X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Video Games

Guest Magnus

Guest Joecorp

The problem with PC is that consoles get waaaaay more games a year than the PC. It seems like a lot of developers have given up on the PC considering the fact that very few of the games I bought this year also came out on the PC.

The problem with PC is that consoles get waaaaay more games a year than the PC. It seems like a lot of developers have given up on the PC considering the fact that very few of the games I bought this year also came out on the PC.

But PC games are cheaper especially on Steam. Also if PC dies, consoles dies because games are made on PC first and then on consoles. But thats like the only con for PC.

Yes they are if you max them out or get a very good gaming laptop. I game on a ASUS G60VX and I love. That laptop out competes both my 360 and PS3.

The graphic card is great. The hardware is great. Windows 7 is like the best gaming platform. I have a lot of storage. Also it is very easy for me to mod on GTA IV.

I can connect my Laptop to a Tv and also use my wired 360 controller as a controller for my PC. Gameplay is better on a PC and graphics are way better on PC.

Also PC games are way cheaper.

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo's licensing and publishing costs drive inevitably up the cost of every single game released, and even pre-owned games tend to be far pricier than the PC equivalent.

Also most PC games you wouldnt be able to play on console because consoles wouldnt be able to handle a PC game ie crysis,Microsoft Flight, Mass Effect. In order for developers to even make a PC game go to a console, they would have to dumb down the game and make a lot of disc in order for the game to play on a console ie Crysis 2.

But its just my opinion.

I'd rather have a unit that's solely and only solely for my gaming. So I can focus it all on only that. If I wanted a computer, I'd use it for other things such as internet, Microsoft Word, email, etc. Both, I have.

I really don't care about the graphics. Unless its along the lines of being so poorly done compared to other graphics seen then I'd care. Windows 7, I've yet to try but I don't care for. I've plenty of storage on my computer and I've already put a smorgasbord into it. It can definitely handle gaming operations. Its just that, it'll take away too much resources for the other needed, necessary things such as my firewall, anti-virus and malware operations, the programs I use daily on it, and whatnot. I can connect my computer to my television and my 360 too via Windows Media Center. Not really a big deal. Same goes for a 360 controller.

No, this is not true, I've seen PC games in the same section as PS3 and 360 games. They are not cheaper. They are within the same range. But then again, it might be different where you live.

Last I checked, you can play Mass Effect on 360. Also, Crysis 2 is going to be on 360. I also heard that Crysis was very demanding for computers in terms of requirements, and that even if you had the best stuff available... it was poor. No, they would not need to dumb it down. More disk space required, yes, but that would be until then Microsoft gets its head out of its ass and switches over to the same make that the PS3 uses for the storage of their games.

Just my opinion.

Guest Joecorp
But PC games are cheaper especially on Steam. Also if PC dies, consoles dies because games are made on PC first and then on consoles. But thats like the only con for PC.

I don't mean the PC's themselves dying, I meant PC games.

Thats true, I got AvP 2000 Classic for €2.99 on Steam, and its a great game.

Um... It's 10 years old... I'm sure you could get it in the 10¢ bin at a used game store for your console.

Guest force_echo
Yes they are if you max them out or get a very good gaming laptop. I game on a ASUS G60VX and I love. That laptop out competes both my 360 and PS3.

The graphic card is great. The hardware is great. Windows 7 is like the best gaming platform. I have a lot of storage. Also it is very easy for me to mod on GTA IV.

I can connect my Laptop to a Tv and also use my wired 360 controller as a controller for my PC. Gameplay is better on a PC and graphics are way better on PC.

Also PC games are way cheaper.

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo's licensing and publishing costs drive inevitably up the cost of every single game released, and even pre-owned games tend to be far pricier than the PC equivalent.

Also most PC games you wouldnt be able to play on console because consoles wouldnt be able to handle a PC game ie crysis,Microsoft Flight, Mass Effect. In order for developers to even make a PC game go to a console, they would have to dumb down the game and make a lot of disc in order for the game to play on a console ie Crysis 2.

But its just my opinion.

Do you know how expensive it is to max out a PC compared to a console? The graphic card for an Xbox 360 costs 300 dollars for the computer. Thats twice as expensive as the entire Xbox itself. PS3 has an even better graphics card so it would be even more expensive to try and match a PS3.

Window 7 sucks. they basically stole off Apple's operating system.

