Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Viantius blinked several times, the sudden shift in location dazing him momentarily. He shook his head, smirking slightly, and chuckled. 

"Hello gentlemen and ladies." The long-hair Drow took a exaggerated bow. "Viantius Dionryn, at your service, and it appears I've been called in to join you." He took his lute from around his back and began to pluck some chords.

"Tell me, does anyone have a favorite sea shanty?" 

Erine jumped up at down, waving her hands in the air.

"I always liked the one about the drunken sailor, father never let me drank so I wonder if any of those stories are true?"

Cliff holds up one hand to Corvo, the other unfastening his axe, as his body relaxes to its natural state.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we have something more important than finishing this fight to address."

He turns to the new arrival. "Sorry for the dumbfounded look, but the only time I've seen someone fall out of the sky is when they're dropped by a Roc. Before you get to your shanty, can we have some explanation as to how/what/why you just fell from the heavans?"

1 minute ago, OMFG said:

Erine jumped up at down, waving her hands in the air.

"I always liked the one about the drunken sailor, father never let me drank so I wonder if any of those stories are true?"

"Your father is a wise man," Viantius smiled. "I've lost many a coin drunk." 

1 minute ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Cliff holds up one hand to Corvo, the other unfastening his axe, as his body relaxes to its natural state.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we have something more important than finishing this fight to address."

He turns to the new arrival. "Sorry for the dumbfounded look, but the only time I've seen someone fall out of the sky is when they're dropped by a Roc. Before you get to your shanty, can we have some explanation as to how/what/why you just fell from the heavans?"

Viantius shrugged. "It appears the Gods have a sense of humor. I wish I could tell you more. One moment I was with Drondos, telling me to sit still, and the next thing I know I'm here, with you beautiful creatures. That's all I know friend" 

2 hours ago, OMFG said:

As the two members sparred, something devious was brewing above them.

From the heavens, a bright light pierced through the sky. A blinding ray pierced the otherwise tranquil day, and a voice boomed, loud enough to shake the ship on which they sailed.

"Mortals! I require the one you call 'Clara'!" With each spoken word, the ship vibrated, causing everyone on board to fall down, the ship running the risk of capsizing.

A rift appeared above them, figures that the mortal mind could not comprehend pouring out from it.

The enveloped Clara in a shining light, and in an instant she was gone. The rift closed, and the sky returned to it's natural state  .In her place sat a white haired drow, with an note on his chest.

It read:

"Had to borrow Clara for a bit, have this guy instead. - Drondos."

Komi was  aghast at this development. Sitting on the deck blinking.

komi surprised.jpg

7 hours ago, OMFG said:

As the two members sparred, something devious was brewing above them.

From the heavens, a bright light pierced through the sky. A blinding ray pierced the otherwise tranquil day, and a voice boomed, loud enough to shake the ship on which they sailed.

"Mortals! I require the one you call 'Clara'!" With each spoken word, the ship vibrated, causing everyone on board to fall down, the ship running the risk of capsizing.

A rift appeared above them, figures that the mortal mind could not comprehend pouring out from it.

The enveloped Clara in a shining light, and in an instant she was gone. The rift closed, and the sky returned to it's natural state  .In her place sat a white haired drow, with an note on his chest.

It read:

"Had to borrow Clara for a bit, have this guy instead. - Drondos."

Okay... now Farley had seen it all.

"Ms. Clara, No!" He yelled when she got mysteriously whisked away. His mind was racing on what to do but then a drow stood in place of Clara.

And a note had been left by Drondos. "So... Guys, I'm usually chill about things I get that but what is Drondos? What did he just do? How!?"

Farley was shook.

Corvo was going to need to visit Komi at some point.

His wounds had yet to heal entirely, though they were only bruises. His armor he had called back up, though in the end? Nothing but rest and care would fix them entirely. Up in the Crows next,he'd be relaxing...Thinking about that weird abduction before he blinked and looked outwards.

There was something on the water.

Coming their way. He let out a sharp whistle to alert the rest and pointed.

Yellow sparks flew from his fingers, a signal pre-arranged since the road. Yellow alert!

