Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 20322 Ran Hibiki vs. Frank West

image.jpeg.263ca3f72d743f8f688d111d434ccacb.jpeg

The sun was beginning to set as Isla and Kimberly continued their fierce battle on the empty street sidewalk, right next to the towering billboard displaying Isla’s vision for the logo of Karin Kanzuki and Rose Bernstein’s Capcom vs. SNK 3 tournament. Kimberly tagged Isla with her two punch Bushin Tiger Fangs combo and a Windmill kick. Nearby, a spirited young photographer with vibrant purple hair tied in a high ponytail and a keen eye for action, had her camera poised and ready to capture the intense confrontation. The young photographer, Ran Hibiki, was a martial artist herself and was very excited about the upcoming crossover tournament. She expected to only come to this location to get a picture of the billboard's promotional art, and instead found an impromptu battle between a Capcom fighter and an SNK fighter.

"Time to get some killer shots!" Ran exclaimed, snapping a quick photo of Isla's Cloud Kick connecting with Kimberly's face. She marveled at the fluidity of the movement, appreciating the grace and power displayed by both fighters.

As Isla executed her Designs sliding kick that sent Kimberly skidding across the pavement, Ran positioned herself for the perfect angle.

"Beautiful form!," she commented, the click of her camera capturing every detail.

The fight took a turn as Kimberly threw down a shuriken bomb spread on the ground that caught Isla off guard and then executed the Bushin Senpukyaku series of kicks . Isla countered with an uppercut that sent Kimberly airborne. Ran seized the opportunity, capturing great pictures of the clash. Amidst the chaos, a new figure emerged on the scene. Dressed in a rugged journalist outfit, camera slung over his shoulder, Frank West made his entrance. With grizzled features and a confident smirk, he observed the battle unfolding before him before getting in some camera shots of his own.

“Hey! What are you doing? This is no place for amateurs!” shouted Ran.

Frank adjusted the lens on his camera without looking in Ran’s direction. "I've survived zombie hordes, kid. I know a thing or two about capturing action in dangerous situations.”

Ran shot him a glare. "This is my turf, buddy! I fight and take pictures simultaneously. That makes me the perfect photographer for the upcoming Capcom vs. SNK tournament. And I plan on using that position as a way to get officially invited to the tournament and make my school proud."

Frank chuckled, “That’s funny. That was my plan, too. I had a blast in the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament. I'm not letting another opportunity to get into a Capcom tournament slip by."

As the clash of words continued, Isla landed  her finisher on Kimberly. She kicked Kimberly into the floating spray paint hands of Amanda who held onto Kimberly. Isla then put Kimberly down with a dive kick that ensured her the victory.

"Oh great, I missed the winning shot!!" Ran complained.

Frank West stepped in, blocking Ran's shot and took a picture of Isla standing victorious. 

Ran scowled, her determination unwavering. "See here,, I've got plans, I’m going to be the official photographer for this tournament and I am going to  leverage my position into an official invite. I can't let some other photographer get in my way."

Frank grinned, "If you want the gig so bad, why don’t you fight for it!”

Ran Hibiki stepped into a fighting pose. “Gladly.”

I never heard of Shiritsu Justice Gakuen and the old graphics really aren’t doing it any favors. 

So big surprise, I’m backing Frank West. If we are counting his appearance in MvC3 as canon then he’s stood up to heavy hitters like Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, ect. and at the very least held his own. That on top of his zombie killing feats are enough to convince me he can handle this Ran person.

1 minute ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I never heard of Shiritsu Justice Gakuen and the old graphics really aren’t doing it any favors. 

So big surprise, I’m backing Frank West. If we are counting his appearance in MvC3 as canon then he’s stood up to heavy hitters like Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, ect. and at the very least held his own. That on top of his zombie killing feats are enough to convince me he can handle this Ran person.

Have you ever heard of Rival Schools? That is what she is actually from. I think she premiered in Project Justice, which is the sequel, but I couldn't find any good videos that focused on her. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Have you ever heard of Rival Schools? That is what she is actually from. I think she premiered in Project Justice, which is the sequel, but I couldn't find any good videos that focused on her. 

Nope. What I’m trying to say is that I have never heard of Ran or whatever franchise she is from I’m afraid.

Another good chapter to this Capcom vs. SNK arc, Johnny. Apparently, this one's the battle of the intrepid photographers. :D BTW, Is Ran related to Dan Hibiki, by any chance?

As for the match, while Ran may have more a little more skill and her camera attacks do more damage, it looks like Frank has more actual fighting experience. That his experience and his use of melee weapons probably give him the edge, but the fighting might stop before things get too serious. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - DSkillz
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
8.60 Total Combined Score
8.60 / 2 = 4.30 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ran Hibiki: 2
Frank West: 2