PC games are not cheaper at all, they are in the same range.

Since when is Mass Effect PC exclusive?

An Xbox/PS3 are made solely for gaming, you have to do other stuff on a PC, its just not as seamless as an Xbox or a PS3. The new Xbox 360 Elite I have outclasses a PC in every way, graphics, pure gaming power, stuff like that.

Um... It's 10 years old... I'm sure you could get it in the 10¢ bin at a used game store for your console.

That's a load of crap...

Halo CE is 10 years old and it's still approx. $20.

For those of us who don't have the cash to spend $60 on Halo: Reach and CoD Black Ops, older games are a great alternative. Most of 'em have better stories than all of these mindless shooters on the market nowadays.

And anyway, in my local video game store the Collector's Edition for Medal of Honor is $40 for the PC.

It's $99 for the PS3.

PC games are FAR cheaper than their console counterparts.

Guest Joecorp
That's a load of crap...

Halo CE is 10 years old and it's still approx. $20.

For those of us who don't have the cash to spend $60 on Halo: Reach and CoD Black Ops, older games are a great alternative. Most of 'em have better stories than all of these mindless shooters on the market nowadays.

And anyway, in my local video game store the Collector's Edition for Medal of Honor is $40 for the PC.

It's $99 for the PS3.

PC games are FAR cheaper than their console counterparts.

Prices depend on where you live. Looking up prices here in Canada, the PC version of Halo CE is $20 while the Xbox version is $10.

Whoever said PC's weren't getting any games is smoking something, they get waaaay more than any one console. And, as has been said before, certain games work better on different set ups. Yes, Halo wars was a functional RTS, but star craft was a good rts (just one example), and games like dragon age and knights of the old republic are built for pc first (and are much easier to play than their console brethren). But something like, say, assassins creed on the pc is much more clunky on a pc. Of course, with a pc you can just plug in a controller. So, imo, pc's are better

Guest Joecorp
Whoever said PC's weren't getting any games is smoking something, they get waaaay more than any one console. And, as has been said before, certain games work better on different set ups. Yes, Halo wars was a functional RTS, but star craft was a good rts (just one example), and games like dragon age and knights of the old republic are built for pc first (and are much easier to play than their console brethren). But something like, say, assassins creed on the pc is much more clunky on a pc. Of course, with a pc you can just plug in a controller. So, imo, pc's are better

I don't know, it just seems like the PC doesn't get as many exclusives as it used to.

That being said, I am sooooo excited for Diablo III.

I don't know, it just seems like the PC doesn't get as many exclusives as it used to.

That being said, I am sooooo excited for Diablo III.

Hey Joe, were the Diablo games any good? And do you know if they would on a Vista?

Guest Joecorp
Hey Joe, were the Diablo games any good? And do you know if they would on a Vista?

Diablo 1 and 2 are both great games. I'm not 100% positve, but I'm pretty sure they would run on Vista.

Guest Joecorp
Hey, I know this sounds out of place, but who else here thinks that Gamecube and orginal XBOX should have lived on longer?

The Gamecube is still one of my favourite consoles ever. Very underrated IMO.

Aww...the only thing I liked about the Gamecube was Paper Mario TTYD, SSBM, and the game which let you play all of the Zelda games and even a little demo of Windmaker.

I'd rather have a unit that's solely and only solely for my gaming. So I can focus it all on only that. If I wanted a computer, I'd use it for other things such as internet, Microsoft Word, email, etc. Both, I have.

I really don't care about the graphics. Unless its along the lines of being so poorly done compared to other graphics seen then I'd care. Windows 7, I've yet to try but I don't care for. I've plenty of storage on my computer and I've already put a smorgasbord into it. It can definitely handle gaming operations. Its just that, it'll take away too much resources for the other needed, necessary things such as my firewall, anti-virus and malware operations, the programs I use daily on it, and whatnot. I can connect my computer to my television and my 360 too via Windows Media Center. Not really a big deal. Same goes for a 360 controller.

No, this is not true, I've seen PC games in the same section as PS3 and 360 games. They are not cheaper. They are within the same range. But then again, it might be different where you live.

Last I checked, you can play Mass Effect on 360. Also, Crysis 2 is going to be on 360. I also heard that Crysis was very demanding for computers in terms of requirements, and that even if you had the best stuff available... it was poor. No, they would not need to dumb it down. More disk space required, yes, but that would be until then Microsoft gets its head out of its ass and switches over to the same make that the PS3 uses for the storage of their games.

