hours playtime, (not that long for me) I finally finished finding all feathers and glyphs in AC2. All that's left is the last 3 portions of the story, and I will have completed this one. Phew. Fun though. :D

Good, now you have to do the exact same thing in Brotherhood, where the map is twice as large.

Have fun.

Guest TheJ0ke

Hmm, ok then that makes sense. Not knowing anyone who works in the sales industry in any shape or form, I never knew that before.

:D IGN better have roadmaps for that one too then.

Meh, well I think AVP might have given you the wrong idea there. AC:B does indeed have a gigantic map. However, you should also keep in mind that nearly all of the action takes place in a single city, Rome, so it actually probably comes out to roughly the same amount of land. Whereas in AC2 you explored several different cities, in AC:B you're stuck in one for all but a few segments of the game.

Meh, well I think AVP might have given you the wrong idea there. AC:B does indeed have a gigantic map. However, you should also keep in mind that nearly all of the action takes place in a single city, Rome, so it actually probably comes out to roughly the same amount of land. Whereas in AC2 you explored several different cities, in AC:B you're stuck in one for all but a few segments of the game.

Aww, That's kinda a downer. I liked the visiting of different cities. Although, they don't look that much different from each other... I'll probably still need a map, but after getting nothing for finding the feathers other than a cape that attracts attention, I'm not sure if I'll go through with it again. I never found the maps in the first one either because all they give you is achievement points.

Guest TheJ0ke
Aww, That's kinda a downer. I liked the visiting of different cities. Although, they don't look that much different from each other... I'll probably still need a map, but after getting nothing for finding the feathers other than a cape that attracts attention, I'm not sure if I'll go through with it again. I never found the maps in the first one either because all they give you is achievement points.

Heh, well I'm one of those people who are usually absolutely anal (Awww, did I say a crude word? Tough crap! :D) about doing everything possible in the first play-though of a game, and even I didn't do that. I mean really, it would just serve no purpose other than to get a meaningless little achievement, a boost to my already depressingly high gamerscore (in my defense it's mostly because of all the RPGs), and a nice round number.

Then again, I swear that I'm like borderline OCD about nice round numbers so there you go. I basically just got lazy or as I prefer to think of it, I came to my senses.

Heh, well I'm one of those people who are usually absolutely anal (Awww, did I say a crude word? Tough crap! :D) about doing everything possible in the first play-though of a game, and even I didn't do that. I mean really, it would just serve no purpose other than to get a meaningless little achievement, a boost to my already depressingly high gamerscore (in my defense it's mostly because of all the RPGs), and a nice round number.

Then again, I swear that I'm like borderline OCD about nice round numbers so there you go. I basically just got lazy or as I prefer to think of it, I came to my senses.

Some games achievement point distribution is a pain in the ass. I have 12 out of 22 achievements for Eternal Sonata, yet the score is like 120G. That to me is kind of annoying, and doesn't really reflect that I completed over half of the game. But yeah, I try to complete games if I think I can.