Brock Samson: 4
Evil Ash: 0

Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

Farley meant to follow the group to the strange noise under the pirate ship, but stopped at the threshold and looked back at the mess they've made. Farley remembered his remorse for Muggy and Clara and didn't feel right just forgetting about them.

He gathered random items that he found on deck. A burnt piece of paper, to remind him of Clara. A plump but deceased salmon, to remind him of Muggy. Farley said a few words to himself, then let both items drift off into the ocean. "I'm sorry I wasn't prepared, friends. If I were faster perhaps, or magically inclined..." Farley said a prayer then met the crew back on the Angel Steve.

Farley would get himself acquainted with the newcomers and show them around the ship. He wouldn't discuss Muggy or Clara with anyone if they were mentioned.

17 hours ago, OMFG said:

Despite searching the ship, it looked like they had found everything worth taking, and the ship was pretty empty. It was quickly approaching nightfall, and the temperature had begun to slowly drop as the sun had set.

Abandoning the empty pirate ship, the crew would find themselves back on The Angel Steve, their destination even closer than before.

They now found themselves at a crossroads, up ahead was the famed "Fossilals Island", where many rumors of endless treasures have circulated. The only problem, those that seemed the treasure rarely lived to tell the tale 

Would they sail pass the island, and continue on their mission, to take a slight detour?

"I don't think I have another 'adventure' in me, friends. Let us progress. We need not put ourselves at risk."

Farley would make the most of his pastime by fishing alone.

Komi moved up to the deck near the stern of the ship and sat down cross-legged. "Spirit of Unity, please bind this crew together and allow them to survive and thrive. Let them see the power that comes from working together and the strength that flows from teamwork."

After her prayer, she closed her eyes in meditation.

Manmin never thought he’d encounter a nickname that he detested as much as “Hutch”. But the Leonin’s insistence on calling him “Mini” was equally, if not MORE infuriating.

But he didn’t say anything. He didn’t want to jeopardize his way off of this cursed vessel. They didn’t seem interested in towing the enemy ship either, so he didn’t push that. 

Tho not ideal, he was jus grateful for passage out of his former prison. He understood that they did have a set destination, was willing to go along for the ride, and was open to assisting them as well as a thank you for their help.

If asked if they should go to Fossilals, he would advise against it. 

He spent his time trying to familiarize himself with the Adventuring Guild. The Tortleman seemed to be experimenting great loss recently, so Manmin tried to keep him company while he fished. When around the Leonin, he would try to subtly try to insinuate that he was not a fan of the nickname. But it persisted. 

There seemed to be romance blossoming between the swordsman and the cooking girl, he didn’t get in the way of that. The bard was good company, and also seemed to be a recent addition to the group. 

And then there was their pledge. As irrational as she was, Manmin couldn’t help but find her endearing, in a kid sister type way. And he wasn’t scared of the magic bot because he was a wizard and he understood magic stuff. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2020 at 10:11 PM, Confession FPT said:

He spent his time trying to familiarize himself with the Adventuring Guild. The Tortleman seemed to be experimenting great loss recently, so Manmin tried to keep him company while he fished.

"I appreciate the company, though I don't want to bore you. We can chat if you like. Have you fished before? Or been on the ocean?"

Like a arrow flying through the air, The Angel Steve glided upon the water at a hasty speed, their destination coming closer and closer.

The weather favored them, as they sun shined warmly, the breeze guiding the ship along smoothly. It was practically the preferred sailing weather, optimized for efficient sailing. 

This however, would not last long. One particular morning, upon awakening gone was the clear blue skies, replaced by a gloomy mass of cumulonimbus, or storm clouds. The calm sails were now pulling to and from with the sharp wind that was tugging them in all directions at once. Sea foam spraying up against the sides of the ship, water lapping up and over the guard rail.

It seemed a storm was upon them.

3 hours ago, OMFG said:

Like a arrow flying through the air, The Angel Steve glided upon the water at a hasty speed, their destination coming closer and closer.

The weather favored them, as they sun shined warmly, the breeze guiding the ship along smoothly. It was practically the preferred sailing weather, optimized for efficient sailing. 

This however, would not last long. One particular morning, upon awakening gone was the clear blue skies, replaced by a gloomy mass of cumulonimbus, or storm clouds. The calm sails were now pulling to and from with the sharp wind that was tugging them in all directions at once. Sea foam spraying up against the sides of the ship, water lapping up and over the guard rail.

It seemed a storm was upon them.

"Boy, if we had to do this with crew and such we'd be in trouble. As it is with the magic of the boat helping, all we really need is two people at the helm to hold on and keep our course. Everyone else can go below and...Batten down the hatches or something." Corvo finished weakly before he added more seriously.

"Any volunteers? It's going to be very dangerous. I nominate myself as one unless anyone else feels they can do better in which case I'll concede. I say it mostly because if I fall off, I could teleport myself back on deck."

On 9/10/2020 at 10:49 PM, Hugo Fowl said:

"Boy, if we had to do this with crew and such we'd be in trouble. As it is with the magic of the boat helping, all we really need is two people at the helm to hold on and keep our course. Everyone else can go below and...Batten down the hatches or something." Corvo finished weakly before he added more seriously.

