MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

OMFG

5 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

Muggy looks over to Farley, “Would you like a shiny rock, sir?” 

Farley shakes his head no in response. "I'm fine, thanks."

Looking at the body, Farley says to the group "Would any of you like to help me bury him? I don't know what tradition Elbine would have preferred but I don't think we should prolong waiting. We want his spirit to go in peace."

3 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Farley shakes his head no in response. "I'm fine, thanks."

Looking at the body, Farley says to the group "Would any of you like to help me bury him? I don't know what tradition Elbine would have preferred but I don't think we should prolong waiting. We want his spirit to go in peace."

Pocketing the remaining two pebbles, the fishman replied, “Yeh, I’ll help out, seems like the right thing to do. We should be quick tho.”

6 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

Pocketing the remaining two pebbles, the fishman replied, “Yeh, I’ll help out, seems like the right thing to do. We should be quick tho.”

1 minute ago, The Boob Tube said:

Clara also helps out as well as she assists in the process for a proper burial.

"Thank you"

Farley digs a hole for Elbine with his claws. It wasn't difficult but he remembered why he preferred burial at sea. Much faster. Though he did like Clara and Muggys help. It was the first thing he could remember them doing as a team. Sad it had to be burying a teammate.

"Okay, I think it's big enough. Let's lift her."

Corvo was disappointed.

Mostly at Clara. For someone so intelligent, the mental gymnastics she went through to justify him being at fault despite all she saw staggered the mind. Should he had let her be shot? Or for any of the others? Did she wonder at the implications of that dagger, the Tabaxi knowing what it did and STILL making her hold it? Or perhaps she simply didn't value the others as much as someone who was ungrateful for them all aiding her, had obvious violent tendencies and threw the provincial tantrum in ambushing them on the road. 

If any of it was true, his mental evaluation of her would drop as he sighed and said a prayer for the departed privately, head bowed and hand on his sword.

Cursed he was called and it wasn't new. Perhaps he was.

But he wasn't alone and he spoke mentally to Jessamine.

"I learned a truth today. For a person to be saved, there must be one in danger. And in saving someone, another must perish. All you can really do is save as many as you can. But...Did I do the right thing?"

He watched the two halves of the Tabaxi get placed in the grave, cleaved in half by his power as he pondered.

Was this how it was and always would be?

2 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"I learned a truth today. For a person to be saved, there must be one in danger. And in saving someone, another must perish. All you can really do is save as many as you can. But...Did I do the right thing?"

*Oh my sweet baby boy, of course you did the right thing. Would you rather let anyone else be in danger, when you're powerful enough to stop it, you sexy hunk?*

The blade reassured him, to her keeping Corvo safe was her first priority.

Just now, OMFG said:

*Oh my sweet baby boy, of course you did the right thing. Would you rather let anyone else be in danger, when you're powerful enough to stop it, you sexy hunk?*

The blade reassured him, to her keeping Corvo safe was her first priority.

"Flattery will get you nowhere." He responded mentally, but feeling a little better.

It wasn't the first life he had taken and all of them who worked in the shadows of the Healing Church were told the worth of life and how precious it was. But if any man or woman judged another worthy of death?

Then it was best they wielded the sword. If they could not,then perhaps they were not so deserving.

He closed his eyes, tried his best to focus on her. As always the image was somewhat blurry. Still little more than thoughts and whispers, a voice in his head. But sometimes if he focused he could sense her. Feel the heat radiate off her, hear a whisper of silk and a sound of bells. She had been his friend since the moment he bonded with her.

She was his partner.

He looked into the skies, noted the time and spoke aloud.

"Pay your respects if you wish. We should establish a campsite before it gets too dark."

This entire escapade had cost them valuable time and soon, it would be dark.

Fishman stretched his fins out over his head, letting out a big yawn. “Muggy tired,” he said laying down, “Muggy sleep.” He waddled over to a nearby mud puddle. He proceeded to take off his leather tunic and folded it. He took his backpack and other loose equipment in a neat pile by the water source (didn’t want to damage his landlubber supplies in the water) and submerged himself in the cool collection of H2O. “Night franns, wake me if I need to be the next watcH.” 

It has been a rough few days for our adventuring team.

Not a week has passed and a member has already been lost, worse is the fact that she was fell not to an enemy's blade, but a comrade's instead.

The world of Belleterra will surely miss Elbine, the mysterious Tabaxi. Remembered as a person of many mysteries, and little answers, she will go down in history as the very first fatality of Squad C.

She was buried in an unmarked grave sixty miles West of Eastrun. The party member Farley made sure that on top of Elbine's deceased body, was the photograph she had on her that showed her during a rare happy time. A young Elbine and her adopted mother smiling, true happiness in their eyes.

And so passed a solemn night in the world of Belleterra. 

It is now the next morning, the birds are chirping, and the sun is shining down on our party.

Griff and Muggy made sure to keep a constant watch going through the night, to ensure no more harm could come to the party.

Clara and Farley mourned their lost companion.

Corvo spent the night in his tent, contemplating the meaning of life, and what it means to do the right thing.

It is a new day, and today they should finally handle the original mission, to investigate the bandit camp reported to have been attacking and robbing innocent men.

The party lies approximately 10 miles north east of the bandit's camp.

2 hours ago, OMFG said:

It has been a rough few days for our adventuring team.

Not a week has passed and a member has already been lost, worse is the fact that she was fell not to an enemy's blade, but a comrade's instead.

The world of Belleterra will surely miss Elbine, the mysterious Tabaxi. Remembered as a person of many mysteries, and little answers, she will go down in history as the very first fatality of Squad C.

