MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

10:11 - Popeye vs. Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls)

Alright, back to the debate: 

19 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Your argument hinges on Popeye being able to produce a cage with his bare hands. How do you know he could do that? Has he ever tried to trap another character with toon force like said Fox? How do you know he won’t escape it like he would escape Bubbles? And don’t say that because he can break the fourth he can do that. That’s like saying Deadpool can break the fourth wall therefore he can beat Thanos, Galactus, and the Beyonder all at once!

My entire argument actually never actually hinged on Popeye making a cage, and frankly, he wouldn't really even need to try to trap it. As mentioned, Popeye can bend reality with toon force, both naturally and when enhanced by spinach. He can turn animals into various objects. He can punch away magic spells. He can hurt the sun. And yes, breaking the fourth wall is relevant in Popeye's case, because he's done that to win the day, too (and yes, Popeye did ask the audience for spinach beforehand here).

So, gaining the speed to outpace Bubbles shouldn't really be outside of Popeye's perview, since he's already been shown to outdo her in just about every other aspect. 

3 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Alright, back to the debate: 

My entire argument actually never actually hinged on Popeye making a cage, and frankly, he wouldn't really even need to try to trap it. As mentioned, Popeye can bend reality with toon force, both naturally and when enhanced by spinach. He can turn animals into various objects. He can punch away magic spells. He can hurt the sun. And yes, breaking the fourth wall is relevant in Popeye's case, because he's done that to win the day, too (and yes, Popeye did ask the audience for spinach beforehand here).

So, gaining the speed to outpace Bubbles shouldn't really be outside of Popeye's perview, since he's already been shown to outdo her in just about every other aspect. 

Well again DSKillz would be fair for me to argue in a Deadpool vs Thanos match that since Deadpool can break the fourth wall he could have the author write him as being stronger then Thnos? C’mon dude you know that that’s bullshit! Popeye has never been written as being faster then Bubbles and it’s ridiculous to say that he could simply because you want him to do so. And since the whole match hinges on who can catch the Fox first, Bubbles speed will ultimately play a bigger factor here then Popeye being able to break the fourth wall!

2 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Well again DSKillz would be fair for me to argue in a Deadpool vs Thanos match that since Deadpool can break the fourth wall he could have the author write him as being stronger then Thnos? C’mon dude you know that that’s bullshit!

Deadpool's never had the writer or the audience do things to help him win. Popeye has. It wouldn't come to that in this case, though. 

4 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Popeye has never been written as being faster then Bubbles and it’s ridiculous to say that he could simply because you want him to do so. And since the whole match hinges on who can catch the Fox first, Bubbles speed will ultimately play a bigger factor here then Popeye being able to break the fourth wall!

It's not really about whether I want Popeye to be that fast. Considering all the other things he's pulled off, those speeds are definitely within his perview.

6 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Deadpool's never had the writer or the audience do things to help him win. Popeye has. It wouldn't come to that in this case, though. 

Yes he has. In one issue of Deadpool I remember him actually beating up and interrogating one of his authors into telling him where find one of his targets. Would it be fair of me to use that to argue that Wade could beat Thanos or Galactus?

6 hours ago, DSkillz said:

It's not really about whether I want Popeye to be that fast. Considering all the other things he's pulled off, those speeds are definitely within his perview.

Superman has had several of his powers and abilities retconned and expanded upon over the years, would it be fair of me to say because of that we should assume he can develop powers like shrinking himself or developing telekinesis because it’s “within his perview?” We all agree that Goku is stronger then Frieza, and since Frieza can breathe in space that means Goku can also because it’s “within his perview?” Sorry dude but it doesn’t matter what you feel is “within his perview” what matters is whether Popeye has actually done FTL speed before, and if he hasn’t then it’s completely unreasonably to say that because he got other powers from breaking the 4th wall that automatically means he gets FTL speed as well. Otherwise I could make the argument that because Deadpool got information about a target’s location from his author then that means Wade can also force the author to give him the powers to be stronger then Thanos, Galactus, and the Beyonder put together.

2 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Yes he has. In one issue of Deadpool I remember him actually beating up and interrogating one of his authors into telling him where find one of his targets. Would it be fair of me to use that to argue that Wade could beat Thanos or Galactus?

Wade's only used the 4h wall break to that extent once? Sounds like even more of an outlier than when Popeye has done it. 

Like I said, though, Popeye's not going to need a 4th wall break here. The Fox simply has no way to keep his spinach away long enough for Popeye to resort to that. 

2 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Superman has had several of his powers and abilities retconned and expanded upon over the years, would it be fair of me to say because of that we should assume he can develop powers like shrinking himself or developing telekinesis because it’s “within his perview?” We all agree that Goku is stronger then Frieza, and since Frieza can breathe in space that means Goku can also because it’s “within his perview?” Sorry dude but it doesn’t matter what you feel is “within his perview” what matters is whether Popeye has actually done FTL speed before, and if he hasn’t then it’s completely unreasonably to say that because he got other powers from breaking the 4th wall that automatically means he gets FTL speed as well. Otherwise I could make the argument that because Deadpool got information about a target’s location from his author then that means Wade can also force the author to give him the powers to be stronger then Thanos, Galactus, and the Beyonder put together.

There's a difference between how Superman's and Popeye's abilities work. 

Whatever other temporary powers Superman gains, his powerset always falls back on the usual super strength, super speed, flight, and various forms of vision and breath, and there have been more than a few moments where Superman's powers, temporary or otherwise, weren't enough to save the day. Popeye, however, pulls out a new move in just about every comic strip, short, episode, etc. that he's in, and those abilities have just about always gotten the job done.

Given that Popeye does pull out a new move in just about every adventure, it's definitely not unreasonable that he could go at such super speeds if the task required it. 

And once again, Popeye has very rarely used the 4th Wall break to win the day. On the occasions that spinach wasn't immediately available, he would always come up with a can ... somehow ... , 'cuz toon force🙄