Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

5:9 - Orks (Warhammer 40,000) vs. Yuuzhan Vong

UMPIRE

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

The problem with that is that some teams are designed to rush with overwhelming numbers, especially in fights like this. A lot of alien invaders are designed to take over by sheer numbers, and it would be a massive (and sort of unfair) nerf to arbitrarily limit some. It would encourage picking the strongest individual fighters rather than the strongest invading force, which is what the category was

Fair point.

11 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Oh that's a good point. If we assume they have a fleet of equal size, then this match goes to the Vong.

I don’t think that’s true at all. The orks have superior firepower. We’ve been debating numbers back and forth but the superior weaponry of the orks should be what carries the day. 

EDIT: i also don’t know why we would assume they would or should have a fleet of equal size. The Orks have a better ability to swarm with greater numbers. 

Because this should be winding down within the next day, I'll give my final thoughts:

Orks should have this. They have an undeniable firepower advantage. The Vong have no planet busting feats that are anywhere near as impressive as the Orks, and the amount of firepower needed to reduce a planet to rubble is staggering. As far as I can tell, the Orks have a number advantage as well. Neither fleet has a definitive number of ships, but the Orks seem to semi-regularly take thousands to tens of thousands to ships into individual fights, whereas the only number I can find for the Vong's fleet at all is the one thousand ship estimate from before. I don't buy the argument of "Oh, they were just underestimating." I don't doubt that their estimate was somewhat off, but there is literally no evidence that their estimate would have been off enough to rival the Ork fleet's strength. Again, the Orks bring that many ships to individual battles. Unless someone has actual evidence to the contrary, there's no reason to say the Vong have as many ships as the Orks. Both sides have hax that could screw with the other, but nothing I've seen has convinced me that either side has a real trump card on that front. Everyone seems to agree that the Orks have superior weaponry, at least as many ships (although again, I see literally no evidence that the Vong have as many ships as the Orks), and equal hax to the Vong. While it wouldn't be easy and they won't completely wipe the Vong out, they will undeniably win this space battle

• Like 1

The weaponry advantage is indeed undeniable, the Orks definitely have that. It's just that the one thousand ship estimate being treated as accurate/semi-accurate is simply ridiculous for me, honestly. Sidious's Empire at it's height had over 25,000 Star Destroyers alone. That also doesn't include carriers, corvettes, cruisers, frigates and the numerous smaller ships like starfighters, transports and such. And while, yes the war with the Rebellion likely cost them a fair amount of those, I doubt it was that significant a number. In many ways, the Rebel Alliance's best defense was how hidden they made their bases while they fought their war of attrition. They had to fight smart, and cautiously, until the destruction of the Death Stars. So I feel like at best, the Rebel Alliance might have destroyed maybe a few hundred to a thousand of those Star Destroyers, and that might be really stretching it, I can't say for certain.

But if we go with that estimate, that would still leave 24,000 Star Destroyers that should be around by the time of the YV war in addition to the Imperial carriers/corvettes/cruisers/frigates/starfighters/transports etc.

Even if we say that the Rebel Alliance by some miracles took out half of that number(which I really really doubt), that would still be 12,000+ Star Destroyers left by the time of the YV war. If we took the New Republic estimate of the YV fleet as fact, this estimate would mean the remnants of the Imperial fleet alone would have 12 times as many capital ships.

And that's just one faction in the wide Star Wars galaxy. From there you'd have to factor in the fleet strengths of the New Republic, the Chiss Ascendancy, the Ssi-ruuvi Imperium, the Hutt Cartel, the Mandalorians, the Outer Rim Alliance, and more. The Yuuzhan Vong took on all those and nearly won conquering the whole galaxy. That's an objective fact, that they nearly conquered the place and killed trillions doing it. Maybe it's just me but it sounds really ridiculous that they would accomplish this with just a paltry 1000-ish ships. For their conquering to make sense, in my mind, that estimate can't be anywhere close to being right. 

I can't specify exactly how many ships since that number has never been concretely given for the YV fleet, but that's how I feel. 

Still, even if operating under comparable fleet sizes, the edge of the superior weaponry that the Orks possess gives them a solid advantage.