She was buried in an unmarked grave sixty miles West of Eastrun. The party member Farley made sure that on top of Elbine's deceased body, was the photograph she had on her that showed her during a rare happy time. A young Elbine and her adopted mother smiling, true happiness in their eyes.

And so passed a solemn night in the world of Belleterra. 

It is now the next morning, the birds are chirping, and the sun is shining down on our party.

Griff and Muggy made sure to keep a constant watch going through the night, to ensure no more harm could come to the party.

Clara and Farley mourned their lost companion.

Corvo spent the night in his tent, contemplating the meaning of life, and what it means to do the right thing.

It is a new day, and today they should finally handle the original mission, to investigate the bandit camp reported to have been attacking and robbing innocent men.

The party lies approximately 10 miles north east of the bandit's camp.

Farley would sleep inside his shell until waking up with the others.

"Morning everyone." Farley would gather himself for the trek to the bandit camp.

"We should be on our way while it's early."

Just now, SSJRuss said:

"Morning everyone." Farley would gather himself for the trek to the bandit camp.

Corvo nodded and then stretched out his wings. Still as sinister looking as before as he spoke aloud.

"I'll keep an eye out. If I see any danger, I'll signal with red sparks and if unsure, yellow."

He then crouched and then took off into the air, flapping gracefully until he was naught but a dot in the skies.

7 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Muggy collects his stuff and inspects it to make sure all his items are where he left them. 

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

"Of course," Clara responds as she collected her things and moves with the rest of the group. The young wizard is relatively quiet this morning as she is only focused on the current mission at this time and is ready to get this over with. 

7 hours ago, OMFG said:

OOC: Is Griff IKA's new character? Quick replacement.

Cliff stretches out, limbering up for the trek ahead. "Well, after yesterday's excitement, I can't wait to see what everyone else has hidden away." He motions to the sky, where Corvo has flown off. "I can say I definitely didn't see that coming. Anyone else plan to sprout some body parts I should be aware of?"

11 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

OOC: Is Griff IKA's new character? Quick replacement.

Cliff stretches out, limbering up for the trek ahead. "Well, after yesterday's excitement, I can't wait to see what everyone else has hidden away." He motions to the sky, where Corvo has flown off. "I can say I definitely didn't see that coming. Anyone else plan to sprout some body parts I should be aware of?"

OOC: Dang autocorrect changed Cliff to Griff, sorry!

IC:

Covering the distance to the camp both by ground and by air the crew arrived relatively quickly. 

The camp was not that large, all things considered, surrounded by a palliside walls on all sides.

Stopping at approximately 100 feet away, they are able to get a good eye at the defenses of the camp. It does not appear that there are any perimeter defenses, this can be attributed to the over confidence of the bandit members.

Just now, OMFG said:

IC:

Covering the distance to the camp both by ground and by air the crew arrived relatively quickly. 

The camp was not that large, all things considered, surrounded by a palliside walls on all sides.

Stopping at approximately 100 feet away, they are able to get a good eye at the defenses of the camp. It does not appear that there are any perimeter defenses, this can be attributed to the over confidence of the bandit members.

There was a lot of prejudice against Tieflings still and there were times Corvo wished otherwise.

But to fly was a dream he'd never give up.

The world seemed so much more beautiful from above, so much more peaceful. All the worries fell away and there was only the skies and the heights you could attain. But he was on the clock right now.

Corvo would circle-once, twice. Making sure to get a good look at the camp and it's layout, seeking out those who may be in to determine how many were currently inside the walls and how many were off on patrol or the like.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OMFG said:

IC:

Muggy attempts to verify with the group that it is still the plan that he needs to do a little sneak-sneak and find a way to start a Distraction fire, if need be, for a last resort. 

5 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

"If you'd like, Muggy. I plan to stay out of sight unless things go sour. I'll be close."

Assuming this is a forested region, Cliff will find a place amongst the trees nearby to hide in.

“Roger,” he performs a foreign looking salute, and sneaks around the perimeter of the camp, reading a torch from his backpack, ya know. Jus in case.   

Just now, The Boob Tube said:

"So does this mean I'll be the distraction? I walk up to the front gate and talk to these strong ladies? What should I say to them exactly?"

Corvo banked and swooped down, flapping his wings once to settle gently. As they retracted in, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Not sure what part of the plans you remember. But I felt a reminder was in order just in case. You, Farley and me will step up to the gates. Call out then for Bertha of the Rowdy Maidens and say we are here for justice on behalf of those among them affected."

He paused and gave off a grim air as he added. "These are battered women now. Folks who fled and took to violence, believing there was no other option. As a result, they're on a hair trigger. Everyone try not to upset them, though I feel we should be fine. Can't be too careful."

Especially now that their troublemaker was gone.

It was a bad thought, but not inaccurate the Tiefling felt.

53 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

"If you'd like, Muggy. I plan to stay out of sight unless things go sour. I'll be close."

Assuming this is a forested region, Cliff will find a place amongst the trees nearby to hide in.

As they are still in the forest, there are an abundance of trees for Cliff to hide in.

47 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

“Roger,” he performs a foreign looking salute, and sneaks around the perimeter of the camp, reading a torch from his backpack, ya know. Jus in case.   

Muggy pulls out a torch, it being morning time and all, there is little need for the torch. Perhaps he has other ideas in mind?

6 minutes ago, OMFG said:

As they are still in the forest, there are an abundance of trees for Cliff to hide in.

Muggy pulls out a torch, it being morning time and all, there is little need for the torch. Perhaps he has other ideas in mind?

OOC: the torch is not lit at this time, he was instructed to potentially start a distraction fire of things went south.