MATCH SCORE
Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild!

OMFG

T3FUqXg.jpg

The Adventurer's Guild, what once attracted ambitious people, like moths to a light, now sat as a shadow of it's former glory.

Here is where you find yourself, answering a desperate call for volunteers.

You enter through the doors.

"Ah! A volunteer, welcome, welcome!" A voice calls out from the back.

An older gentleman limps out, his cane supporting his weight. 

"Again, welcome volunteer, I am Drondos, the guild master. As I'm sure you know we are...lacking in new members. The realm has been suffering quite the turmoil lately."

Drondos pauses dramatically, moving the the closest window, he speaks openly as if lost in his own thoughts.

"Yes..they say magic has come back into the realm...An ancient magic, once thought lost. The Elves of Mytelshys, once thought to be near extinct have been spotted crossing into Criorther.."

"It is our job to find out what exactly has caused the return of such magic, and to assist the common folk from the monsters."

"You will be part of an elite squad of adventurers, together you will travel the land, and fight all kinds of for, and restore glory to our guild!"

The old man turns to you, and retrieves a sheet of paper from his breast pocket.

"But first, it's required that you fill out this sheet, please try not to leave anything blank!"

Character Creation

Since this is a poor man's D&D, feel free to use the 5e version of available classes/races linked here: 

https://www.dndbeyond.com/races

https://www.dndbeyond.com/classes

Picture:

Name:

Race:

Class:

Backstory:

• Character Attributes

*Note, due to inability to roll dice, I'll specific when certain attributes are going to be tested.

You have a total of 12 points you can spend, all stats start at 5, with 7 being average. You are allowed to go below average but take a penalty.

Certain races gain bonus, or minus points in stats. Follow what the rules say in the Player's Handbook. Anything too specific, feel free to post, I'll figure it out!

Strength: 5

Durability: 5

Agility: 5

Intelligence: 5

Luck: 5

Charisma: 5

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

(If any of the following info does not work in your campaign setting, I understand and am open for change.) 

Picture: image.jpeg.4fa528fa7e074a726b37e46283e74e71.jpeg

Name: Muggy Whoopsire 

Race: Locathah

Class: Rouge 

Backstory: Muggy was supposed to join the elite warriors of his race to go on an epic undersea quest...but they left him behind. He now has a deep desire to share in the thrilling adventure that was denied to him. He planned on operating as the group sneaky boi, who would be able to talk his way out of dangerous situations. He has a big fat face and beady black eyes, so he’s kinda cute? For a fish man, anyway. But he also kinda dumb. Charming MF, tho, relying on his diplomatic skills in many situations. He stays close to the shore now, one of the only of his race to prefer the land. He wonders to this day how his group was able to forget about him. It has not occurred to him that they didn’t take him on purpose. Which may have been the best thing, because that party never came back.  

• Character Attributes 

Strength: 8

Durability: 7

Agility: 7

Intelligence: 4

Luck: 7

Charisma: 10

Abilities: Sneak Attack, Limited Amphibian, Leviathan Will, Expertise 

Proficient: Dice Set, Sea Vehicles, Thieves Tools, Athletics, Deception, Intimidate, Nature, Perception, Persuasion, Stealth, Slight of Hand

Items: Burglar Pack, Leather Armor, Blue Pebble, Purple Pebble, Chalk, XXXL Waterskin, Guild Badge (x2),    

19 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

(If any of the following info does not work in your campaign setting, I understand and am open for change.) 

Picture: image.jpeg.4fa528fa7e074a726b37e46283e74e71.jpeg

This works perfect!

I love the bio too, as I don't really think I'll be a super duper, Debbie downer DM.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OMFG said:

Certain races gain bonus, or minus points in stats. Follow what the rules say in the Player's Handbook. Anything too specific, feel free to post, I'll figure it out!

So, how does this part work? For example, a hill dwarf has a +2 to constitution and +1 to wisdom, neither of which are stats I see under the attributes section. Should we be ignoring racial modifiers?

5 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

So, how does this part work? For example, a hill dwarf has a +2 to constitution and +1 to wisdom, neither of which are stats I see under the attributes section. Should we be ignoring racial modifiers?

I have a similar question. I did not add any racial bonuses to those stats. Which ones would I add? This species gets STR+2 and DEX+1, should I apply those? 

Ehhhh...gimme a sec here.

Probably should've posted this after I get off work.

Try to balance things out, if you get a +2 in intelligence, give yourself a -1 in strength.

If you give yourself a +2 in endurance, give yourself a -1 in agility.

We're playing pretty loose here, the abilities will only come up in dire circumstances.

• Like 1

Picture:  

Jumps-From-Cliffs.thumb.jpg.9493c4e834757d0d98aed20f752288d6.jpg

Name: Jumps-From-Cliffs (Cliff)

Race: Leonin 

Class: Barbarian 

Backstory: Born in the freezing mountains, Cliff came to emulate the attributes of the mountain beasts-strength, grace, and a bit of luck. The 7-foot tall giant of a cat moves as swiftly and silently as his feral brethren. He earned his name leaping from great heights to catch his prey, relying on his athletic ability and good fortune.  
From high in the mountains one can see for miles, and Cliff yearned to explore the lands he saw stretched out before him. When he came down and heard tales of a guild specializing in adventure, Cliff couldn’t resist his curiosity. 