"Any volunteers? It's going to be very dangerous. I nominate myself as one unless anyone else feels they can do better in which case I'll concede. I say it mostly because if I fall off, I could teleport myself back on deck."

Viantius shrugged. "That whole teleporting thing seems to make you the right choice, my friend. If you need any help, I'd be more than happy to join you"

"Steve is a magic ship, no? He made a whole combat arena for us, surely he can handle the hatches and such." Cliff then began yelling at the ship.

"ANGEL STEVE! BATTEN THE HATCHES! Prepare yourself for stormy weather!"

Looking back to his group. "Well, I hope that works."

On 9/13/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bergy_Berg said:

"Steve is a magic ship, no? He made a whole combat arena for us, surely he can handle the hatches and such." Cliff then began yelling at the ship.

"ANGEL STEVE! BATTEN THE HATCHES! Prepare yourself for stormy weather!"

Looking back to his group. "Well, I hope that works."

Farley echoes Cliff, though he's a bit more polite. "Okay Steve, do your thing! Sail us away!"

Farley cracked a smile back at the group, enjoying the humor in all of this. "Anyone mind a little rain?"

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry for my hiatus, was just too caught up with the Fantasy Draft!

IC:

Try as they might, they were not able to overcome the great force that is mother nature. Not even The Angel Steve's magic infused sails were able to keep the ship upright enough to prevent the inevitable. Capsizing. With a great howl, the wind rocked the ship back and forth, and wave after wave crashed into the side of the ship. Eventually, the ship was overtaken by the sea, flipping head over tails, it's contents spilling out in to the ocean.

Slowly, the storm passed, and the passengers of the ship managed to hold on to whatever they could for dear life, floating through the seas in a semi conscious state. Those who could swim, were able to assist the others, those who were less than adequate at swimming, floated. 

Time passed, nights turned to day, and eventually they found themselves washed up on the shores of some sort of island. White, sparkling sand surrounded by tall Palm trees that poked the heavens. This island appeared to be uninhabited, showing no signs of previous life.

Just now, OMFG said:

OOC: Sorry for my hiatus, was just too caught up with the Fantasy Draft!

IC:

Try as they might, they were not able to overcome the great force that is mother nature. Not even The Angel Steve's magic infused sails were able to keep the ship upright enough to prevent the inevitable. Capsizing. With a great howl, the wind rocked the ship back and forth, and wave after wave crashed into the side of the ship. Eventually, the ship was overtaken by the sea, flipping head over tails, it's contents spilling out in to the ocean.

Slowly, the storm passed, and the passengers of the ship managed to hold on to whatever they could for dear life, floating through the seas in a semi conscious state. Those who could swim, were able to assist the others, those who were less than adequate at swimming, floated. 

Time passed, nights turned to day, and eventually they found themselves washed up on the shores of some sort of island. White, sparkling sand surrounded by tall Palm trees that poked the heavens. This island appeared to be uninhabited, showing no signs of previous life.

The storm washed over and all that Corvo could think of was gratitude.

Gratitude that his group was safe below, save for the one who helped him with the ship because these were terrifying conditions. And then all too soon it seemed, they were flipped upside down.

The water was oppressive, his lungs burned for air.

He was still bound to the wheel. 

Easily dealt with by teleporting out, but the moment he went up for air, once more he went down. The sea was callous and his wings and jacket felt like weights, dragging him to the depths.

Jessamine transformed then, wrapping around his arm into a clawed gauntlet similar to the one he usually wore. With the claws, he managed to snag himself a floatation. From there, all he could do was hold on and agonize how he felt like he failed his friends as the storm raged on and he desperately searched for the rest of them.

Time passed.

Corvo woke up.

Land.

He sat up quickly and regretted it, his head pounding as he went to work cleaning himself with Prestidigitation. The salt would be removed, his body and clothing were clean again.

He found his hat.

Jamming it on his head, he spread his wings and took off into the sky.

If he was on this beach, hopefully the rest were too. He would scout back and forth till his eyes bled if he had to.

Viantius slowly drags himself ashore, lute dragging behind him like an anchor. He coughs profusely, water-logged and miserable. "Of course my first mission is on a damn boat." He rants, at no one in particular. "Drow aren't built to swim. That fish guy? He would have loved sinking!" He takes a deep breath, looking around to see if he can find his companions. "Does anyone know where we are?" He asks loudly to the beach 

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Viantius slowly drags himself ashore, lute dragging behind him like an anchor. He coughs profusely, water-logged and miserable. "Of course my first mission is on a damn boat." He rants, at no one in particular. "Drow aren't built to swim. That fish guy? He would have loved sinking!" He takes a deep breath, looking around to see if he can find his companions. "Does anyone know where we are?" He asks loudly to the beach 

Corvo landed.

With a wave, he dried and cleaned the bardic dark Elve as he spoke aloud.

"Glad someone else made it. As to where we are, your guess is as good as mine."

• 3 weeks later...

Farley would have preferred not to get his hands wet.

But such was life.

The ship tipped them out into the ocean and Farley, being a Tortle, had the burden of being the one to saves his less aquatic mates.

He kept them above water as much as he could, but eventually even Farley passed out from exhaustion.

He awoke just as everyone was stirring.

"Oh wow. We lived. The spirit of Muggy truly saw us to shore!"

Farley was admittedly a bit too excited about the current events.

"I don't think I recognize this place either."