Rumble 20613 Batman (Terry McGinnis) vs. T-X (The Terminatrix)
MATCH SCORE
Batman (Terry McGinnis): 2
T-X (The Terminatrix): 0

Bishop (Marvel Comics) vs. Sunfire
MATCH SCORE
Bishop (Marvel Comics): 3
Sunfire: 1

Rumble 20608 Batman (Terry McGinnis) vs. The Xenomorph Queen
MATCH SCORE
Batman (Terry McGinnis): 2
The Xenomorph Queen: 0

Tournament - Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne) vs. Killer Croc
MATCH SCORE
Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne): 4
Killer Croc: 2

Magma (comics) vs. Rictor
MATCH SCORE
Magma (comics): 2
Rictor: 1

Rumble 19431 Carmen Sandiego and Phantom Lady vs. Gooey Gus and Lola Bunny

Battlesphere 2 Part 1

*THE FOLLOWING BROADCAST IS BEING PRESENTED BY THE TRANSDIMENSIONAL COMBAT COMMISSION.  ALL COMBATANTS MUST AGREE TO FOLLOW TCC GUIDELINES AT ALL TIMES.  SAFETY OF ATENDEES IS NOT GUARANTEED.*

Al Rossi: Hellooooooooo, fight fans!  It is nearly time for the return of the TCC’s most unpredictable match type!  Yes, it’s the second ever Battlesphere Battle Royal!  Along with Jedi Master Andel Sanap…

Andel Sanap: May the Force be with you. 

Al Rossi: I’m Al Rossi here to bring you all of the action!  And with no chance of the 8 showing up to spoil the party, Andel, this is gonna be a real barnburner! 

Andel Sanap: Indeed, Al.  We have already revealed 13 of the 30 participants in this contest.  First, the 6 ladies making their return to the Battlesphere: Medusa, Carmen Sandiego, Ladybug, Chloe Bourgeois, Phantom Lady, and the current Battlesphere winner Miss America.  The TCC has also revealed the names of 7 newcomers: Lola Bunny, Kintara, Xena, Kylo Ren, Speedy Gonzales, Cain, and John Wick! 

Al Rossi: Which means there’s 17 more people that neither you or I know about, partner!  The crowd has packed the TCC Arena, and the giant transparent sphere is hovering before us with the wrestling ring inside.  Let’s send it down to Justin Roberts for the ground rules! 

Justin Roberts: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Battlesphere 2!  30 combatants will enter the sphere and attempt to toss their opponents over the top rope.  If a combatant is thrown out and both feet touch the sphere’s interior, they are eliminated and will be instantly teleported from the Battlesphere.  Their powers, abilities, and weapons will be given to the combatant who eliminated them.  The match will begin with 2 combatants and a new combatant will teleport in every 90 seconds until all 30 have entered.  The last combatant standing, wins the match and earns the right to choose one of their powers to use in TCC competition for one calendar year!  And now, let’s bring in the combatant that drew number 1! 

P.A.: DO IT, ROCKAPELLA!  YEAH! 

Al Rossi: Whoa!  It’s Carmen! 

Justin Roberts: From an undisclosed location, she puts the ‘miss’ in misdemeanor… CARMEEEEN SANDIEEEEEGOOOO! 

Andel Sanap: Miss Sandiego has teleported into the Battlesphere and acknowledges the cheers of the crowd. 

Al Rossi: But see the look on her face, Andel!  She knows that she had to start the first battle royal at number 2, now she’s stuck at the start again at number 1! 

Andel Sanap: She is not looking particularly happy.  But she earned her second chance by lasting nearly a full hour in the Battlesphere.  If anyone can go the distance, it’s Miss Sandiego. 

Justin Roberts: And now the combatant that drew number 2! 

P.A.: SLIME ANYONE?! 

Andel Sanap: Oh dear. 

Al Rossi: You were saying something about ‘going the distance’? 

Justin Roberts: From parts unknown!  He is Gooey Gus, THE SLIIIIIIIME MONSTEEEEEEER! 

Al Rossi: You don’t suppose Gus will go easy on her?  I mean they both worked for PBS, didn’t they? 

Andel Sanap: I believe you are mocking me. 