Muggy had previously been preparing to spare with Clara. But she was sucked into the sky. He initially blamed the Magic Boat and began attacking, “What did you do with my friend, Magic Boat!?” He took out his dagger and started jabbing at the nearest sand bag. 

He was so into that, that he didn’t even notice the new arrival until they had started strumming on the lute. 

“Wait, Drondos did what now?” he spoke as a bit of sand shifted out of the napping hole he jabbed into it. He whistled as he put his knife back non-chalantry. 

Then Farley poses his question about their employer, “He’s got to be some kind of Wizard, the more I learn about this magic stuff, the more I-“

Then Corvo whistled and drew their attention to the side of the ship. 

Muggy rushed to the side to look toward the disturbance, re-drawing his dagger.

OOC: (Perhaps I can roll some Nature or Perception check to see if I know anything in the water. I am from the water so I may have advantage or proficiency?)  

As the party adjusted to the sudden events that had just occured, Corvo had noticed a small shape in the distance, moving towards them.

Time passed, the party rested, and the object crept closer and closer. At last it was near, and it was a pirate ship! Gliding along the sea, propelled by the wind the ship inches closer and closer before it sat close enough to The Angel Steve for the party to make out the details on each individual's faces.

"Argh! We saw that there light beam on her ship, that means treasure! Arrr!" Shouted one of the pirates, licking his lips as his list for booty grew and grew.

"Aye mateys, let's go get there booties! Arrrr!' Shouted another, saliva practically falling from his mouth as the thought of treasure overwhelmed his senses.

"I do say good friends, lets us commit and act of thievery by attempting to steal their valuable treasure!" Yet another pirate piped up, also wanting some gold.

In total, there 7 of them, common bandits, each hungry for treasure. Behind the seven stood a more imposing figure, the captain, with his pirate wizard first mate.

boat fight.jpg

6 minutes ago, OMFG said:

As the party adjusted to the sudden events that had just occured, Corvo had noticed a small shape in the distance, moving towards them.

Time passed, the party rested, and the object crept closer and closer. At last it was near, and it was a pirate ship! Gliding along the sea, propelled by the wind the ship inches closer and closer before it sat close enough to The Angel Steve for the party to make out the details on each individual's faces.

"Argh! We saw that there light beam on her ship, that means treasure! Arrr!" Shouted one of the pirates, licking his lips as his list for booty grew and grew.

"Aye mateys, let's go get there booties! Arrrr!' Shouted another, saliva practically falling from his mouth as the thought of treasure overwhelmed his senses.

"I do say good friends, lets us commit and act of thievery by attempting to steal their valuable treasure!" Yet another pirate piped up, also wanting some gold.

In total, there 7 of them, common bandits, each hungry for treasure. Behind the seven stood a more imposing figure, the captain, with his pirate wizard first mate.

boat fight.jpg

As the intruding vessel approached, Muggy’s first inclination was to get Erine the FORK out of there. He turned, grabbed her hand, and started trying to lead her below deck, “Come on frann, lessgetchu safe.” 

He was attempting to lead her the only room he was aware of on the ship that had a lock, the Captain’s Quarters. 

(OOC: He would attempt to do this in an efficient and swift manner, also potentially some sort of Persuasion check to convince her it was the right thing to do.)

7 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

As the intruding vessel approached, Muggy’s first inclination was to get Erine the FORK out of there. He turned, grabbed her hand, and started trying to lead her below deck, “Come on frann, lessgetchu safe.” 

He was attempting to lead her the only room he was aware of on the ship that had a lock, the Captain’s Quarters. 

(OOC: He would attempt to do this in an efficient and swift manner, also potentially some sort of Persuasion check to convince her it was the right thing to do.)

Erine jumped in surprise as a slimy flipper attempted to grab her hand.

She twisted out and slapped at Muggy, but barely missed.

"I may have my fun, but I am a lady Mr. Whoopsire, and don't you forget!" She chastised him.

In the brief moment of peace before the storm, a pirate had the brightest idea of shooting a cannonball at The Angel Steve, perhaps thinking it best to catch the crew of guard.

Muggy, however saw through this!

