Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

1st Annual Verse City League Tournament Preliminaries - Team Self-Centered vs. Team One-Eye

SSJRuss

The creators of the Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi bring you the next round of...

The Verse City League Tournament!

Preliminaries are still underway and now we pit our Verse City Districts against one another! Which team will advance to be the chosen three to join the illustrious Verse City League?

Let’s set the stage. Two teams of three fight the other inside our replica Khazan Battle Arena. A team wins when the opposing team is completely defeated either by KO, Death, or Submission.

Team members will work together as a team and as always, each combatant will have their respective powers and equipment that they can carry into the ring. No outside help or influence is allowed. And there is no prior knowledge of their opponents unless they’ve encountered each other prior to coming to Verse City.

Now, let’s continue the preliminaries...

Comic Book District V.S. Monster District

[Team Self-Centered] - Namor, The Shredder, Zombie Spider-Man

VS

[Team One-Eye] - B.O.B, Beholder, Cyclops

Learn More About
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Read more about Namor the Sub-Mariner at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wiki-Namor Marvel Directory-Namor Marvel Universe-Namor

Zombie Spider-Man
Read more about Zombie Spider-Man at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia Marvel Database Marvel Universe

The Shredder (IDW)
Read more about The Shredder (IDW) at Wikipedia
Official Site: IDW Publishing Links: Wikipedia TMNTpedia Wikipedia - TMNT IDW

Cyclops (Power Rangers)
Read more about Cyclops (Power Rangers) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Saban Links: Wikipedia Nak's Power Rangers Power Rangers Wiki

B.O.B.
Read more about B.O.B. at Wikipedia
Official Site: DreamWorks Animation Links: Wikipedia Monsters vs. Aliens Wiki DreamWorks Wiki

Beholder
Read more about Beholder at Wikipedia
Official Site: Wizards of the Coast Links: Wikipedia

The only factors in this fights are Namor, the Cyclops, and the Beholder. You could argue Shredder would be a pretty high level Monk or fighter but I don't think I agree. Shredder is like a street tier character at best, and going off of what comparable level Wizards can do (Beholder being a CR 13 creature, meaning an entire party of 13th level characters are considered a match for it), 13th level wizards can cast 7th level spells, which include massive elemental storms, incredibly potent damaging magic, and all kinds of strong hax like resurrection, planar portals, and generating impenetrable magical prisons. The fact the Beholder is tuned to fight 4 people of roughly that power means Shredded probably wouldn't stand a chance. 

Namor vs. The Cyclops is probably what it comes down to. The Beholder could maybe help get some cheeky damage in with his various hax-y eyes, but if Namor ever focuses on him the Beholder is pretty much dead. If the Cyclops is about as strong as the Megazord, then they're the same tier on the Vs. Battle Wiki, and are actually fairly similar physically in most regards, but I don't know the characters all that well so I'm not sure who wins  

Beholder I think can do this if it bests Namor, and Namor is the type to run in first and get smacked around before thinking. Team One-Eye.

Let's not forget Zombie Spider-Man though. I'm sure his webs will come in handy for blocking out those eyes of the Beholder and maybe even wrapping up the Cyclops' feet/legs (like he did Ant-Man in Civil War). He's also very durable and has as much experience as Namor when it comes to fighting monsters. He'll probably be a bigger help than Shredder honestly.

But even saying they somehow best Cyclops and Beholder, I have no idea how they deal with B.O.B. I'm not even sure they can unless Namor can toss him into orbit...

7 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Let's not forget Zombie Spider-Man though. I'm sure his webs will come in handy for blocking out those eyes of the Beholder and maybe even wrapping up the Cyclops' feet/legs (like he did Ant-Man in Civil War). He's also very durable and has as much experience as Namor when it comes to fighting monsters. He'll probably be a bigger help than Shredder honestly.

But even saying they somehow best Cyclops and Beholder, I have no idea how they deal with B.O.B. I'm not even sure they can unless Namor can toss him into orbit...

Zombie Spider Man doesn't have webs if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe I'm misremembering though. In any case, a Beholder has so many tricks for killing Zombie Spider Man it doesn't even really matter. He's neither durable nor fast enough to survive a hit from the Disintegration ray, which explicitly destroys all of the body so it would be a one hit kill on him most likely.

11 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Zombie Spider Man doesn't have webs if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe I'm misremembering though. In any case, a Beholder has so many tricks for killing Zombie Spider Man it doesn't even really matter. He's neither durable nor fast enough to survive a hit from the Disintegration ray, which explicitly destroys all of the body so it would be a one hit kill on him most likely.

I feel like I've seen him use a type of webbing but I could be wrong. I'll have to look. But if he's as fast as typical Spider-Man, I'd be sure that he'd be fast enough to dodge the disintegration ray. Because otherwise that would be insane because you'd think Spider-Man would be much faster than even high level D&D characters.

Just now, SSJRuss said:

I feel like I've seen him use a type of webbing but I could be wrong. I'll have to look. But if he's as fast as typical Spider-Man, I'd be sure that he'd be fast enough to dodge the disintegration ray. Because otherwise that would be insane because you'd think Spider-Man would be much faster than even high level D&D characters.

I mean, he's not as fast as Spider-Man because his leg got snapped in half lol.

