Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Website Top Priorities Laundry List - comicbookuniversebattles.com

10 hours ago, Fox said:

After thinking about it, I began to wonder why we would need to use a website like Wikipedia to get text on a character given the current available technology.

If someone submits a character, we can just ask an A.I. to produce the text.  Specifically, what we are usually interested in, have it list the character's talents and powers.

Example conversation about it with Chat GPT.  I think this demonstrates that Open A.I. can provide character text.

https://chat.openai.com/share/22dd8d2f-2cd2-4ff2-bcd8-bc487182334b

When a person submits a character, the website can ask Chat GPT about it using the Open A.I. API to make the query.  The data from the query will be stored in the database, and displayed on the character page.

Any thoughts about that?

It is a drag to have to count on online pages.

My only thought on this it that most online AI have a cut of point. Chat GPT from my experience stops in September 2021. Anything that came out after that wouldn't have any information at all. 

Perhaps we could have an AI fill information and if it can not then use a provided link?

On a different topic, I have the swiper working now, but I can't seem to get it to work with anything after the update. I'll have to take another look to see if I can get it working right.

I'm going to disable the slider for now. It's all there and can be clicked back on when I can get it to update.

2 minutes ago, IKA said:

I'm going to disable the slider for now. It's all there and can be clicked back on when I can get it to update.

I think that Slider that was on the old version of the board was a purchase from the Invision marketplace.  May need a new one compatible with this new version.

9 hours ago, IKA said:

My only thought on this it that most online AI have a cut of point. Chat GPT from my experience stops in September 2021. Anything that came out after that wouldn't have any information at all. 

Perhaps we could have an AI fill information and if it can not then use a provided link?

After researching it a bit, probably the AWS AI service Bedrock would be a good option.  There are several AI models to select from, and since this is in AWS it's going to be easy to use.

Also, that AWS AI service can generate images, so it might make it easier for people who have trouble getting a 300x300 pixel image for a character addition.

Because most of the characters in the CBUB database are using wiki pages which are mostly useless, I'm strongly considering writing a program to just have all of them updated by AI providing details on the character.

13 minutes ago, Fox said:

After researching it a bit, probably the AWS AI service Bedrock would be a good option.  There are several AI models to select from, and since this is in AWS it's going to be easy to use.

Also, that AWS AI service can generate images, so it might make it easier for people who have trouble getting a 300x300 pixel image for a character addition.

Because most of the characters in the CBUB database are using wiki pages which are mostly useless, I'm strongly considering writing a program to just have all of them updated by AI providing details on the character.

Ai tends to mess up though, especially on more obscure characters. I had an AI tell me Yoshi's cookie had a SEGA Genesis port. 

26 minutes ago, Fox said:

I think that Slider that was on the old version of the board was a purchase from the Invision marketplace.  May need a new one compatible with this new version.

I got that same slider, it's just not reading update records, not sure why. The new records must have a different linkset. 

I put the new version in the block "slider" on the pages menu of ACP if you're interested.

On 3/28/2024 at 8:04 PM, Mercenaryblade said:

Ai tends to mess up though, especially on more obscure characters. I had an AI tell me Yoshi's cookie had a SEGA Genesis port. 

That's called an A.I. hallucination.  We are in the process of integrating AI with our website at the company I work at.  There is some concern about A.I. hallucinations.

That's when an AI model generates content that appears to be coherent and realistic but is entirely fabricated by the model without any basis in reality.

I mean, in the context of the CBUB, I think it is less of an issue. The topic here is mostly about fictional characters with fictional powers.  I personally have hallucinated that characters have powers they don't many times.

18 minutes ago, Fox said:

That's called an A.I. hallucination.  We are in the process of integrating AI with our website at the company I work at.  There is some concern about A.I. hallucinations.

That's when an AI model generates content that appears to be coherent and realistic but is entirely fabricated by the model without any basis in reality.

I mean, in the context of the CBUB, I think it is less of an issue. The topic here is mostly about fictional characters with fictional powers.  I personally have hallucinated that characters have powers they don't many times.

I must admit the AI idea scares me a bit when it comes to representing the characters and the "trustworthiness" of the database. You can't really learn more about a character when you're not even sure if the info is accurate. 

That said if there was anyone I'd trust to execute it right, it'd be Fox. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To @Fox and @IKA, I noticed the Admin button is appearing on the profiles in guest mode.

7 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

To @Fox and @IKA, I noticed the Admin button is appearing on the profiles in guest mode.

I could not replicate this, The admin stuff is also now showing in the right spot for me again. Not sure if Fox stealth fixed it or not heh. 

12 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

5 hours ago, IKA said:

I could not replicate this, The admin stuff is also now showing in the right spot for me again. Not sure if Fox stealth fixed it or not heh. 

Seems okay.  Note, you do need to go to the Control Panel first for the Admin tab to show up on those pages.

I was trying to make it so you didn't have to, but that was making every character page perform a log-in check which is kind of a heavy process for pages that get a lot of traffic and are supposed to be returned fast.  That was probably the source of the issue.  I removed that.

So, swing by the Control Panel first to get authenticated for the Admin functions on character sheets.