Al Rossi: Well, if Carmen is going to win this, first she needs to get past 6 feet of slime!  The crowd is buzzing with anticipation!  The referee signals! 

Referee: Combatants ready?  3!  2!  1!  Commence combat! 

Andel Sanap: Gus unleashes a torrent of purple goo at Miss Sandiego, but she quickly leaps out of the way! 

Al Rossi: And we are underway!  The slime slams against the Battlesphere wall and sizzles as it is broken down by the reinforcing defensive screen. 

Andel Sanap: Miss Sandiego pulls out a grapple and fires it at Gus!  It latches on his arm and the beast roars his pre-recorded catchphrases in rage! 

Al Rossi: He’s trying to break free but Carmen is holding on tight!  She’s trying to pull Gus towards the ropes and… wait!  Why is she climbing over the ropes?! 

Andel Sanap: She’s going to try to swing down and pull out Gus!  There she goes!  She leaps off the apron still holding the grapple! 

Al Rossi: But Gus isn’t budging!  He’s grabbing the line and yanking Carmen back up!  It was a risky play, Carmen would’ve had to grab onto the rigging under the ring to keep from eliminating herself! 

Andel Sanap: Gus tosses Carmen across the ring!  She slides under the bottom rope and grabs a hold of it!  She wouldn’t be eliminated because she went under, but the fall wouldn’t do her any favors! 

Crowd: 7!  6!  5!  4!  3!  2!  1! 

BZZZZZ

P.A.: Don’t call me… ‘doll’. 

Al Rossi: And history repeats itself again!  Last time it was Minerva Mink entering at 3, today it’s Lola Bunny! 

Andel Sanap: She’s teleported right in front of Gus!  The Slime Monster looks stunned at the sight of the Toon. 

Al Rossi: Funny, I thought he always looks like that.  But get a load of Lola!  See that look in her eyes?  She takes hold of Gus and… what is she doing? 

Andel Sanap: I believe she is feeling the muscles in his arm. 

Al Rossi: What game is she playing?  I mean, I know that these Toon girls have a way to get guys wrapped around their finger, but I don’t know if her ‘charms’ work on Slime Monsters. 

Andel Sanap: But here comes Miss Sandiego!  She pulled herself back into the ring and blindsided Miss Bunny!  She pulls her over to the rope! 

Al Rossi: Lola’s trying to kick loose but Carmen’s got her….HEY!  Gus got Carmen!  He pulls her off Lola and knocks her back! 

Andel Sanap: Miss Bunny’s strategy worked!  She’s calling to Gus, urging him to eliminate Miss Sandiego! 

Crowd: 5!  4!  3!  2!  1! 

BZZZZZ

P.A.: Forward, Freedom Fighters! 

Andel Sanap: And another Battlesphere veteran enters the fray! 

Al Rossi: The Phantom Lady teleports by the turnbuckles and blasts Gus with her blacklight projecter!  Lola charges in with kicks to the downed Carmen!  Battlesphere 2 is well and truly underway! 

OK:

Currently in the Ring:

Carmen Sandiego, Gooey Gus, Lola Bunny, Phantom Lady. 

All have their normal powers, skills, and equipment. 

Whichever pair gets the most votes, advances and gets the losers powers/abilities/equipment. 

If there is a tie, all four will advance. 

Check out the other Rumbles to see how the rest of the match is going. 

Any questions feel free to ask them. 

Game On! 

Learn More About
Phantom Lady
Read more about Phantom Lady at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Don Markstein's Toonopedia Phantom Lady Biography

Carmen Sandiego
Read more about Carmen Sandiego at Wikipedia
Official Site: The Learning Company Links: Carmen Sandiego's Wiki Article Carmen Sandiego's Dossier Gamespot 's Tenspot Highlight

Lola Bunny
Read more about Lola Bunny at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Bros. Studios Links: Wikipedia Space Jam Official Website Lola Bunny - Looney City Citizens

Gooey Gus
Read more about Gooey Gus at Wikipedia
Official Site: PBS Links: Wikipedia

Return of the Battlesphere Battle Royal! :D 

Honestly, though, unless Lola suddenly has some Bugs-level toon force, I don't see any of these ladies even being able to touch Gooey Gus, let alone ringing him out. Good thing for Lola she apparently managed to "befriend" him.  

• Like 1