X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Movies

Guest Magnus

Guest bigballerju

Not needed at this point. It was pretty much spoiled online once the embargo came off for spoiler reviews. Also some blogs and people couldn't help leaking spoilers. Superman didn't save people? He kept trying to save soldiers of the army and citizens. The problem was Zod and his rogue Kryptonians were too busy giving him a hard time.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Can someone please go see This is the End so I can talk to someone about how hilarious it is.  None of my friends have seen it yet.

Guest Jason Redfield

I was a fan. The humor was a bit crude and even generic, but it was nonetheless consistently hilarious. I felt it dragged a bit toward the end, but overall I thought it was a solid comedy. It had me in tears at one point.

Guest Ruinus

I want to watch that movie for Emma Watson. I know she's in it, and I think she's in it for only about a few minutes or something but still.

Guest Jason Redfield

I want to watch that movie for Emma Watson. I know she's in it, and I think she's in it for only about a few minutes or something but still.

She's got more or less two parts in it, both of which are amusing.

Guest Ruinus

Actually just came back from watching This is the End, and, as I suspected, the Emma Watson parts were my favorite.

Guest Jason Redfield

Actually just came back from watching This is the End, and, as I suspected, the Emma Watson parts were my favorite.

Both of her scenes were pretty good, but Danny's comment (during the video confessional) after the second one was one of the greatest parts of the whole film.

Guest Ruinus

Both of her scenes were pretty good, but Danny's comment (during the video confessional) after the second one was one of the greatest parts of the whole film.

Yes, yes it was.

Guest LoneWolf

OK just got around to seeing Man of Steel.

The movie was good but could have been better. The whole military/aliens/city destroying battle angle is a dead horse that Hollywood needs to stop beating. Also, Superman's act with Zod at the end was out of place. This is the hero that all others should aspire to be, they should have come up with a more creative way for him to win in the end with his famous moral code still intact.

Guest Jason Redfield

It was interesting. It wasn't spectacular, but it was a solid film. Hardcore fans of the book will be extremely disappointed if they were expecting any sort of faithful adaptation. The only thing the two have in common are a name and tiny little details like character names and minor mentions/plot points.

I was surprised to see that there was almost no gore in the film. However, despite that, it managed to genuinely have me on the edge of my seat. Parts of it were very disturbing/nerve-wracking/suspenseful. They did an excellent job with pumping up the tension in lots of the scenes, through events and atmosphere alike.

I was glad to see that they scrapped the whole contrived Battle of Yonkers incident (my biggest pet peeve in the book). In fact, the military overall had a pretty decent showing in the film.

Guest silversurfer092

I really liked WWZ. I think they went for the same story of the book, just a different way of telling it. The book is a journalist's collection of quotes and whatnot. The movie is the story of the journalist during the beginning of the war. The only thing is I fell in and out of consciousness due to getting one hour of sleep that night. But yeah, I really liked it.

To anyone saying "OMG SUPERMAN KILLED A GUY", if you haven't caught on to the fact that Nolan and Snyder are trying to create a new Superman for their movies, then you're an idiot.

Guest bigballerju

The people complaining about that just don't know anything about Superman. Superman has killed General Zod in the comics. I love how people either ignore or forget the fact Christoper Reeve basically threw Zod to his death in Superman 2. Superman obviously killed in Man of Steel because their going to show you how much killing affected him and show why Superman would never kill again.  Even Clark Kent on Smallville killed Brainac twice and had Lana kill Bizarro with the blue kryptonite.

Guest Jason Redfield

I really liked WWZ. I think they went for the same story of the book, just a different way of telling it. The book is a journalist's collection of quotes and whatnot. The movie is the story of the journalist during the beginning of the war. The only thing is I fell in and out of consciousness due to getting one hour of sleep that night. But yeah, I really liked it.

Eh, well the guy wasn't really a journalist in the movie. I suppose you could say that he became one later, but even then... there is no way of saying that the movie is a faithful adaptation. The zombies are fast, don't eat people, the countries reacted considerably differently, the whole thing sprang up and ended much and more suddenly. Don't get me wrong; I'm not bitching. I'm perfectly fine with them going a different direction with it, because quite frankly the book (as written) wouldn't have worked on the big screen.

I still can't get over how intense some of those scenes were. I don't get worked up easily -- not even by horror movies -- but damn it, WWZ managed to get to me.

Previews for upcoming films looked interesting, too.

Like the whole towering like ants to get over that wall because of loud music...or the scene on the plane. Especially when they tried to put up somewhat of a barricade and it just backfired on them. Not that it would have worked anyway.

Guest Jason Redfield

Like the whole towering like ants to get over that wall because of loud music...or the scene on the plane. Especially when they tried to put up somewhat of a barricade and it just backfired on them. Not that it would have worked anyway.

Yeah.

I do want to point out that while the whole "fix" for the plague is a little contrived and makes no real sense biology-wise... but then again this is a movie about zombies, so what the hell. It was an interesting little twist regardless.

I noticed that a few things are different from the trailer and the actual film, though. For instance, India replaces Russia. And the Navy C/O ironically had more speaking parts and air time in the trailers than in the actual film. It was odd.

The scene where the SEALs got their asses kicked almost immediately before being rescued by Rangers was golden. My friend, who is currently serving as the latter (and absolutely despises the former) was having a great time watching that part :P

Most zombie flicks ain't, so yeah.

Uh huh. And the part where that last hope guy shot himself when he slipped...just so much laughter. I feel terrible but that was hilarious.

And yeah, the military was not totally incompetent. When the zombies breached Israel, they didn't do too bad. They didn't really have a chance of winning(damn singers with microphones...-.-) but still.