X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 15411 Nebula vs. Ruby Roundhouse

JohnnyChany

*TAKING PLACE BEFORE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOLUME 2*

sylvester-stallones-role-in-the-upcoming-sequel-to-guardians-of-the-galaxy-has-been-revealed-via-youtubemarvel-entertainment_1277613.jpg.f2d3a98c9ca7bcd8b2547c4b2660c814.jpg

Peter Quill landed the Milano on Knowhere. He turned to look at the rest of his crew.

“Ok, word is that Kraglin is here trying to sell that video game system and Nebula is here to buy it. So keep your eyes peeled because there are a lot of shady deals going on here at all times. Plenty of back alleys to choose from,” Peter explained.

“Tell me again why would Nebula go through all this trouble to acquire some dumb Earth game?” asked Rocket.

“She believes it contains the Soul Stone and she no doubt wants to get her hands on it before Thanos does,” Gamora replied.’

“Why would she think that?” Rocket wondered.

Quill handed a flyer making its way through the seedy parts of the galaxy over to Rocket. “Look at it again. Kraglin says the machine sucks people inside and transports them into new bodies. Then they have to prove their worth to be released again.”

“These new bodies must be very tiny to fit in such a small machine,” commented Drax.

Gamora rolled her eyes and Peter ignored him.

“If this thing really does contain the Soul Stone then I’m of the opinion that we should turn around and leave right now,” Rocket suggested.

Peter was incredulous. “What?”

Rocket’s voice raised an octave. “Am I the only one that isn’t suffering from short term memory loss?”

“I am groot!” shouted Baby Groot.

“I wasn’t talking about you. I am talking to these morons. Remember? The last time we were on this planet with an infinity stone? We were almost blown up into tiny pieces,”said Rocket.

“The video game system doesn’t really contain the Soul Stone,” Gamora retorted.

“How do you know?” Rocket inquired.,

“Because I KNOW,” insisted Gamora.

“That’s not really much of an argument,” Rocket mumbled.

“Listen. We are here to capture Nebula and turn her in. So let’s just get this over with,” said Gamora.

She descended down the Milano’s entry ramp followed by Quill and Drax.

“Well I’m staying up here just in case things go sideways,” Rocket declared.

“I am groot,” stated Groot.

Rocket furrowed his brow in confusion. “What do you mean you are taking her side? She didn’t even have support for her claim. You're biased.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jumanji.jpg.89c62b9c77f35b92e7f94b9b0cff25dd.jpg

Inside an abandoned warehouse on Knowhere, Kraglin and two other Ravagers set up the Jumanji video game and TV.

“I wish I never found this damned thing,” said Kraglin as he connected the cables. “Curse those mesmerising sounds that drew me to it.”

“Don’t worry. Once we sell this thing off the Captain is going to be so proud of you for turning this curse into a profit,” said one of the other Ravergers. 

“I hope so. He was mighty upset that this game has sucked in so many members of his crew. I just want him to forgive me,” lamented Kraglin.

“Yeah. This thing has taken so many of my friends,” stated the third Ravager.

“Is it because your friends are weak and pathetic?”

Nebula stepped out of the shadows of the warehouse.

“How long have you been standing there?” Kraglin asked.

“Long enough to know that I am taking that machine, but I am not going to give you even one credit for it.” 

“Now wait a minute, that wasn’t the deal. You can’t…”

Nebula interrupted the third Ravager by quickly stabbing him through the chest.

“For you two, your payment will be that I will allow you to live if you explain how this works to me and then leave,” Nebula decided.

The second Ravager reached for his gun, but was immediately impaled by Nebula.

Kraglin panicked. “You can have the accursed thing, just don’t kill me.”

“How does it work?” Nebula asked tersely. 

“Just pick one of them characters there on the screen and then the game will zap your soul inside,” Kraglin explained. “Once you're in the game you will have to track down some gem called the Jaguar’s Eye and return it. Only after that will the game set you free again.”

“A gem? It must be the Soul Stone,” Nebula reasoned.

Nebula lifted a metal plate on her arm and began fiddling with wires and knobs. She produced a cable to connect to the video game system.

“What are you doing?” Kraglin wondered.

“I will not let this thing dictate my point of entry. I will engage it on my own terms.” Nebula connected to the game system. Initially, nothing happened. Nebula grew angry. “Were you lying to me?”

Suddenly, a green flash of light illuminated the warehouse and Nebula was sucked into the game. Kraglin screamed in terror and ran out of the warehouse.

Outside, Peter Quill, Drax, and Gamora walked through the black market alleyways of Knowhere, unable to determine Nebula’s location.

Peter sighed. “It’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack.”

“That is ridiculous. There are much better places to find a needle,” noted Drax.

Gamora looked to the left and to the right. “She is close, I can feel it.”

Without warning, Kraglin ran directly into Peter. “Quill? What are you doing here?”

“We are looking for Nebula and the machine you are trying to sell off,” answered Peter. “Where is it?” 

“It’s in the warehouse at the end of this street,” Kraglin stammered. “But stay away from it. It sucked up Nebula and it will suck you up too if you try to mess with it.”

Star-Lord, Gamaora, and Drax ran down to the warehouse. 

“Peter, do you think that thing actually works the way Kraglin says it does?” Gamora inquired.

Peter shrugged. The trio entered the warehouse. The warehouse was empty, but the character select menu was still on the screen. 

“Maybe we are better off just leaving her inside there,” stated Peter.

Gamora shook her head. “No, we have to find a way to go in after her.”

Peter picked up one of the controllers. “How do we even do that?”