BOOM

The explosion rang through the air, and the incoming projectile soared straight to The Angel Steve!

"Watch this frenn!" He exclaimed to Erine, springing into to action, he kept over the ship's guardrail, attempting to karate kick the oncoming cannonball out of midair.

Unfortunately for our dear Muggy, he underestimated the sheer velocity at which the cannonball was traveling, it easily ripped through his body, tearing it to shreds. His body did in fact change the trajectory of the cannonball, causing it to plunge straight into the water, out of harm's way.

Muggy had died, buried at sea, ripped to shreds from an oncoming cannonball.

Just now, OMFG said:

In the brief moment of peace before the storm, a pirate had the brightest idea of shooting a cannonball at The Angel Steve, perhaps thinking it best to catch the crew of guard.

BOOM

The explosion rang through the air, and the incoming projectile soared straight to The Angel Steve!

"Watch this frenn!" He exclaimed to Erine, springing into to action, he kept over the ship's guardrail, attempting to karate kick the oncoming cannonball out of midair.

Unfortunately for our dear Muggy, he underestimated the sheer velocity at which the cannonball was traveling, it easily ripped through his body, tearing it to shreds. His body did in fact change the trajectory of the cannonball, causing it to plunge straight into the water, out of harm's way.

"Muggy, why did you pull an Elbine?! You don't karate kick cannonballs!"

ENCOUNTER

"Droo the plank you sea dogs! Lower the sails, grapple theirs!" The Captain ordered from the comfort of his navigation area, he was too far away from attacking, but he issue orders just fine.

"We already got of 'em, the others will fall fast beneath The Son's Of The Eyes!" He bellowed, launching a bottle at the Angel Steve, completely missing it's mark.

Spurned on by the captain's words, one pirate sprinted across the boarding plank, and lept onto the Angel Steve, finally in attacking position.

15 hours ago, OMFG said:

BOOM

As if things couldn't get any worse, Muggy saved the group from a cannonball. It cost him his life.

Farley wanted to tell the ship to use it's magic to get them out of there. Away from the pirates and violence. But Farley knew his crewmates well enough that they wouldn't stand to retreat. They were fighters and even though he wasn't the aggressive type, Farley understood.

He swallowed the pit in his stomach from the loss of Muggy and readied himself to defend the ship. Life had called on this quest, he could not change course now.

2 hours ago, OMFG said:

ENCOUNTER

"Droo the plank you sea dogs! Lower the sails, grapple theirs!" The Captain ordered from the comfort of his navigation area, he was too far away from attacking, but he issue orders just fine.

"We already got of 'em, the others will fall fast beneath The Son's Of The Eyes!" He bellowed, launching a bottle at the Angel Steve, completely missing it's mark.

Spurned on by the captain's words, one pirate sprinted across the boarding plank, and lept onto the Angel Steve, finally in attacking position.

"Cliff, please protect Erine. She must not be harmed!"

Farley sees the pirate board the Angel Steve. He was closest to him and the pirate would likely attack him first because he looked so unthreatening. Today he'd meet his match.

Farley would extend his quarterstaff and notice the apple by his feet from earlier. He will flick the apple with the bottom of his staff, aiming for the pirates head. With that distraction, Farley would twirl into range and strike the pirates ribcage, hoping the it would either send him back into the ocean or knock him down.

Despite being distracted by the flicked apple, the pirate was still able to dodge out of the way of Farley's attack. It seems the nice Tortle fella was still distracted and distraught from his fellow fish's death.

Another Pirate began to cross the plank, inching his way closer and closer to the group.

He pulls out his crossbow, and takes a wild shot at Farley, missing badly.

Viantius blinked several times, a look of pure confusion on his face. Pirates? Exploding fishmen? What had he gotten himself into.

He sighed. If he was going to be here, he may as well go along for the ride. 

He glared at the pirate that made it onto their ship, and with a strum of his lute, called out "I was going to call you a Scallywag, but you look more like a strumpet to me!" And he casts Vicious Mockery on the pirate.

As the words notes reverberate through the air, and after seeing Farley instruct Cliff to protect the girl, Viantius also uses Bardic Inspiration on Cliff. "You keep that girl safe. I owe her a shanty."

