Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

2 hours ago, michalecs said:

"I'm known as Komi. I am a cleric of the church of Unity. That's why I cast my emboldening bond on you and Corvo, as you two would be most likely to have suffered discrimination because of your appearance..."

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Komi of the Church of Unity. I have to thank you. You seem like a very sweet spirit." Viantius smiled and strummed some pleasant, upbeat major chords on his Lute. "Though you might be surprised. Sometimes people can be surprisingly accepting."

29 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Komi of the Church of Unity. I have to thank you. You seem like a very sweet spirit." Viantius smiled and strummed some pleasant, upbeat major chords on his Lute. "Though you might be surprised. Sometimes people can be surprisingly accepting."

"Well, then I am happy you have found acceptance. That can be rare these days..."  She tapped her forefingers together in front of her, staring down at her feet.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, Hugo Fowl said:

"Let's find out." Corvo replied as he went to search.

As the plank between the ships groaned under the stress of the weight of the crew, they would cross into the Pirate's Ship, leavings The Angel Steve alone, per Erine's assurance.

From above the deck all seemed quiet, just scorch marks, blood, and debris from the earlier confrontation litter the starboard. The bodies of the dead sprawled across the deck, bits and pieces here and there.

The entrance to the lower deck is through the Captain's cabin, but on first attempt Erine is not able to make the door budge.

Upon closer inspection, she would notice some writing on the wall.

"To go forward, you must go back...? What the heck does that mean?"

1 minute ago, OMFG said:

As the plank between the ships groaned under the stress of the weight of the crew, they would cross into the Pirate's Ship, leavings The Angel Steve alone, per Erine's assurance.

From above the deck all seemed quiet, just scorch marks, blood, and debris from the earlier confrontation litter the starboard. The bodies of the dead sprawled across the deck, bits and pieces here and there.

The entrance to the lower deck is through the Captain's cabin, but on first attempt Erine is not able to make the door budge.

Upon closer inspection, she would notice some writing on the wall.

"To go forward, you must go back...? What the heck does that mean?"

"Maybe... if you stand in front of the door, and take a step back, there's some trigger or pressure plate on the deck?" Komi meekly suggests.

1 hour ago, michalecs said:

"Maybe... if you stand in front of the door, and take a step back, there's some trigger or pressure plate on the deck?" Komi meekly suggests.

Viantius steps in front of the door, then steps backwards. He pauses for a moment, thinking. 

"Hmm. Maybe we have to moonwalk into the door? It's possible it only opens if our back is facing it." Viantius tries to do the smoothest moonwalk he can into the door

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

Viantius steps in front of the door, then steps backwards. He pauses for a moment, thinking. 

"Hmm. Maybe we have to moonwalk into the door? It's possible it only opens if our back is facing it." Viantius tries to do the smoothest moonwalk he can into the door

As he walked backwards, the door opened with a click, spring access to the cabin.

An ordinary room, with papers spread on the table, a map with a compass, a sundial, and various other navigational tools.

Behind the desk, the entrance to the the lower deck of the ship.

What the group of adventures did not know, was that in one of corners of the lower decks, cast in shadow, was a small figure chained to a chair. The small humanoid had obsidian black skin and, in stark contrast, white-pupil-less eyes. He was bound in a thick, iron wrought chains that had been enchanted to suppress magic.   The chain wrapped each of his legs to a different front leg on the chair, it was brought around his torso several times, and was even occupying in the space in between his upper and lower jaw, rendering him to one communicate in jumbled gargles. The taste of the metal was the only taste that had graced his taste buds during his entire captivity. 

The pirate's prisoner was wearing a trench-coat that proudly displayed a badge. The badge read, "Inquisitor of City Watch, Manmin Hutch". The pirates took him while he was investing their illegal imports. They got the jump on him and took his unconscious body with them. He had lost count of how many days he had been abducted from their previous port and bound here. They didn't seem to want any information out of him, only coming down to beat him up occasionally.

But now the scenario had changed. He could tell this was the quiet after the storm. It was quite likely there was a change in management. He heard the whole commotion above deck. The jaw jacking, the explosions, and the whole brouhaha. And now it was quiet. The shuffling above was different then the noises the pirates made before, indicating that the invaders had won.  

His initial captors had been really tough, and now Hutch wondered what new kind of warriors he'd be dealing with. If they ever found him. Were these saviors or simply a much more sinister evil? Well, if they searched the ship hard enough he was gonna find out. And he was literally defenseless to get out of his predicament on his own (he had tried everything and was weak from hunger) and hoped that whatever entity encountered him would be benevolent enough to let him out.  

• Sad 1

On 8/29/2020 at 12:13 AM, OMFG said:

After the looting of all the dead bodies, like a pack of vultures attacking roadkill, the team would hear banging coming from below the deck of the pirate's ship, loud thumping noises, whimpering.