Attributes 

Strength: 11

Durability: 10

Agility: 8 

Intelligence: 5 

Luck: 7 

Charisma: 4 

Skills: Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Survival, Stealth. (Based on background of a warrior and hunter.)

Racial traits: Darkvision, Natural Claws, Daunting Roar, Slightly increased speed (35ft vs 30ft for humans)

Class features at level 1: Proficiency in light, medium armor plus shields and all weapons, strength and con saves(con probably=durability, if saving throw prof matters.) Rage and Unarmored defense.

At level 2: Reckless attack, danger sense.

Name: Farley

Race: Tortle

Class: Monk

Age: 45 (Life span is upwards of 365 yrs, so he's only just fully matured into an adult)

Backstory: Farley had a typical tortle life. He was born in the Tenmura Isles but left as soon he could walk as he and his family were nomadic. He traveled what he considers a lot of Belleterra and finds so many things interesting. He has lived on beaches and farms. He enjoys early mornings and sunlight. He worked various jobs to learn new things and meet new people. He believes Belleterra is a spirit that should be nourished by good deeds, good people and treating the land and it's creatures with respect. He knows he has a lot to learn though, since he's only just becoming a full-grown adult.

Strength: 7

Durability: 8

Agility: 6

Intelligence: 8

Luck: 9

Charisma: 8

(claws, hold breath, natural armor, shell defense, survival instinct)

Items: Explorer's pack which includes - rations, backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, a waterskin and 50 feet of hempen rope.

Additional items - Cane(Collapsible Quarterstaff with 6 foot range) , Straw hat, Satchel, Poncho given to him by his mother, Lemon grass he likes to chew on, 10 throwing darts, Guild Badge, Grappling Hook, Lamp, Fishing Tackle, Book (What The Hell Are Fish Vol. 12)

0GP, 0SP

Farley.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Just gonna be a party of freaks running around. Fish dude, cat dude, turtle dude...

I guess this turned into a furries only RP, easy enough to fix. I'll just make everyone else furries too.

Name: Clara St. Claire   

Race:  Human 

Class:   Wizard

Backstory:  Ever since she was a little girl, Clara has always earned for something more and adventurous with her life outside of her hometown of Glenfell. But it does not seem to be possible for the longest time living a sheltered lifestyle with her wealthy family. Until one day when she visited her local bookstore and discovered a couple of spell books which she spent most of her free time practicing in the basic art of wizardry & magic and became completely enthralled with it. After completing all of her schooling, and saving up some money, Clara took it upon herself to venture out into the great unknown for the very first time in her young adult life and see what the world has to offer. 

Character Attributes:     

Strength:   

Durability: 4   

Agility: 7   

Intelligence: 16 

Luck: 11   

Charisma: 5

Spells:

Cantrips: Blade Ward, Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt

1st: Disguise Self, Detect Magic

clara3.jpg

Proficiency: Arcana, History, Investigation, Religion

Speaks 4 languages. Human features, +1 to each skill attribute. Cloistered Scholar. 

Equipment: A magic crystal ball, 3 spell books, (borrowed) research book, component pouch, Writing kit, Herbalism Kit, Pouch, and Scholar's pack.

5 gp, 5 sp, 20 cp

Picture:

hooded_figure_by_dravek_d8e2ogu-fullview.jpg

Name: Elbine (No family name to give)

Race: Elf/Tabaxi

Class: Ranger

Backstory:

Born a full fledged Tabaxi, its village was attacked and set ablaze by bandits. Alone and left to die inside a burning tent, a young welping kitten cries for help. It's savior would come in the form of an Elven woman, who would raise the kitten as her own child. This act however would cause the Elf to be shunned from her homeland, and stripped of her family title and all belongings aside from some simple tools and a bow to keep them alive.

For years, the elf would train the kitten in all she she knew of archery, of stealth, and of theft. After all, being shunned from her homeland, meant she also no longer had to abide by the laws of the land. However, one night As the Kitten waited at home, for its adopted mother to return, instead, the kitten was greeted by one of the elven elders who dropped a sack at the door of the camp.

"Don't let us see you near our village again." The Elder demanded before turning to leave.

Upon opening the sack, the kitten would find the head of its adopted mother.

Not much else is known of this cat, but one thing is for sure, they never seen the kitten in the village. In fact looking at a map, the village the kitten talks about, has not been seen or heard from in a very long time. 

Attributes:

Strength: 7

Durability: 6

Agility: 12

Intelligence: 15

Luck: 1

Charisma: 4

(Dark Vision, Keen Senses, Trance, Feline Agility, Cat's Claws, Cat's Talent)