Gamora read aloud the description on the top of the screen. “Jumanji. A game for those who seek to find.. A way to leave their world behind.”

“Sounds kinda cool,” Peter admitted.

Gamora's eyes darted at a nearby window as she thought she recognized a figure walking through the streets of Knowhere. She walked toward the entrance of the warehouse to get a better look.

Drax followed behind her. “What do you see?”

Peter remained oblivious to them has he read the character names on the selection screen. “Hey guys check these names out. Dr. Smolder Bravestone? That’s pretty badass."

Gamora’s eyes widened as she looked at the crowd of passersbys and confirmed her earlier suspicion. The figure in question had a goblin-like face and wore a black cloak. It was Corvus Glaive, child and loyal servant of Thanos.

“Peter!” Gamora shouted.

The shout startled Peter who fumbled with the controller and accidentally pressed a few buttons. Moments later, the green light reappeared and he too was sucked into Jumanji.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a437395c3a03158d3045a484832ee9ffa722ba78.jpg.dc4707743c67ef01be76a6b0e15b927a.jpg

Ruby Roundhouse landed on the jungle floor of Jumanji. She quickly stood up, but remained in a daze.

“What? Where am I? How did I get in a jungle? What has happened to my voice?” Ruby looked down and gasped loudly. “What is this body? I’m in a woman’s body. I’m in….” Ruby checked herself out for a minute. “A very beautiful woman’s body.” Dread set in. “Oh my god, I’m in the game. What if Gamora was wrong? What if the Soul Stone is here and it has placed my soul in this woman’s body forever?”  Ruby closed her eyes and tried to regain some composure. “Relax! Star-Lord Relax! You’ve got this. You are in a video game. You played plenty of Nintendo games when you were a child. You can figure this out.”

Several yards away, Nebula pulled a man from his car seat and slammed him on the ground outside of his vehicle.

“Tell me how to get the Soul Stone, or the Jaguar’s Eye, or whatever it is you call it here!” she demanded.

“Party member not recognized. We must wait for more players.” Nigel glitched slightly.

Nebula groaned in frustration. “Forget it. I will figure it out myself.”

Ah ha. So this is why you added Nebula and Ruby Roundhouse. At first, I just thought you had a crush on Karen Gillan. But now I see you were planning this matchup. :D 

Anyways, the setup was well done especially Nebula getting angry at Nigel, and Starlord being... Starlord. Oh, of course he ended up in Ruby Roundhouse's body, Ha! 

As to who wins.... I think Nebula is modified too much even for Ruby, though the respawning might catch her by surprise. 

This was fun! I could see it playing out in my head! I'd almost want to see who the other Guardians would be as far as characters in Jumanji

I think Nebula has this in the bag! She has trained to be a ruthless assassin her entire life, has who knows how many upgrades and she probably has different weapons

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Ah ha. So this is why you added Nebula and Ruby Roundhouse. At first, I just thought you had a crush on Karen Gillan. But now I see you were planning this matchup. :D 

Anyways, the setup was well done especially Nebula getting angry at Nigel, and Starlord being... Starlord. Oh, of course he ended up in Ruby Roundhouse's body, Ha! 

As to who wins.... I think Nebula is modified too much even for Ruby, though the respawning might catch her by surprise. 

Yeah, I definitely wanted to do the matchup just needed to think of some connective tissue. Glad you enjoyed it. I was actually going to come back and add Bravestone a few days after I added Ruby and you had already beaten me to it.

33 minutes ago, Boratz said:

This was fun! I could see it playing out in my head! I'd almost want to see who the other Guardians would be as far as characters in Jumanji

I think Nebula has this in the bag! She has trained to be a ruthless assassin her entire life, has who knows how many upgrades and she probably has different weapons

I think for maximum effect Rocket would have to be Bravestone, to finally get to enjoy some life as a physically dominant character. Gamora as either Oberon (Jack Black) or Finbar (Kevin Hart) would be great and so would Drax, since both go against their more physical personalities.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Yeah, I definitely wanted to do the matchup just needed to think of some connective tissue. Glad you enjoyed it. I was actually going to come back and add Bravestone a few days after I added Ruby and you had already beaten me to it.

I think for maximum effect Rocket would have to be Bravestone, to finally get to enjoy some life as a physically dominant character. Gamora as either Oberon (Jack Black) or Finbar (Kevin Hart) would be great and so would Drax, since both go against their more physical personalities.

I was thinking the same thing! With Rocket as Bravestone, he would be extremely hilarious!

Then seeing Drax and Gamora taking either Finbar and Oberon would bring so many jokes! I could see it playing out in my head

Yo Johnny, this match was really well written. I really did feel like the characters from the movie, spot on. And the best part is that this feels like it could be canon, which I love.

I was surprised that Peter didn't know what Jumanji was, but I guess that did come out in the 90s so he might not be aware of it. That said, I love the choice of putting him in Ruby. The fight will be intense but I think Peter/Ruby wins because of her limited weaknesses, fighting style and extra lives.

4 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Yo Johnny, this match was really well written. I really did feel like the characters from the movie, spot on. And the best part is that this feels like it could be canon, which I love.

I was surprised that Peter didn't know what Jumanji was, but I guess that did come out in the 90s so he might not be aware of it. That said, I love the choice of putting him in Ruby. The fight will be intense but I think Peter/Ruby wins because of her limited weaknesses, fighting style and extra lives.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, Fox said:

That's a really fun match.  Super entertaining set-up, good dialogue writing.  I enjoyed it.

I'm glad you guys liked it, it was alot of fun to put together.