Corvo considered his options and then had a wicked idea.

And drawing Jessamine, he leaped out of his place in the crows nest and dive-bomb slashed away towards his target of choice!

The ramp the pirate was on.

8 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Viantius blinked several times, a look of pure confusion on his face. Pirates? Exploding fishmen? What had he gotten himself into.

He sighed. If he was going to be here, he may as well go along for the ride. 

He glared at the pirate that made it onto their ship, and with a strum of his lute, called out "I was going to call you a Scallywag, but you look more like a strumpet to me!" And he casts Vicious Mockery on the pirate.

As the words notes reverberate through the air, and after seeing Farley instruct Cliff to protect the girl, Viantius also uses Bardic Inspiration on Cliff. "You keep that girl safe. I owe her a shanty."

The pirate began to sob, he was used to physical pain, but why would anyone target his feelings?

He cried so much he slipped and twisted his wrist, which would cause some trouble the next time he were to attack.

Just now, OMFG said:

The pirate began to sob, he was used to physical pain, but why would anyone target his feelings?

He cried so much he slipped and twisted his wrist, which would cause some trouble the next time he were to attack.

Jessamine barely bit into the wood, which made him sigh.

At least he was now facing his foe and blocking the way as he spoke to him.

"I judge thee and find thee wanting."

His eyes glowed gold and he took a ready pose.

As the pirates saw one of their mates get bullied to the point of tears, a winged demon poke the wooden beam with his sword, and then proceeded to mock the same poor pirate with a curse, they began to rule up.

"Get da bastard!" One yelled, unloading his crossbow at Corvo grazing his shoulder leaving a bloody streak behind.

As he does, a flash of light engulfs the pirate's left nipple, sizzling it off. "Aaahhh, my favorite nipple!" The pirate shouted in pain.

Taking advantage of the situation the deck wizard shot a ice spell at Corvo, but missed, the spell crashing into the sea.

While this happened, the other 2 remaining pirates manned the cannons, loading them ready to fire.

*sigh* Well, if I have to watch the merchant's brat...

"Erine, you're coming with me. We're gonna go fuck some shit up." With that, he grabs his charge and races below decks to man the cannons with Erine's help.

OOC:Not sure exactly how this will work, but I'm hoping Erine and I can work together to have a cannon firing every round.

23 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

*sigh* Well, if I have to watch the merchant's brat...

"Erine, you're coming with me. We're gonna go fuck some shit up." With that, he grabs his charge and races below decks to man the cannons with Erine's help.

OOC:Not sure exactly how this will work, but I'm hoping Erine and I can work together to have a cannon firing every round.

"Aye aye captain!" Erine hollered, following Cliff like a lost puppy.

His plan worked brilliantly, The cannonball ripped through the side of the pirate's ship, knocking off a chunk.

The sudden impact knocked the board off, but Corvo and the cursed pirate managed to hop off on time.

Komi Sprung into action! Well, for her, anyway...

She invoked the power of unity, targeting the two people that would most suffer inequity due to their appearance, Corvo, and the new arrival, Viantius. "You can win together! Go and triumph!" And strangely they both felt emboldened and emotionally bonded, albeit temporarily - due to their shared backgrounds of people assuming what they were like due to their races.

Komi walked up to Corvo and touched his forearm. His body glowed with the power of unity, granting a shield made of her own faith in the church to protect him from harm.

"I have confidence in you! We can defeat these villains together!"

Gone was her meek tones, she was actually speaking at full volume. yelling even. It was... a little unsettling for those used to her mild mannerisms.

komi expressive.jpg

Angered at the current affairs, the Pirate Captain rose up and began to shout "Shape up ye dogs!" 

Taking careful aim, he fired a bolt at Cliff, to get him away from the cannons, luckily for Cliff the Captain missed the shot!

The men, inspired, or maybe threatened, by the captain began to fight with a renewed will.

The first pirate, picked up a new plank and threw it between the two ships, once again creating a path that they could cross.

With a new platform, the pirates could not start to make their way back onto The Angel Steve.