Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Samus Aran at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nintendo

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Hall Of Mirrors

35 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Is she a bullet timer?

I don't think it matters that much in this case. Samus's Varia Suit can take dips in lava and attacks from massive aliens. I'm not sure Blade has the arsenal to do meaningful damage to her.

2 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

I don't think it matters that much in this case. Samus's Varia Suit can take dips in lava and attacks from massive aliens. I'm not sure Blade has the arsenal to do meaningful damage to her.

At the same time, Blade can throw down with Spider-Man in terms of agility and strength so he might have the strength necessary plus the speed necessary to dodge most of the things Samus throws at him. Her projectiles move even slower than bullets, so I don't know if she can even hit Blade in the first place. In a straight up fist battle too, I believe Blade is a lot more skilled as he actually knows martial arts as opposed to Samus, whose only martial arts training is her being trained by bird people?

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

At the same time, Blade can throw down with Spider-Man in terms of agility and strength so he might have the strength necessary plus the speed necessary to dodge most of the things Samus throws at him. Her projectiles move even slower than bullets, so I don't know if she can even hit Blade in the first place. In a straight up fist battle too, I believe Blade is a lot more skilled as he actually knows martial arts as opposed to Samus, whose only martial arts training is her being trained by bird people?

Even so, it still comes down to the durability of Samus's suit. Assuming Blade is quick enough to dodge her attacks, can he do enough damage to her in return?

Just now, DSkillz said:

Even so, it still comes down to the durability of Samus's suit. Assuming Blade is quick enough to dodge her attacks, can he do enough damage to her in return?

Yes. As I said so, he's in the same tier as Spider-Man (give or take), consistent hits will probably wear her suit down. Add on top of that his large arsenal of guns and adamantium sword.

Man, I think this is the most I've posted on EF in one day since before the last closure. :D 

38 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

As I said so, he's in the same tier as Spider-Man (give or take), consistent hits will probably wear her suit down.

Marvel's Power Stats have his strength capped at 1 ton. Since Samus often takes on giants, I'm not sure his blows can do the job.

38 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Add on top of that his large arsenal of guns and adamantium sword.

The sword might be the only thing that could work here. I don't know if Blade's usual vampire-slaying fare will have much effect on Samus.

But let me stop right here and let Boob Tube continue the argument for his girl. :D Since I've only played the first Metroid game, a couple of SSB games, and only seen bits of the sequels, I'm not even sure how much Samus's arsenal has expanded over the years or how quick she is at this point.

1 minute ago, DSkillz said:

Man, I think this is the most I've posted on EF in one day since before the last closure. :D 

Marvel's Power Stats have his strength capped at 1 ton. Since Samus often takes on giants, I'm not sure his blows can do the job.

I don't know if Marvel really "knows" how tons work, their system is kinda bonkers and is not indicative of how strong a character actually is. Here's the scene I had in mind, where Blade takes on a vampire Spider-Man.

2 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

But let me stop right here and let Boob continue the argument for his girl. :D Since I've only played the first Metroid game, a couple of SSB games, and only seen bits of the sequels, I'm not even sure how much Samus's arsenal has expanded over the years or how quick she is at this point.

I agree with you there, I only know the earlier games where the projectiles still moved as slow as possible. Maybe in the newer games they actually do them justice or something.

I feel like Samus has a good shot here. Her suit regularly takes hits from the likes of Kraid, and she's deceptively fast. I have no idea how canon this comic is, but in it, Samus is able to move in a blur, and seemingly dodges gunfire. She dodges plamsa shots from Ridley, and she can hit multiple targets at the same time. Again, I don't know exactly how canonical that comic is, but if it is canon, on top of her vastly superior firepower, armor, and her considerable skill and experience, I give this to Samus probably. Even if it's not canon, her armor is not joke, her firepower is pretty crazy, and she's very athletic and hard to put down. If Blade could take down her armor, I think it would take a very long time 

17 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I feel like Samus has a good shot here. Her suit regularly takes hits from the likes of Kraid, and she's deceptively fast. I have no idea how canon this comic is, but in it, Samus is able to move in a blur, and seemingly dodges gunfire. She dodges plamsa shots from Ridley, and she can hit multiple targets at the same time. Again, I don't know exactly how canonical that comic is, but if it is canon, on top of her vastly superior firepower, armor, and her considerable skill and experience, I give this to Samus probably. Even if it's not canon, her armor is not joke, her firepower is pretty crazy, and she's very athletic and hard to put down. If Blade could take down her armor, I think it would take a very long time 

Before I can even reply to this, I'll have to know whether or not the comic itself is canon. I haven't kept up with Samus games that much, but from what I know from her I'd say she's kinda barebones. Call that gameplay limitations or whatever, but everything she does is slow and bulky. Agile, sure, but in no way fast.