Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Did Reverse-Flash make the world a better place?

Ok... as I sit here recovering from lung issues brought about by Covid (all much better now), I've had some time on my hands and got to thinking about the following which I'm hoping someone can help with. 

I haven't read much DC comics but I have seen some of the movies and some of the animated films. Something has been bothering me about the Flash story, especially Flashpoint. Here's my broad outline if I have understood correctly (please do correct me if I've got something wrong):

- Reverse-Flash kills Flash's mom. 

- Flash goes back in time and stops his mom dying, but inadvertantly creates Flashpoint

- In this new world, everything is wrong - no Superman, heroes killing people, wars between Atlantis and Themiscyra etc. 

- Flash undoes it and the world goes back to the heroic one we know and love (sort of, I know there was some multiverse stuff happening). 

So that begs the question - did Reverse-Flash actually create a much better world by his murderous action? Is he, despite his intentions and the horror he commited, actually reponsible for preventing the horrors that Flashpoint could have been? 

What have I misunderstood or missed? Yes I could read the whole thing, but I figures someone here must have read it and may be able to answer .

To me no.

Flashpoint could easily have been just another Justice Lords, Injustice type alternate reality.

Just because something good came out of something bad doesn't make the bad beneficial. By bad I mean evil.

This would be a good talking point for some of the lessons I teach at church.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:41 AM, leroypowell3 said:

To me no.

Flashpoint could easily have been just another Justice Lords, Injustice type alternate reality.

Just because something good came out of something bad doesn't make the bad beneficial. By bad I mean evil.

This would be a good talking point for some of the lessons I teach at church.

Interesting, had no idea you taught at church. I bet that is quite a rewarding experience.  It does raise some interesting questions, not just from a comic point of view but also from a moral and potentialy theological one. If an act of evil results in good then can we call it beneficial or even good. 

I think I was wondering this exact thing in the scene of Endgame where War Machine is suggesting going back in time to kill Thanos as a baby. Definitely a question that takes us into a realm of uneasy pondering; the killing of one baby weighed against saving half of the entire universe.