It seemed something was below the first floor of the pirate ship, was it friend...or foe?

"Hey, I think I hear something thumping and whimpering coming from the second floor of the pirate ship, do you think it's friend, or foe?" Erine would ask, pointing at the ship after having recollected her apples.

Farley would follow his friends to the strange sound after picking up what he thought was just usual staff. After looking at it closely, he realized it could make bird calls at will. It mimicked the vultures around the dead bodies. "Oh, wow. This could come in handy."

On 8/29/2020 at 10:14 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

Viantius strummed a brief, sad ballad after recovering a spell scroll from the ground. They drew arms against them, but it was a shame it came to blows so quickly. What a waste of life.

Viantius followed his newfound companions. He strode up alongside them and stretched out a hand. "Viantius Dinoryn. And you are?"

"Hello, Viantius. My name is Farley, friend of the folk. You're arrival was well timed. Thank you for the help."

11 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

What the group of adventures did not know, was that in one of corners of the lower decks, cast in shadow, was a small figure chained to a chair. The small humanoid had obsidian black skin and, in stark contrast, white-pupil-less eyes. He was bound in a thick, iron wrought chains that had been enchanted to suppress magic.   The chain wrapped each of his legs to a different front leg on the chair, it was brought around his torso several times, and was even occupying in the space in between his upper and lower jaw, rendering him to one communicate in jumbled gargles. The taste of the metal was the only taste that had graced his taste buds during his entire captivity. 

The pirate's prisoner was wearing a trench-coat that proudly displayed a badge. The badge read, "Inquisitor of City Watch, Manmin Hutch". The pirates took him while he was investing their illegal imports. They got the jump on him and took his unconscious body with them. He had lost count of how many days he had been abducted from their previous port and bound here. They didn't seem to want any information out of him, only coming down to beat him up occasionally.

But now the scenario had changed. He could tell this was the quiet after the storm. It was quite likely there was a change in management. He heard the whole commotion above deck. The jaw jacking, the explosions, and the whole brouhaha. And now it was quiet. The shuffling above was different then the noises the pirates made before, indicating that the invaders had won.  

His initial captors had been really tough, and now Hutch wondered what new kind of warriors he'd be dealing with. If they ever found him. Were these saviors or simply a much more sinister evil? Well, if they searched the ship hard enough he was gonna find out. And he was literally defenseless to get out of his predicament on his own (he had tried everything and was weak from hunger) and hoped that whatever entity encountered him would be benevolent enough to let him out.  

A dagger flashed and moved to cut him out, Corvo saying cheerfully.

"Up and at em, Lawman."

2 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

A dagger flashed and moved to cut him out, Corvo saying cheerfully.

"Up and at em, Lawman."

"Oh my goodness! We need to see about getting these chains off of him. Are you sure your dagger is strong enough to cut him free or should we look for a key or something?" Komi looked with disbelief at Corvo. Was Jessamine that powerful? 

Just now, michalecs said:

"Oh my goodness! We need to see about getting these chains off of him. Are you sure your dagger is strong enough to cut him free or should we look for a key or something?" Komi looked with disbelief at Corvo. Was Jessamine that powerful? 

He paused and looked at her before chuckling.

"Good call."

This would be a lot faster. And he turned her into a small warhammer with a crowbar back, intending to use it to good purpose when he paused and listened.

His eyes widened.

"We need the key. These chains surpress magic! Do you know how useful that could be for us?"

1 minute ago, michalecs said:

Komi, being the clever girl that she was, had guessed correctly.

Corvo's blade was powerfull, but not powerful enough to sever the chains that bounded Hutch. The more he attempted to cleave them, the stronger the chains would pull on Hutch's arms, causing pain as his ligaments began to stretch. If this continued, his body would be pulled apart. 

Viantius examined the situation. He began rambling out loud, trying to deduce the solution to this problem. 

"We need to find a key. A key to let him out. For all we know, he's a monk. Monk. Key. Monkey! Everyone, be on the look out for a monkey!" His confused babbling seems to confuse the situation further

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

Viantius examined the situation. He began rambling out loud, trying to deduce the solution to this problem. 

"We need to find a key. A key to let him out. For all we know, he's a monk. Monk. Key. Monkey! Everyone, be on the look out for a monkey!" His confused babbling seems to confuse the situation further

"....Sounds legit!"

Corvo went up on deck and flew up and around, searching.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Komi literally facepalms at this. "Corvo, wait!..." But it was too late. Corvo had flown off.

She simply turned around twice, studying the room. Sticking her tongue out of one side of her mouth she reaches up towards the doorframe. Huffing, as she can't quite reach it she gets a feather duster out of her pack and runs it along the top of the doorframe.