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I mean, he's not as fast as Spider-Man because his leg got snapped in half lol.

Oh lol. Yeah I guess that makes sense.

Looking at his respect thread, his feats are still pretty good minus the cosmic stuff. He tagged Quicksilver and has vein webbing so that's something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/cg6m4r/respect_spiderman_marvel_zombies/

4 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Oh lol. Yeah I guess that makes sense.

Looking at his respect thread, his feats are still pretty good minus the cosmic stuff. He tagged Quicksilver and has vein webbing so that's something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/cg6m4r/respect_spiderman_marvel_zombies/

He tagged zombie Quicksilver. The zombie bodies in Marvel zombies are generally speaking much weaker than their living counterparts, and most people's powers are much weaker. See regular The Thing one-shotting zombie Hulk. 

In any case, I would actually put regular Spider-Man well below the Beholder. While he's faster and more agile than a typical D&D Character, I would actually argue his damage output is far less than a 13th level wizard, let alone 4 of them, which is what the Beholder is scaled to. He could maybe try to web the eye stalks, but Beholders are deceptively fast to be able to keep up with the faster classes in D&D, and I don't think webbing would easily detain things like the disintegration ray. 

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

He tagged zombie Quicksilver. The zombie bodies in Marvel zombies are generally speaking much weaker than their living counterparts, and most people's powers are much weaker. See regular The Thing one-shotting zombie Hulk. 

In any case, I would actually put regular Spider-Man well below the Beholder. While he's faster and more agile than a typical D&D Character, I would actually argue his damage output is far less than a 13th level wizard, let alone 4 of them, which is what the Beholder is scaled to. He could maybe try to web the eye stalks, but Beholders are deceptively fast to be able to keep up with the faster classes in D&D, and I don't think webbing would easily detain things like the disintegration ray. 

As a disclaimer I never read all of Marvel Zombies lol.

And I agree about damage output. Spider-Man can't do much damage as a wizard because he's mostly a fisty-cuffs fighter and doesn't do magical damage, which is how you want to hurt Beholder I'd imagine. I'm not sure but if Zombie Spider-Man still has spider-sense, I'd still argue he can avoid the ray attacks for quite a while and use his webs from afar.

37 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

I think with teamwork, the comic book group could pull it off but these three won't listen to each other at all. the Mosters win this.

I think for arguments sake I'm just going to believe they can work together lol

3 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Yes actually. Both times he appeared was in his giant form, so it’s unknown if he even had a human sized form.

I did not know this. Interesting.

Still, Namor could fight him. I'm sure he thrashes with giant monsters regularly.

3 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Um Cyclops is a three hundred foot world ending monster. Pretty sure he just steps on Team 1.

Eh, I don't know about that. If Namor is really capable of trading blows with the like of The Thing, Dr. Doom, The Hulk, and even briefly Thanos, he's definitely strong enough that size alone isn't going to kill him. I'm not saying for sure that he couldn't beat Namor, but just because he's a 300 foot tall monster doesn't really mean he's strong enough to kill him

2 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Still, Namor could fight him. I'm sure he thrashes with giant monsters regularly.

14 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Eh, I don't know about that. If Namor is really capable of trading blows with the like of The Thing, Dr. Doom, The Hulk, and even briefly Thanos, he's definitely strong enough that size alone isn't going to kill him. I'm not saying for sure that he couldn't beat Namor, but just because he's a 300 foot tall monster doesn't really mean he's strong enough to kill him

Maybe not, but surely Zombie Spider-Man and Shredder could be taken out of the fight pretty early by that Cyclops stomping them. So then it’ll be Namor vs all three of them! Now one on one Bob and Beholder shouldn’t be a match for Namor, but as support fighters they could really swing the fight in favor of their team. Peypey already discussed Beholders abilities, but Bob could also prove valuable due to both his sheer indestructible (the guy survived being launched into near space orbit and then fell back to Earth with no sign of damage) and his unintentionally annoying personality. Like if he can attach himself to Namor and just start grating on the submariner’s nerves with his constant questions and dim witted mannerisms, Namor’s the kind of guy who’d get so annoyed by that he’d be focused solely on getting Bob away from him, and leaving himself wide open to Cyclops attacks. 

15 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Maybe not, but surely Zombie Spider-Man and Shredder could be taken out of the fight pretty early by that Cyclops stomping them. So then it’ll be Namor vs all three of them! Now one on one Bob and Beholder shouldn’t be a match for Namor, but as support fighters they could really swing the fight in favor of their team. Peypey already discussed Beholders abilities, but Bob could also prove valuable due to both his sheer indestructible (the guy survived being launched into near space orbit and then fell back to Earth with no sign of damage) and his unintentionally annoying personality. Like if he can attach himself to Namor and just start grating on the submariner’s nerves with his constant questions and dim witted mannerisms, Namor’s the kind of guy who’d get so annoyed by that he’d be focused solely on getting Bob away from him, and leaving himself wide open to Cyclops attacks. 

Oh, I wasn't arguing that Namor would be able to take the whole team. I agree with you that team Cyclops should win here. I was just saying that he could possibly beat the Cyclops 1 on 1. Put him against all three though and I don't think he would be able to pull out a win