Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Anime and Manga

Guest Magnus

Guest God-Speed_88

Interesting, TTGL and Big O are easily the weakest of that list. Kill Me Baby, is I guess, simple playground humour, but a show I fell in love with, whilst Planetes, Baccano! and WTTNHK are fantastic shows. Easily wipe the mecha's mentioned off the floor.

Marv: You should check out the reboot of Evangelion, the two films have been superb. Also, for a mind blown experience both Mind Game and Paprika are excellent. To be honest I've been mainly watching anime this past while; some series I would recommend are: Baccano!, The Big O, Gurran Lagann, Kill Me Baby, Welcome to the NHK and Planetes.

I've heard good things from several of those series. Will definitely take advantage of Netflix and watch Baccano!. But thanks. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to anime. I rely on this site, friendly recommendations, and Landon's Top 50 list.

MARVANOTE: Also, I've seen Black Cat. Heheh. *wink* *wink*

Unless you don't mean the Marvel one...

The H.O.T.D Anime follows the Manga's storyline very closely. I've only seen it subbed, since I can't find the dub for my Vita, but after how much I disliked the first episode of the dub, that may be for the best. The subbed version was enjoyable. And the dub, I think, added a lot of those sound effects.

My only complaint, is that they leave out some things. I'm not sure what all is left out, but I know at the beginning of one episode, they show the kid get killed outside the bus, but don't show the events that led to him getting kicked off.

The OVA was the best thing about watching it. That shit was f*cking hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard at a show, since School Rumble, and the Valentine's Day episode of Black Cat.

It really was nice to see it animated. Even if there were some... silly moments. Like the shot that went past Saeko's boobs, by interweaving between them, in slow-motion. What the f*ck was that? I don't remember that being in the Manga. Definitely worth seeing, though. But you may want to read the Manga, too, for more of the story.

Season 2 is in the works. Can't wait. I don't know what they're gonna do when they get to the point that the Manga leaves off at, though...

I'm about to watch the last episode of the first season of D-Gray Man. So far I've found the anime lacking. Sure, it definitely picked up after ten or so episodes (or maybe guy with hammer just entertains me), but it doesn't really give me anything I didn't expect.

Gonna keep going though. Hope the Noah family lives up to its hype.

Guest TheJ0ke

Having rediscovered the existence of anime now that school's over, I seem to have become engrossed with Polar Bear Cafe. It's so damn clever and yet insanely cute/charming at the same time. Plus, that opening song is just so... catchy.

On a different note, Space Brothers, despite it's lame name, is actually a pretty solid anime. Nothing mind blowing or anything, but it does a good job of making its characters seem real and getting you to care about them. Despite the near-future setting, it also has an oddly 60s-ish space exploration earnestness about it (something I've always liked) that's pretty refreshing. I just hope it doesn't go off on some stupid UFO tangent later on...

Guest Shockwave

Ok, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but what series got most of you into Anime to begin with?

I'll admit, it may have been Samurai Pizza Cats and Pokemon, but I was sold by Yu Yu Hakusho.

I read some of the Manga, when it was in SJ. I liked it.

Four weeks into the new Toonami, and if it wasn't for Deadman Wonderland, I don't know if I'd even tune in.

Bleach had actually done something I thought was impossible, make a filler arc I actually enjoyed. But they didn't know when to quit, and now I wish it would end...

Casshern Sins is boring as shit. In the third episode,

they had a guy come into the show, that I thought might become a really likable, supporting character, ala Nicolas D. Wolfwood. Who was like, the greatest supporting anime character ever. :D But then they killed him off, at the end of the same episode he appeared in...

And the other three shows, I own on DVD, so what's the point of watching them? Deadman Wonderland is the only show on this new Toonami, that's holding my interest, at this point. Even though the kid has a really irritating voice, similar to that of Shinji, from Evangelion.

:o Holy shit! You, serious? I wasn't the biggest fan of the filler they've been shoving down our throats, but damn, that's gonna suck. Especially, since I decided awhile ago to quit paying VIZ's outrageous prices for the sets.

Wait... Did you mean in Japan? I thought you meant Adult Swim was getting rid of it. From what I read, it seems it will be going away for awhile. Not necessarily canceled, but maybe having a secondary series once the Manga wraps up, to finish it. If it stops filler, I'm all for it.

Meanwhile, I also read it's being replaced by a Rock Lee spin-off. Rejoice, Blue Flame! :P

Guest Darxeth

I wish they'd bring Yu Yu Hakusho back on Toonami so younger generations can enjoy the sheer awesomeness that I did in my younger days.

Guest Djgambrell

Anyone else watch Hunter x Hunter?

Because it's very, very good.

*Highfive*

Did someone say new toonami?

...We've been talking about it for over a month, and you just noticed? You live under a rock? :P Turn on Adult Swim next Saturday. Kicks off with Bleach, then Deadman Wonderland, Casshern Sins, FMA: Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop. Then they repeat the whole line-up. Such a waste.

Guest Djgambrell

While I am glad that toonami's back I've already finished all those series so... I guess I'll tune in for Tom.