The key is knocked loose and she catches it , grinning. 

"Not bad for a maid..."

Walking back over to the prisoner, she unlocks the restraints and casts a minor healing spell on him.

"Honestly, my friends aren't always this clueless..." I hope, she adds mentally.

So far, the new group that had found him seemed like friendlies. He questioned whether they were interested in freeing him or jus interested in the properties of his bindings. Either way he’d be grateful to get out. 

He tried to communicate where the key was, but was unable to die the chain on his mouth. But one of them, without any aid, was able to find it and reach it with her feather duster. 

The chain, after days and days of constricting around his limbs finally fell. He took his first gasp of air that wasn’t filled with the taste of iron. And shot up to standing, in order stretch his poor legs. 

“Thank, thank you,” while he had been released, he was still leery of their intentions, but didn’t want to play his hand too soon. 

They had noticed his badge already, so they did see his name, so he decided to introduce himself. 

“I am Inquisitor Manmin Hutchinson of Windclast City Watch, I thank you for releasing me. I must ask,  how is it that we came to have similar enemies?” 

3 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

They had noticed his badge already, so they did see his name, so he decided to introduce himself. 

“I am Inquisitor Manmin Hutchinson of Windclast City Watch, I thank you for releasing me. I must ask,  how is it that we came to have similar enemies?” 

"Ahh... they're... pirates? Honestly I'm not sure if we attacked them or of they attacked us first. I was just coming up from belowdecks when the attack started..." Komi quickly showed her Bronze Adventurer Badge, and her holy symbol for the Church of Healing Unity, as if that would answer the rest of his questions.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:09 PM, Confession FPT said:

"I could have sworn that the answer to that last riddle was monkeys. Maybe I should have tried moonwalking again." Viantius turns his attention to Manmin

"Nice to meet you, Inquisitor." Viantius bows. "Viantius Dinoryn, at your service. As far as how we came to have similar enemies, I can't honestly tell you, man. I just got here. How did you manage to get locked up?"

• Thanks 1

Hutch was examining the Healer’s badge and trying figure out why they were talking about monkeys, when he was asked the question.  

He recounted to his liberators how he was investigating some shady characters who were potentially responsible for smuggling items in and out of the city, illegally. While spying on them from behind an adjacent warehouse, the pirate wizard got the drop on him, smacking him upside the head with the magic draining chains. And that he woke up here, and tortured for who knows how many days. 

“This entire ship is a floating crime scene, as far as I’m concerned,” he relayed to them, “I don’t know if your ship would be capable of towing this contraband transport, but-“ he interrupted himself mid-thought- “OH SHIT!” 

The stopped the conversation dead in its tracks and started looking around the deck for something.

”My spellbook! They took my spellbook! Where did they put it? It’s, uh, it’s red leather, and, uh.” He felt naked without it.  

(OOC: Rolls investigation, gets a 22.)

He very quickly found his backpack, he looked through it and all of his belongings were accounted for. Embarrassed at his previous outburst, he silently slipped the straps over  his shoulders. 

“I apologize, where were we?” 

Cliff has been super hopped up since the battle. It was incredibly exciting, until today he had never even seen a cannon. Now he has multiple kills with one under his belt, and against pirates. This was the kind of adventure he had signed up for.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:09 PM, Confession FPT said:

"That's a lot of name you got there. I think I heard Mini in there? I'ma call you that."

Cliff then wanders around the lower deck of the ship,  searching for pirate treasures.

Despite searching the ship, it looked like they had found everything worth taking, and the ship was pretty empty. It was quickly approaching nightfall, and the temperature had begun to slowly drop as the sun had set.

Abandoning the empty pirate ship, the crew would find themselves back on The Angel Steve, their destination even closer than before.

They now found themselves at a crossroads, up ahead was the famed "Fossilals Island", where many rumors of endless treasures have circulated. The only problem, those that seemed the treasure rarely lived to tell the tale 

Would they sail pass the island, and continue on their mission, to take a slight detour?

12 hours ago, OMFG said:

Despite searching the ship, it looked like they had found everything worth taking, and the ship was pretty empty. It was quickly approaching nightfall, and the temperature had begun to slowly drop as the sun had set.

Abandoning the empty pirate ship, the crew would find themselves back on The Angel Steve, their destination even closer than before.

They now found themselves at a crossroads, up ahead was the famed "Fossilals Island", where many rumors of endless treasures have circulated. The only problem, those that seemed the treasure rarely lived to tell the tale 

Would they sail pass the island, and continue on their mission, to take a slight detour?

As tempting as the adventure hook of treasure was? They WERE on the clock as it were. A deviation, especially in such dangerous territory would mean their principal would be compromised.

Though it did bring up an idea, Corvo moving to check on their supplies of food and water they had, as well as whatever they salvaged from the pirates.