Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Zatanna at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Dagobah

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

If Dr. Strangefate has the combined powers of Dr Fate and Stephen Strange, I'm not quite sure what Zatanna could do to him.

So Zatanna isn't my character, but my best argument would probably be to lean on the presumed lack of feats for Strangefate. I know literally nothing about the character though

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

So Zatanna isn't my character, but my best argument would probably be to lean on the presumed lack of feats for Strangefate. I know literally nothing about the character though

If you combine the forced of Dr. Fate and Dr. Strange, I'm not sure Zatanna can do much. Can she even beat one of the uncombined?

I’m going to vote for Zatanna. Not because I think she will win, but because she’s hot.

The magic slot is turning out nicely. :D 

8 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Haven't read the Amalgam Comics at all, is Dr. Strangefate a person with the combined magical power of both sorcerors?

Yep, and he also has Xavier's telepathy.

Ok, so, I’m looking up Strangefate’s story, I’m not sure how accomplished he is? It seems Dr Strange was able to defeat him magically and most of his obsession is with resurrecting the Amalgam-verse. 

Zatanna could win mostly through the idea that she’s one of the few characters he’s not familiar with (she doesn’t have an Amalgam equivalent that I’m aware of) and that he can be taken off guard. Zatanna has a ton of raw power and could conceivably hit hard enough, fast enough that he’s off for the battle. Not to mention she’s a master of fighting as an underdog anyway.

6 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Ok, so, I’m looking up Strangefate’s story, I’m not sure how accomplished he is? It seems Dr Strange was able to defeat him magically and most of his obsession is with resurrecting the Amalgam-verse. 

Zatanna could win mostly through the idea that she’s one of the few characters he’s not familiar with (she doesn’t have an Amalgam equivalent that I’m aware of) and that he can be taken off guard. Zatanna has a ton of raw power and could conceivably hit hard enough, fast enough that he’s off for the battle. Not to mention she’s a master of fighting as an underdog anyway.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Wanda_Zatara_(Amalgam_Universe)

20 hours ago, Magnamax said:

See, this is why it's not a great idea to rely strictly on feats or lack thereof; if you're gonna use them, you gotta know the context. 

Strangefate was obsessed with the Amalgam-verse because it was where he was from. The Amalgam-verse was created by Access by temporarily merging the DC and Marvel universes to save both 'verses, then later split them back up to essentially do the same. Access also freed Strange's astral form from where Strangefate trapped it to so Strange could battle Strangefate. 

Also, Strangefate had to save himself from non-existence from the Amalgam-verse being split up by infusing himself with Strange's consciousness, so Strangefate might've been weaker at that point than when the Amalgam-verse still existed.

20 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Zatanna could win mostly through the idea that she’s one of the few characters he’s not familiar with (she doesn’t have an Amalgam equivalent that I’m aware of)

As mentioned, in the Amalgam-verse, Strangefate had White Witch (who is the Amalgam of Zatanna and Scarlet Witch) working for him, so he actually would be familiar with Zatanna's abilities.

8 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Wow, really? That's very surprising. Y'all thirsty 

Maybe. 😒

It's partially my fault, too. Bragged too much, and I probably took too long to rebut Magnamax's argument. But what's done is done.