Just my opinion.

True. But did I say ME was PC exclusive, I said it is way better on PC.

But my computer game take any game I throw at it. So I can pla Crysis with ease and also the gameplay and graphics on Crysis 2 will be better on PC. Trust PC is cheaper and our service is free, our DLC is free(yet M$ once tried to make us pay :) ).

I too use windows media and also Windows 7 is a really good OS, I recommend it for people.

I prefer the PC more but I still game on my Xbox for Xbox live and games like Cod and Halo.

Do you know how expensive it is to max out a PC compared to a console? The graphic card for an Xbox 360 costs 300 dollars for the computer. Thats twice as expensive as the entire Xbox itself. PS3 has an even better graphics card so it would be even more expensive to try and match a PS3.

Window 7 sucks. they basically stole off Apple's operating system.

PC games are not cheaper at all, they are in the same range.

Since when is Mass Effect PC exclusive?

An Xbox/PS3 are made solely for gaming, you have to do other stuff on a PC, its just not as seamless as an Xbox or a PS3. The new Xbox 360 Elite I have outclasses a PC in every way, graphics, pure gaming power, stuff like that.

Now did I say ME was PC exclusive? I said it is better on PC then the 360.

No they are not, go on Steam and you will know what I a talking about. Xbxox Elite outclass a Alienware,Asus,or any other gaming PCs?Yeah right. PC is made for RPG,RTS,FPS but not racing. PC gameplay out games consoles. PC is the firt an without PC, there would be no Consoles. You know why, because gmes are made on the PC and then made for Consoles. How does Windows 7 suck, it is more faster and reliable and also good for gaming.

Also how did they steal it from Apple? Microsoft been in software for years and if it wasnt for M$ supporting Apple back in the past, Apple wouldnt be here.

I am not a graphic whore but,you say Xbox graphics outclass PC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzdbbsm8QLE

PC is cheaper.

Guest Joecorp

Still, the overall review score for the 360 versions of both Mass Effect 1 and 2 is higher the PC versions. It really comes down to personal control scheme preference though.

Guest force_echo

No they are not, go on Steam and you will know what I a talking about. Xbxox Elite outclass a Alienware,Asus,or any other gaming PCs?Yeah right. PC is made for RPG,RTS,FPS but not racing. PC gameplay out games consoles. PC is the firt an without PC, there would be no Consoles. You know why, because gmes are made on the PC and then made for Consoles. How does Windows 7 suck, it is more faster and reliable and also good for gaming.

Also how did they steal it from Apple? Microsoft been in software for years and if it wasnt for M$ supporting Apple back in the past, Apple wouldnt be here.

PC is cheaper.

Do you know how much those gaming computers cost? At LEAST 600 dollars, for a virtually unnoticeable up in power from the $150 X360. What? Where do you get that info? Games are made on PCs first? What? If that was the case, every console game would be out on the PC, and, well, thats not the case.

True. But did I say ME was PC exclusive, I said it is way better on PC.

But my computer game take any game I throw at it. So I can pla Crysis with ease and also the gameplay and graphics on Crysis 2 will be better on PC. Trust PC is cheaper and our service is free, our DLC is free(yet M$ once tried to make us pay :) ).

I too use windows media and also Windows 7 is a really good OS, I recommend it for people.

I prefer the PC more but I still game on my Xbox for Xbox live and games like Cod and Halo.

You said nothing of that sort til now.

So what if it can? All I know that it must have cost you a load of cash to be able to trick it out rather than simply getting a 360 which has all you need. Again, your opinion, and don't be surprised that if Crysis 2 is very demanding n computer requirements. No, gameplay will most definitely be better on the console in terms of control schemes and whatnot.

I heard Windows 7 was an upgrade of Vista... Vista is shit. I prefer XP.

Because you like to mod your games...

PC is cheaper.

Your opinion again.

Well, it is the best of the 360 consoles, so its not uncalled for that claim. PC does not out game consoles. What? Consoles would most definitely go on without the PC. The consoles do not rely on the PC. Where are you getting this from?

I really don't see a noticeable difference in the graphic quality but then again, I don't have 20/20 vision.

Mh, this isn't exactly a reliable source of information. From a stranger on the net...

Oh and my response to BlackBusterCritic. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQ4dXX2Ftg...feature=related